Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 5, 2010
I purchased these screw drivers on March first and they were at my door by March 3rd. Fast shipping and I received a very small bitted precision phillips head screw driver and a tri-wing screw driver.

Purpose: I bought these because I needed a tri-wing to replace my Wii DVD drive.

Background: I'm a computer geek so I've ripped apart literally hundreds of laptops and am used to precision tools. (I worked for a computer company and was certified on all IBM, Toshiba, HP, and Dell laptops

Now, these 2 tools will work perfectly to remove the case from your Wii. The issue that everyone has complained about is when they use the tri-wing screw driver on the 4 screws that hold the dvd drive in place. These 4 screws are torqued down very tight to prevent the dvd drive from vibrating them loose and causing damage. I used a small magnetized flat head screw driver to remove these. In my experience, phillips head screws always strip when they are torqued down tightly. Using a flat head works much better for removing. It also gives you 2 chances to remove the screws if they start to strip. Magnetizing your flat head will make it much easier to put the screws back in. Just a regular refrigerator magnet swiped across the blade a few times will do the trick. I used these instructions before taking apart my Wii: [...]

Quality: These are better than my companion tools. Are they perfect? No. I never expect precision screw drivers to last. They get lost, broken, or altered all the time.

Summary: The low rating is mostly from people who used the tri-head on the dvd drive screws. Follow my lead and use a flat head on those screws and you will be just fine.
on January 29, 2009
These screwdrivers don't cost much, but allow to inspect your Nintendo DS Lite or whatever savely. They save you sending in your DS for simple things as small dirt or bent switches.
TIP: goto youTube and search for DS repair videos. There are some instructional videos that help disassemble and assemble your DS without trying and without applying force, very important.
on November 6, 2009
By the time I got to the third tri-wing screw, the screwdriver was stripped to uselessness. Nintendo tightens screws very tightly, and this can't deal with the torque required. Buy something else.
on July 22, 2009
Silverhill Nintendo Screwdriver Set for Wii, DS Lite, Wiimote, etc.

Toddler inserted a toy disc into the wii! :O Had to open the wii to remove it and these drivers worked perfectly. I almost didn't get this set because it had a Phillips head driver and I already had some but as it turned out, the Phillips included is the size i needed and did not have. If you need to get into your wii, etc, get this set!

and keep your wii away from toddlers! :D
on March 15, 2015
Perfect for working on Nintendo Systems. I used it to crack open a Gameboy (DMG-001), and these drivers worked perfectly. Note, you will still need a small to standard sized phillips head screwdriver in addition to these to work on most Nintendo products.
on June 25, 2015
The good: these are absolutely needed for working on WII units and the carry case helps to keep them together. They worked for me while changing out 5 DVD drives for us and friends.

The bad: yes, the metal is a little weak, especially if you are working on a screw that is really stuck. That said, I don't personally rail against this since these tips are very small and small tips are notoriously weak anyways. A second item that was not great was that the tools are not labeled, and the colors really don't do any good. So you'll have to squint to figure out which tool you are using.

All in all, these got the job done and saved me the money/hassle/time of having to send some WII's into the official offices for repair.
on December 9, 2011
When a Nintendo DS stopped powering up after a drop on a hard surface, I had to get the tri-wing screwdriver to open it up. After reading the reviews of a few available options, I chose this one, as it provided a couple other screwdrivers for small screws as well and promised to work for the NDS. NDS was repaired one afternoon, and then I continue to find uses for the other screwdrivers as well - point&shoot digital cameras, calculators, etc.

Keep in mind that you have to be gentle with the screws of the dimension commonly found on small electronic gadgets, otherwise there is a chance that you would end up stripped heads and devices that refuse to open. The screwdrivers came out unscathed from these couple of encounters and the devices, likewise.

It is hard to understand why others have had issues with this set. It is well-made, does its job and is not actually a 'once only' tool. I particularly liked the fact that turning the screws is made easy with the screwdriver heads allowing for movement. The carrying case is a good thought to keep them all in one place.
on December 16, 2013
I'm not going to glorify these, these are more or less exactly what they say. a 1.5 tri-wing, a 3.0 tri-wing, and a #0 phillips. The quality is good enough for the price, and the carrying pouch is nice to have. There seems to be a middle size tri-wing missing, but i'll get into that in a moment. I notice many of the reviews are complaining about how the "single" tri-wing they received was too wimpy to tackle any screws that are torqued down, and i think that the product has changed significantly since those reviews. What is now advertised (also what i received) is 3 screwdrivers and a carry pouch. The 3.0 tri-wing is clearly meant to be the brute, meant to do the majority of the work while the 1.5 is meant to deal with the few smaller ones you'll find. They don't seem too weak, the metal isn't too soft but the plating seems cheap. The spin knobs definitely do help hold more downward force, which resists cam-out, and both the phillips and the tri-wing screw are known to have a inherent problem with cam-out. I like these well enough, the colors of the knobs don't make any sense to me but over time i'll be able to tell them apart no problem so that's a good feature.

Now, on to the missing size. There is a size of tri-wing known as "x50" and it seems to be more or less a cross between the two. It has the fine point of the 1.5 tri-wing in this kit but it also has long stout wings like a smaller version of the 3.0 triwing also in this kit. This size more or less completes the set, and i find that among these sizes, i can't find a precision tri-wing screw that i can't find a fit for. Now, i myself bought 5 of this "x50" and they fit inside the case with the ones in this set beautifully. I find that the "x50" is the all around fit for everything, and then the few that are small i have the "1.5" and those large stiff ones i have the "3.0". Then when i encounter the rare phillips in one of these products, well there's one of those too.

To summarize, this set is pretty cool in it's own right, and it's a shame they didn't throw in an "x-50" and charge another $1.50 for the set, but it is complimented well with one or a few of the "x50" size tri-wing screwdrivers. I look at the two sets together in the one case and it's a nice very complete set of tri-wings for under $14.
on March 7, 2014
This is a great product, and anyone who says it isn't probably doesn't know what they are doing. I was able to take apart my Wiimotes and clean the inside with ease (gf spilled soda on them all and had gotten the buttons all sticky) These screwdrivers worked like a charm, no hiccups whatsoever. They come with a nice little pouch to keep them organized, and the drivers themselves seem to be good quality, especially for the little jobs of which they were intended to be used.

If you're worried these screwdrivers will strip or break then just ask yourself one question, "Can I use a screwdriver properly?" If the answer is "yes" then you shouldn't have a problem. Some reviews say that these strip on the first usage. I really don't see how anyone could manage that unless they just really didn't know how to use a basic screwdriver. In those cases I would blame the operator and not the tool.

In short, works perfectly. Just buy them and ignore the negative reviews. Some people should just not own or use tools.
on May 3, 2012
I had to replace the trackpad on a MacBook and I was having difficulty finding the correct try-wing screws. I was looking for try-wing y0 and y1. This set comes with y0, y1, and a philips which are all perfect for opening a Macbook and replacing the trackpad. So you can save yourself ~$15 bucks if you buy this vs the individual ones from ifixit.