Silver Nitrate Applicators - Tube 100
- Applicator stick 75% Silver Nitrate 25% Potassium Nitrate
- Unique plastic applicator adds flexibility
- Packaged in a secure vial to insure moisture control
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Canker sore treatment that worked for me:
1. Depending on how well lit your “working area” is, a flashlight may be helpful to shine into your mouth. You will also need a mirror. A friend may also be desirable to hold the flashlight. Have a freezer size zip lock bag or some other safe way to dispose of the silver nitrate safely immediately after use.
2. Prepare two glasses of water, one large for rinsing your mouth, one smaller glass for dipping the silver nitrate.
3. Study your mouth, and know your game plan.
4. If possible, use a cloth to dry the area(s) you plan to treat. ( I did my best here, but the area was still quite wet)
5. Open the tube wearing rubber gloves, remove a stick, and dip the end with the bulb into the small glass of water. Then, dump that glass of water down the drain.
6. Using the mirror (and also flashlight if needed) apply the tip of the silver nitrate to the sore(s) for about 5 seconds on each sore (it will sting).Read more ›
This product saved my life! I have been dealing with chronic mouth ulcers for over 7 years and have seen 3 different doctors about them. All they would give me was lidocaine, which would only numb the sore temporarily (5 min) but not heal it. This is just what I needed- something that would physically change the sore instead of numb it.
My quality of life is so much better. I get multiple sores at once- the most I had was 7 at one time. (The doctor said it was from stress...) I would not eat for days. It hurt to smile, talk, drink water... I overdosed on lidocaine and got really sick and missed work. Never again!
I still get the sores- I have had 21 in the last 3 months, including a MONSTER sore that didn't heal for 2 weeks, and left a scar. I wish I had the silver nitrate then!
CAUTION: This stains! If your saliva gets on your lip after using this it will make a black spot that will last 1-2 days. Same for teeth. What I do is hold a tissue in between my lips for awhile after using.
Another thing to be aware of is the potential for Argyria (skin permanently turns gray from silver in the body) ...I don't know if that could happen by using this. Anyone know???
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Shelf life on these is nonexistent. Little to no effect (barely even blacked the skin).
A few months later, and they're completely useless. Read more
Only discolored skin, however did not help in any way with wart removal on finger (small wart). Would recommend going in and getting it done with a dermatologist instead of buying... Read morePublished 6 months ago by S. PARKINSON
Really useful. I got rid of my pyogenic granuloma really fast thank you!!Published 10 months ago by Nadia