5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I had in mind
Published on September 29, 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Quiet like I wanted but time needs to be reset few times a year
After a few to several months, I notice that this clock runs slow and have to adjust it forward by about two to three minutes. It is very quiet. If it kept time without having to adjust it, then at least 4 stars would have been given.
Published 13 months ago by Myykke

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I had in mind, September 29, 2010
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
This clock looked great in the picture and even better in person. It functioned exactly like I had hoped for with a sweeping second-hand similar to that of the automatic movement found in high-end wristwatches. It's quiet and looks classy all at a reasonable price -- quite possibly the best value wall clock I have ever purchased. (Damn... what's happened to my life? I'm writing product reviews about wall clocks!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Quiet Clock, March 6, 2011
Sarah (St. Albans USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
This clock is exactly what I was looking for. It is affordable but doesn't look cheap. It's large without being too large, and I can see the numbers easily from across the room. (My vision isn't very good.) It looks very much like the picture. Best of all, no ticking sound! I hate a clock that ticks and this one is truly quiet. I'm thinking of purchasing a second one for our basement.

Update: It's been two years and this clock is still going strong. It continues to keep good time and remains as quiet as the day I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Quiet, Classy Clock, April 16, 2011
M. E. Ultee (Hillsborough, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
Remember the old school clocks that plugged into the wall and were watched by anxious pupils everywhere, especially the second hand, awaiting the end of a class period? That second hand swept smoothly, almost effortlessly around the clock's round face. And it was quiet, too. Now most wall clocks are battery powered, but the trade off for not seeing the power cord is usually a jerky, clicky motion of the second hand around the clock face. And how annoying are those rhythmic clicks as the second hand twitches around the clock face!

Enter the Telesonic quiet wall clock. It is amazingly quiet -- you'd need a stethoscope to hear the motor. The second hand moves along perfectly smoothly, with a fluid motion that is so satisfying after dealing with jerky motion of other clocks. And no power cord either. Furthermore, it is a classy looking clock -- really dresses up a room with its sleek look and silver perimeter! Finally, it's a quartz movement clock and quite accurate. What more would you want in a wall clock?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service!, August 10, 2011
Susan Y. (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
Living in a studio apartment in an expensive metropolitan city, you don't get much space - and it is difficult to sleep when you hear the clock tick each second. I needed a clock with a quiet sweep second hand - and I wasn't really into the idea of periodically checking my phone for the time each time. This is a good looking clock with a modern look that compliment both my contemporary and traditional furniture/decor. The clock does not tick, instead the second hand glides nicely. Within five months however, the clock did not operating properly. I replaced the battery several times (even bought new ones) and the clock will work for one hour to one day and then the second-hand will struggle to move. I contacted the company and the customer representative was professional and helpful. Since the solution was not resolved with battery replacement, it was likely a manufacture defect. I was extremely pleased with the customer service and the manner in which this was handled promptly. Thank you Gallery of World Accents...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Quiet Clock!, December 23, 2011
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
I wanted a wall clock for my master bath - and in particular one that wouldn't keep me AND my kids awake at night. And this clock has been perfect!

I originally bought a clock for under $5, but the ticking kept me awake and when my kids woke in the night they heard it and it freaked them out. After a little research I settled on this one and I am very pleased with it. It looks great, is as quiet as can be, and solved all of our needs. The kids are amazed at the sweeping second hand - the love how it just floats around. And I love the quiet!

This is a great clock and I would gladly get another if the need arises.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., August 24, 2012
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
I've read a number of negative reviews stating this product fails quickly. My unit, however, is working fine so far (a month old). I bought it because I wanted a clock with a quiet movement that looks stylish in a subtle way. I've avoided analog battery clocks for years, having tired of the annoying clicking sound they make, which makes it hard for me to concentrate or sleep. Having a young son who needs to learn to tell time, I decided to find a nice analog clock for our home. This clock is extremely quiet -- unless I put my ear within a foot of it, it's inaudible. The smoothly moving sweep second hand is really nice to see - it's actually relaxing to watch it glide around and around.

The clock looks very nice - stylish and not cheap looking. The front appears to be real glass. The hands are metal. The rest is plastic. The movement is made by Seiko (zero jewels, made in china). It uses a single AA battery, included. It is easy to read from an angle and in dim light, even across a room. The packaging was impressive - the clock came in an attractive teal cardboard box with a flip up lid; inside, the product was well covered with foam for protection.

If the movement does fail, I see there are affordable seiko-made movements available from internet resellers that provide an option other than replacing the entire clock. However, mine is humming along smoothly for now, and hopefully that won't be necessary. So far, I'm a happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Quiet Wall Clock, April 26, 2011
A. M. Ball (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
I had previously purchased another wall clock which was incredibly loud (it woke me up at night!). I searched online for reviews of a SILENT wall clock and tried this one. I can vouch that this one is in fact completely silent. There are NO sounds what-so-ever. No ticking, no clicking, no anything. I don't think they tell you the dimensions anywhere in the description- it's about 13 inches by 13 inches. I looks nice, doesn't look cheap, it's light and I'm glad I got it! Would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking clock, and it doesn't make a sound., August 14, 2013
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
I really like this wall clock. It matches perfectly with our living room decor, and it is the perfect size. I also like the fact that the seconds hand doesn't tick; It makes a smooth, continuous movement and it doesn't make a sound. I've had it for about a week now and it's kept accurate time. I definetely recommend this item. (I gave it 4 stars because although I think the clock is great for what it is, I would've been more comfortable paying $20 - $25 (since it is a plastic clock) instead of the $36 I paid)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quieter than a Mouse, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
This clock satisfies our need to have a silent, but easily readable analog dial clock with a second hand. The second hand sweep (and all clock movement) is completely silent to our ears.

When mounted, the silver clock frame sits about an inch off the wall surface, so if you have a ceiling mounted spotlight just above the clock, you will have some additional shadows. This is not an issue in our mounting situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally silent as advertised, August 5, 2012
This review is from: Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand
This is actually a pretty nice clock. Even though it's plastic, it looks like it's metal. It doesn't make a sound in my bedroom at night. The sweep second hand is exactly that. It does not "tick" around the dial like most clocks. It sweeps a smooth, continuous motion around the clock. So far, it's keeping good time.

Silver Quartz Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Second Hand