5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT for Italy!
Published on October 27, 2008 by E. ZICCARDI

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked, but plug was not tight, more than I needed
Published on August 9, 2009 by tomh

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT for Italy!, October 27, 2008
E. ZICCARDI (Brecksville, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sima SIP-3 Ultimate International Travel Adapter Plug Set (Personal Computers)
We purchased 2 of these nesting travel adapters and they worked perfectly for our trip to Italy. Helpful hint: Plug your cord into the adapter and then plug the adapter into the wall. When unplugging your device, unplug the adapter from the wall and then your device from the adapter. GREAT price and quick shipping plus excellent quality. Loved the nesting feature and I would recommend this to a friend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked, but plug was not tight, more than I needed, August 9, 2009
tomh (Newton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Having returned from our vacation to Europe, I have enough experience to understand what you do (and do not) need for power when traveling. Almost all electronics (computers, phones, chargers, etc.) are designed to handle either 110V (US) or 220V (Most other places). The device will be marked, near the plug, with the volate it can handle. Tor this purpose, all you need is an "adapter" such as this one, that fits in the foreign socket and accepts your plug style.

In my case (American using electronics in Europe) I didn't need two thirds of the parts of this adapter. And the one piece I did need seems to be able to accept several other plug styles than the American ones I had, but in being a "one size fits all" they did a poor job, and my plugs would consistently fall out of the adapter. I could usually make it stay in place, but it was a pain. Had I known, I would have bought a simple US to European adapter and been all set.

Two other things I learned as I sorted this out:

You would only need a voltage "converter" if you wanted to use other things -- appliances (notably: hair dryers, and in which case if they don't have one where you're staying, it's probably just as cheap to buy one!).

Bring a regular extension cord -- we had several digital cameras, phones, and a laptop with us, so I ended up being, eh hem, in charge of charging. Being able to plug in a couple or three things at once was handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked in Nairobi Kenya!, August 25, 2008
S. Parker (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for use in Nairobi and it worked just fine with my hair dryer and digital camera battery charger. It can be a little hard to get the US plug into the adapter. I suggest putting the plug into the adapter before plugging the adapter into the wall.

I haven't tried my phone or computer with it though.

Side Note: This is an adapter only, not a converter. Anything you plug into it needs to be able to handle the power current of the country you're in.

5.0 out of 5 stars It accepts grounded plugs, May 16, 2010
The photos of these adapters are all from the side, and when I bought it, I wasn't sure if it accepted grounded (3-prong) plugs. It does. It is nice how small these are. If you don't need a voltage converter, these are the way to go. They are so much smaller and lighter.

Update: These adapters can be loose at times. They are also quite large. I ended up also getting some really small adapters for my trip to Australia, and I used those the most. Lenmar AC5 World Travel Adapter Plug Set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, even in Italy!, April 13, 2009
I bought one of these on my trip to Madrid, Barcelona, Rome and Amsterdam. It was awesome. I also took another EU power converter and it would not work in my hotel in Rome, but this one did. I charged my laptop, mobile phone and digital camera battery. Worked so well I have ordered a second for my trip back to Europe this summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars great - easy to use, June 26, 2007
Meg "Meg" (Columbus, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
these adapters were simple and easy to use. i previously had one of the "all in one" adapters and had a problem with it not working but these are great and very straight forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly in France and Germany, September 5, 2009
I bought this adapter for my recent trip to Germany. When the adapter arrived, it came with all three adapters plugged together to form a cylinder, which is great for easy packing. I liked having all three adapters because I wasn't sure which one we would need in France. It turns out you need the same two pronged one as the one for Germany. It worked perfectly. I used it for my 220v curling iron, phone charger, laptop, camera battery charger. I would highly recommend.
I want to emphasize that this is an adapter, NOT CONVERTER! When traveling to Germany/ France, you can only use 110- 220v appliances. Most battery chargers, computer plugs, are 110-220v. It will say on the plug. If the plug does not specify, don't use it with a simple adapter. The adapter only changes the plug type. A converter changes the flow of electricity. Using a 110v device and simply putting an adapter on it and plugging the device into a 220v outlet will cause it to blow up. But if you need an adapter, this one was convenient and very user friendly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well and stacks together nicely, December 29, 2009
Jeff K (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I'm on the road about 20% of the time, mostly to international destinations, so I'm always on the lookout for travel gadgets that are easy to carry around. I had seen a version of this adapter in the Novotel Hong Kong and finally found it here.

The plugs nestle together nicely (the stock picture doesn't do it justice), although I'm a bit concerned about the long term quality given that it's plastic and I tend to have a lot of things jammed in my shoulder bag. It's easy to tell if you've left an adapter behind because you'd notice the stack wouldn't be complete.

I've used this successfully in Asia (Hong Kong, Taiwan and mainland China), as well as Australia. Yes, there is an adapter for Australia, you have to turn the prongs on the US adapter to fit the Oz electrical outlets, but it only takes 2 seconds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Travel, but a little flimsy, January 26, 2009
I purchased this product to prepare for an around-the-world-business trip last year. I used it without incident in England, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman and Hong Kong. It was so indispensable for my trip, that I can't imagine traveling abroad without it. I bring it on every international trip I take electronic devices.

It's compact design makes it easy to store in my backpack or laptop case. But it's construction feels slightly flimsy. No matter, I still recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, January 27, 2010
As I live in Europe and occasionally visit the US, I was looking for a useful combined plug adapter that I can use to both charge my European devices in the US, and to charge my new laptop (that I bought from the US) in Europe.

Fortunately, I chose the Sima SIP-3 Ultimate International Travel Adapter Plug Set and I don't regret my purchase. It is truly universal: you can easily convert any plug standard to any other. What is more, the plug set tuned out to be of rather high quality (I expected something worse because a lot of people complain about similar adapters of poor quality).

To be honest, the third piece of the plug set has been useless for me yet because I have never been in Asia. Still, it might turn out useful at some point in the future.

Rate and Discover Movies