Microsoft .NET architect evangelist Jit Ghosh presents a practical companion guide to developing rich, interactive web applications with Silverlight 2. Common problems, issues, and everyday scenarios are tackled with a detailed discussion of the solution and readymade code recipes that will save you hours of coding time.
The recipes included in Silverlight 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach have been carefully selected and tested with the professional developer in mind. Youll find clearly and succinctly stated problems, wellarchitected solutions, and ample discussion of the code and context so you can see immediately how the solution will support your project.
Enjoy practical coverage of Silverlight development in many projects and contexts, including
- Designing complete, rich, interactive user experiences
- Manipulating content and the runtime environment through the Silverlight Plugin Runtime API
- Consuming, transforming, and displaying content in your Silverlight web application through XML, LINQbased data access, and isolated storage
- Building custom controls for your Silverlight project
- Integrating rich media, including audio and video, to create a very dynamic user interface and experience
- Using new Silverlight 2 features, including .NET Framework integration, the use of dynamic languages like Python and Ruby in Silverlight development, and digital rights management support
Find instant solutions, comprehensive Silverlight 2 coverage, and timesaving expert advice, all in Silverlight 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach.
What youll learn
- Working with fundamental aspects of the Silverlight and XAML programming model
- Designing Silverlight user experiences
- Using and changing the Silverlight runtime environment
- Manipulating and taking advantage of browser DOM integration
- Solutions to custom networking and communication scenarios, including messaging and web service integration
- Working with structured data and storage, including using LINQ to access data
- Developing custom controls
- Integrating rich media into your Silverlight application
Who this book is for
Silverlight 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach is for every Silverlight developer. The book covers all aspects of Microsoft Silverlight including the programming model, browser integration, integration with serverside technologies such as web services, and specific sections on rich media integration. All developers and architects looking for a .NETbased platform to deliver rich interactivity and media to their consumers, with deep integration with the rest of their technology stack, will find Silverlight 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach a musthave guide.