Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Silver
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on March 14, 2012
Another great read by Brian January. Like his previous publication, emerald, I read this in a single sitting. What can I say - I was captivated and couldn't wait to see how the plot resolved. As I said in my review of Emerald, if you like Tom Clancy or Clive Cussler, you will enjoy this author.
on March 18, 2012
I liked Silver even more than Emerald. It was a little shorter and much faster of a read I thought. Again, I couldn't put it down! When is the next book coming, Brian?
on November 19, 2012
This is the second in the Skarda/April series and, I must admit, I liked Emerald better than Silver. They are both real "page turners" BUT Silver had a couple of drawbacks - for me. When Nathaniel, the archeologist, came on the scene, too much time was spent on trying to tie all the ancient myths, gods and goddesses together. It was as if the author was just trying to fill up space in the story! After that, the story moved along very well and most of the mythological stuff was never mentioned again. Also, there was just a little too much detail about all the killings and the accompanying gore - for me. I felt detailed descriptions of body parts sailing through the air, etc. wasn't really necessary to advance the story or put pictures in the minds of readers. Overall, it was a good book and I look forward to reading Diamond.(Hopefully, it will have a little less blood, gore and guts!)
on February 26, 2012
As a fan of archealogical adventures I found Silver to be in equal ranks with my favorite authors, James Rollins and Clive Cussler. I cannot wait for Brian january to produce more novels. His characters were well thought out and well developed as was the plot. I let a lot of housework go for the few hours it took me to read this novel and it went everywhere with me. So much has been written about the continent of Atlantis but Brian January did it in a truly believable way.
on March 14, 2012
Brian January has a knack for creating great and believable action scenes. He paints a detailed picture that is interesting and piques your imagination. He continues to develope his characters,Skarda and April,from his book Emerald. I look forward to his next effort and hope to see more of April and Skarda.The book is a quick read and great for action junkies.
on September 21, 2012
I thought this story would make some sense as the trial version indicated. However, it got worse and
seemed to take some ideas from other books I had read in the past. Sorry, but this was "Unbelievable".
on November 6, 2012
Silver is the third Brian January book I've read (I guess I read them out of order, but that's O.K.), and I've found them all to be excellent and very fun and exciting to read. As usual, I couldn't put this one down. It's what they call a page turner. In this one, Park and April are searching for a hoard of ancient Minoan silver that has implications for modern technology. I really liked the locations (Crete, Cyprus) and as usual I always learn interesting tidbits of information. Obviously the author does an enormous amount of research about history and technology and weaves it into his plots. Clever plotting as usual, excellent writing style, with lots of danger, excitement, and twists and turns that seem to be the hallmark of all his books. One thing that I do appreciate is that these aren't the typical "the bad guys shoot and never hit anyone and the good guys can't miss" type of books. Park and April always get wounded (sometimes seriously), wind up in the hospital, etc. Anyone who likes action-adventure thrillers and likes to be transported away for a few hours should read his books!
on August 27, 2012
You have to suspend your disbelief in order to enjoy the novella. Yah the fight scenes are unbelievable, the bad guy proto-typical, and the heroes right up there with a comic book movie rendition but I liked it.....just don't tell anyone!!
on August 10, 2012
I've read Emerald and I am almost through Silver. While Silver is a much better read, I don't know if I'll read any future books featuring this odd duo. Park Skarda's character really bothers me- he's part of this elite group, yet is scared of driving, is claustrophobic and any time he gets in a pinch, he relies on "super woman" April to save the day. I love a strong female character, but April is pretty much an emotionless robot. And then to top it off, Skarda is a multi-millionaire with no problem shelling out money for multiple exotic cars and homes that are ultimately blown up. He goes into such detail with the brands of products, on everything from guns, wines to cars, that it reminds me of product placement kickbacks on television. I could go on and on, but unlike everyone else that has read this, I found the whole thing very unbelievable. I mean really- 36 hours to find a treasure that's been hidden for thousands of years, but a pretty eyed, hunky archaeologist can find it based on some minimal clues?? The price was great, but I can't recommend this read.
on April 29, 2012
Awesome book! Brian January-my new favorite author. Read this book in 5 hours! Hard to put down:). You will not be disappointed:)