Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Simbans (TM) SX2W 10 Inch Tablet PC - Quad Core, 1GB, 8GB, Google Android 4.4 KitKat, HD Screen, Bluetooth- Thin, Light and Powerful Model
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

This Simbans SX2W is a great deal for a 10.1 inch tablet, especially a quad core. (Quad Core A31s Cortex A8 1.6GHz/Core processor). Websites load quickly and the 1024x 600 resolution and bright screen and colors are great for web browsing. It has 8 GB NAND FLASH storage and there's a slot for a 32 GB micro SD card in case you want to add one to upgrade the memory. The tablet is thin and sleek and looks great in the white color. I'm adding a video so you can see it from the side for a better idea of the way it looks.

This I s my first experience with the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS and I'm really liking it so far. It's intuitive and easy to navigate. It comes loaded with the Google Play store with all kinds of games and apps that you can download, many of them for free. I downloaded the Photon Flash Player and Browser to use when viewing sites that use flash (like Amazon). It works very well and the flash videos play very smoothly. Youtube videos also play very well. I also downloaded Firefox for Android, just to try it. I like it and it's very fast but that one doesn't have flash. This tablet has WiFi which was able to find my home network right away and after putting in the password, connected promptly. It also has Bluetooth and connects easily to a couple of portable Bluetooth speakers that I tried it with and with Bluetooth earphones. The tablet has HDMI out so it could be connected to a TV.

The speaker is in the back so it can be a little hard to hear. The highest volume isn't super loud which doesn't help. So I listen with earphones and there is more than enough volume with them. It comes with a set of basic in-ear earphones which sound fine, but I have some of my own that are more comfortable and sound better. I downloaded the Amazon Cloud Music Player and stream all my playlists from their cloud.

The tablet has a 0.3M front facing camera and 2.0M back facing camera I'll add some photos to the video so you can get an idea of the quality. Not as good as most smartphone cameras but it does fine in a pinch. It can also record video.

Since this is a new Simbans tablet, I had to do a lot of searching for a case that would fit. I finally came up with two. This is the one I like the best because it doesn't add a lot of extra bulk to the tablet but still offers some protection: SUNYEE (TM) Universal 10-inch Faux leather Folio Stand Flip Protection Guard carrying Case Cover with magnet button For 10-inch Android Tablet PC (SUNYEE Blue). I'll be posting a review on the cover's site if you need more details. The only downsides are that it doesn't have openings for the camera or speaker so you have to remove it when using them and closing the cover doesn't put the tablet to sleep. The other case is one that's good when traveling. It's bulkier but has some nice details. Aleratec Premium Universal Tablet 8.9-10.1 inch Leather Portfolio Business Carrying Case Brown. I posted a video review of this tablet in that case as well.

I was provided with a sample for testing and review by Simbans.
22 comments|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2015
Easy to use! Bought it so I could Skype with my Grandson. The screen is incredibly clear. My only concern is that it seems to get quite hot quickly. I purchased two different types of holders because it seems delicate. But, I have to take them off after about an hour because of the heat factor.
on July 10, 2014
Almost five start. The speakers really suck. Headphones suck too. OK, that was my only complaint. On to the good stuff.

Really fast response time. Almost full stock Android. It does charge over USB! HDMI out, bluetooth, and an easily accessible memory expansion port!
I will try rooting it tonight, but since it is so close to stock, I don't see much of a problem. I will post the results here.
Netflix looks great. (Sound sucks)
Facebook, messanger, Skype are all lightning fast. I played a tower defense game that I got for my Samsung. It ran fast and smooth. I haven't tried any 3D stuff yet, but I will let you know how that goes too.
33 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2014
Great value!! Knocked one star off because the sound quality is bad. Internal speaker blows. I, however, use headphones with my tablet most of the time, and that makes the sound a bit better, but not much. I have had hp slate tablets and also galaxy tablets, and this one would hold its own against either one, at a quarter of the price! Glad I took a chance on this tablet....so worth it!
on March 22, 2015
So, I am editing my review because I have returned the first tablet approximately six months after we bought it because it was freezing up, all the ports were too loose to use, and they replaced it no questions asked! Thanks! Now second tablet in, approximately another six,seven months the tablet will not even come on at all, (unless) the power cord is plugged in, then, it just comes on all by its self, again, all ports will barely work, and it's not due to misuse, it is put on the charger, laced on the desk, and left alone until charged. I do not have money for my kids not to appreciate their things, a nd they know that! I personally think that the way the tablets get so hot, which we read about in the beginning from another buyer may have something to do with it. I am very unhappy, because now, it's probably out of warranty, and not our fault at all. No one should be replacing a Tablet PC as they call it, every six months or do! Who has money for that??? NOT ME!!! Be careful buying!!

Gift for our daughters birthday, almost a year old, still working great. We also got her the keyboard that attaches to it, and now it's like she has a mini computer. Great buy!
on October 9, 2014
Great tablet for the money...works fine and is very fast...I have had no problem connecting to my home Wi-Fi...it connected to Google to download Apps. fine...I do not use the Apps much but I do use the browser all the time and have had no problems with any site that I go to...it is well worth the money for someone that wants to have access to the internet from just about anywhere that has Wi-Fi which is a lot of places now days...even our little mall here is town has a sign on the door free Wi-Fi...
on August 6, 2014
Very nice Android tablet, runs all of the apps I need. Having difficulty finding a case that has the correct holes for the backside camera. But other than that, I would recommend this tablet.
on October 29, 2014
Bought for the wife, she loves it, problem is she spends to much time on it while other things are not getting done!
on March 1, 2015
best investment I've made in a long time, this device is awesomethe downloading speed is faster than my android tablet, also be graphics are fantastic.and the support for this device is second to none 5 stars to the support team!
on March 7, 2015
Works great, a little slow, but my kids love them. Battery life is very good, the cameras do not take good/clear pictures, front or back. Fairly durable. Very easy to set up, I am not tech savvy and did fine.