4.0 out of 5 stars SimCity 3000 vs. SimCity 4
After playing SimCity 4 for several months (anxiously awaited, bought the expansion as soon as it came out), I decided to go back to SimCity 3000 Unlimited just for the heck of it.

While it may not have the sophistication technically of SimCity 4, and the graphics are not as pseudorealistic as SC4, I have to say that there are a lot of things that Unlimited had...
Published on July 6, 2005 by Alain Moreau

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of little changes don't make a big one
I played SimCity 2000 and loved it; the only major downs of that game were the fact that you can't build on hills (or should I call them "cliffs"?) and if you have a diagonal road, the buildings don't come up to the edge of it, as real buildings would. Nevertheless, I found the game rather entertaining and challenging.
So I figured, when I bought SimCity...
Published on November 18, 2000 by Timothy J. Joko-Veltman

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A big step up from the original(and even from 2000!), September 17, 2001
Videogamer1416 "storynathan" (Williamston, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
This game is really cool! Here's all the features of Sim City 3000 Unlimited that Sim City 3000 didn't include: It includes 4 new disasters which are Whirpools,Toxic Waste Clouds,falling space ships, and locusts,you can make you're own buildings and scenarios,improved graphics,you can make as many landmarks as you want and there new ones,Plus at least one new reward building. if you're a Sim City 2000 fan that didn't buy sim City 3000 cause it wasn't much different from 2000 then you should go with this one since it's a lot more up to date and realilistic than Sim City classic and 2000. P.S. Sim City 3000 Unlimited also includes scenarios that 3000 dosn't that are a little more complex than those of The original Sim city and sim city 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars SimCity 3000 Unlimited - Unlimited Building Possibilities, November 5, 2001
Julius Yang (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
SimCity 3000 Unlimited is one of the few games that I really love to play over and over again. It enables the player to build the city of their dreams utilizing famous real-life city landmarks and buildings. You may use these buildings and incorporate them into your dream city. The game can also be upgraded from the Maxis downloads page where players can download new building landmarks, download player custom built buildings, or to simply create their own stylish building to add into their cities. The graphics are great and the buildings are each detailed. You can now zoom in 3 times as close than before with SimCity 2000. Cars and people are easily noticeable at such zoom magnifications. The only problems I experienced when playing this game was that even with a killer computer system and over 1 gig of memory, the gameplay seems to lag when you scroll through a large city that you built. I believe this may be true in all Maxis games that involves building Sims or large populations such as cities and theme parks. Nonetheless, this game is still considered a favorite among other games I have in my library of games.
Gameplay = 9/10
Graphics = 7/10
Sound = 8/10
Value = 8/10

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Game Built on Sound Planning Principals, May 28, 2000
R. Tomlin "waukegan" (Waukegan, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
I first used the SimCity software almost ten years ago while pursuing a masters degree in urban planning and policy. The software was useful as a foundation for a simple, but fun class project. At the time, SimCity was relatively new and basic in its graphics and detail.
Well, the software has come a long way since that time. It is still useful in getting students interested in studying, or at least understanding, the underlying logic (or, sometimes, lack of logic) that is at work shaping the cities and towns in which we live.Some of the features seem a bit frivolous, but do serve to maintain the interest of even the shortest of attention spans.
Since I first played this game several years ago, I have gone on to become a professional city planner. Where the game was once a useful tool in learning the art of the trade, it is now a useful escape to an environment where I have the opportunity to positively shape a simulated urban environment. Not bad for those days,weeks or even months where it seems that things aren't moving fast enough in the real world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, but you'd better have a fast computer., August 11, 2000
Paul Bobbitt (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
I adore SimCity 3000, but I have to admit it can be a frustrating experience on a slower machine. I have a Pentium 233MMX, which admittedly is old, but still well within the System Requirements stated by Electronic Arts. Unfortunately, even with all the animations and processor-hogging options turned off, the game still runs slowly as the city expands. I'm sure it's great on a PII or faster, but sadly the old Pentiums just don't cut it. If you've got a faster machine you'll love it, but people with older machines might want to stick with older versions of SimCity until they upgrade.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but get 3,000 regular, November 30, 2002
Spock Marvin (South Pasadena, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
Well, you just ordered it off of Amazon.com, it came in the mail today, and ten minutes ago you put the Sim City 3000 Unlimited Into your disk drive. Arcitect Plus? What's that? Who cares? You start to play the game. The amazing graphics stun you when you start. This is nothing like 2000.You sit, starring into your computer screen, experementing, and abussing the trust your people have in you. After about five hours your eyes are to sore from playing, and you save your game and quit. This cycle continues for a week. And at school, you fing yourself day dreaming about the games possibilitys.
That's me. And belive me I know what I'm talking about. I must of played Sim City 3000 Unlim. For at least 500 hours now. And when my science teacher asked me if I would be an aid for her summer school class that was about playing Sim City 3000 Unlimited, I jumped at the chance. However, we ended up ussing reagular 3000. And that is the problem with 3000 Unlimited There is a very small difference between 3000, and 3000 Unlimited.
So save yourself a few bucks, and get regular Sim City 3000.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, December 30, 2001
A Kid's Review
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
Before recieving this game for Christmas, I read dueling reviews on how this program responds to a particular computer. I personally have no problem with the speed. It's really fast on my 368mb ram, 1.3 ghz., windows xp computer. I've encountered no problems with it. This program is so much fun. its easier to control than simcity 2000 because there are advisors that tell you the problem. I also think that the graphics are a whole lot better. You can actually see what is going on. Even though I have had trouble mking my needed money, I think that this is a challenging game and you need to think globally in order to make the best decisons for what to do with the money you have. I also think that its really cool to build landmarks, like I built a world trade center memorial, the eiffel tower, the united nations and the bank of china in one city. If you like designing and running a city, this is a great game for you. I would recommend that your processor is rather fast, however, so you don't encounter problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Minor Flaw, Major Perfection, August 7, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
I recently bought Sim City 3000 Unlimited and have been very impressed with everything about it. The graphics aren't as good as SC4, but this game is not as boring, and the graphics are great for a sim game.
There is one flaw that gets a little bit annoying and that would be that even with the newest systems, if your city gets to large the game will start to run slowly, and in the case of my computer it will close out all together and give you an error messege that there was not enough virtual memory (whatever that is) to run the game. It takes a lot of it on any computer.
The best thing in this game is how you have the power to do anything you want, (hence the name unlimited). The building architect program included is a great feature when you want a certain kind of building in your town that you don't already have.
I strongly suggest this game for any Sim City Fans like me, but beware of the large city flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-balanced, works on a modest computer, September 4, 2006
Maxim Masiutin (Chisinau, Republic of Moldova) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
This is a good, well-balanced game. Start building your city little by little. Build a power plant, small-density residential, commercial and industrial zone, water pipes, that's it. Use the cheapest streets. Every other square in a residential and commercial are should have a bus stop. Of course, bus stops cost money, but it will save you from traffic congestions, and you won't need to invest in expensive roads and motorways. Click on the bus stops and watch the number of passengers, if it's low, demolish it.

Watch your cash flow and the other maps gradually. As soon as you have small but solid cash flow, expand your city gradually. Only add money-eating facilities like fire station, police, education and health care when there is absolute need in it. Expand extensively: cover large areas with low-quality low-density zones.

When you have enough money, move to high-tech industry which have no pollution. To do that, you need highly-educated workforce. Build schools, colleges, museums, and libraries. But watch carefully the number of attendees: only build a schools when the old are overwhelmed. So with health care.

Sooner or later you will be offered federal objects like a mega-market, military base or waste disposal. Accept them all, it will bring you mega-cash-flow that will allow you to significantly improve your city facilities.

Also don't forget to make money by selling power to the neighbors: make connections to them with roads and power lines.

This game is very well-balanced, unlike SimCity 4 Rush Hour. I highly recommend SimCity 3000, be it Unlimited or other edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy SC3KU, keep SC3K, August 9, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
This new version is good, and its new features are cool, but it's not worth the money to buy a whole other game when you already have Sim City 3000, the Unlimited version is not much different, they could've done a lot more for the time they had to develop it. My verdict: If you have Sim City 3000, don't buy it, if you want to buy a Sim City 3000, buy Unlimited.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great game, when it works....., March 18, 2002
Edward "war02orc" (Mechanicville, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SimCity 3000 Unlimited (Video Game)
Sim City 3K Unlimited is definately a great game, but it doesn't work correctly on many systems. This is the only PC game I have ever encountered that my CD drives scratch just by using it (mind you I have no clue why. I excanged it twice already). It only works correctly running windows 95 or 98, none of the 2000 editions (ME, 2000, XP). If you are a fan of the Sim City Franchise, buy this game and make sure you have the reccommended requirements for best gameplay. Otherwise, I wouldn't reccommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

SimCity 3000 Unlimited
SimCity 3000 Unlimited by Electronic Arts (Windows 95 / 98)
Used & New from: $11.98