Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Outdoors Gift Guide on bgg

on August 27, 2015
One of the cans of formula we received expires in 4 days... Not impressed. Expires Sep 1 2015, received on Aug 27, 2015.
review image
on November 23, 2010
I've used Nutramigen and Alimentum on my daughter who has been soy/dairy intolerant since she was born. Because of how expensive this type of formula is, I tend to just buy whatever brand is on sale. Typically though, Alimentum is much more economical. For a few bucks more per can, you get more powder and you need to use less powder per oz of water. My only issue with the Alimentum is that it doesn't mix quite as well as Nutramigen and it also stinks more (and Nutramigen already smells a lot). My daughter doesn't seem to mind the difference though, which is great.
on May 3, 2012
This is the only milk we use to supplement while breastfeeding.
Baby tolerates it just fine. When other times i have used cheaper formula, the baby used to spit it up and weird looking stains would form on the babies clothes. This is very similar to breast milk in consistency.
The plus with this order is that it shipped right away and i had the formula the next day.
Seller(prestige deals) did not make me wait for 10 days just like amazon does if you refuse to pay for prime membership.
excellent service and so much cheaper than the stores.
on November 8, 2007
Okay... first I will give you my history, my daughter was born at 36 weeks and put on regular Similac Advance, she puked like a marathon puker at the hospital before they put her on the Similac Sensitive (lactose free) that helped. At about 2 weeks, vomitting again, but only about once or twice a day. It was pretty projectile and I worried about the anatomy of her digestive system. After an upper GI we learned that all was well, but that she did have reflux. After the reglan, she was still vomitting pretty agressively so I mentioned the formula. My dr. agreed that trying Alimentum would be a good thing - well, she is now almost 4 months and NO MORE PROJECTILE VOMITTING!!! I am thrilled to not have to worry about that anymore. The formula is stinky, but oh well... my baby is comfy! Recently, my daughter has been getting hungry more often (still drinking 4 - 5 oz every 4 hrs) and the dr suggested I try her on Similac Organic so that she can maybe be full enough to sleep thru the night. I am tempted but oh so scared!!! I know Alimentum is very thin and probably not filling her up, but it does her tummy good! I was very impressed with this product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2015
absolutely amazing stuff! We moved our onto this (reluctantly) after his GERD would not let up and he always seemed so fussy...three days on this and BOOM! New kid.. it was VERY expensive, but we got a much better deal ordering off Amazon..(which my husband found PRIME and it made it even better that it was shipped to our doorstep..and the savings) so...ours wasnt purchased from allergies, but we did suspect a dairy allergy..our son drinks milk with no issues..we just think this product really helped his digestive track in many ways while infant to one year.
on January 5, 2009
This formula works wonders! My son went through 4 different formulas before we found this life saver! It is broken down enough so it is easy for even the most sensitive tummies to digest. It is great for babies with colic or allergies to the protein in milk.

The downfalls to this formula are:

-Similac only makes the powder formula in the 16oz can which means you go through it faster and have to buy either multiple cans or keep running to the store once a week for it.

-Also it is a bit on the expensive side. It is more expensive than the regular formula and usually runs anywhere from 25-26.50 a can.

-It is very stinky and very sticky.

Although it has a few cons about it, if you have a baby with a sensitive digestive system this is definitely the best formula on the market! Our son is a happy camper thanks to Similac Alimentum!.
on May 30, 2015
My baby never had issues with the taste of formula before, but this one, she refused and cried, couldn't stomach it even when mixed with breastmilk. Also after just one hour it went rancid, when mixed with breastmilk, I tried drinking it and it stung my throat. Looking at the ingredients, it's different from the ready to feed version, maybe she hates corn syrup. Btw it tastes disgusting even when freshly made.
on February 25, 2014
Purchased these after having to purchase them at local stores from 29-33 plus tax and having to only purchase 2 at a time due to low stock. This is definitely a great price and all of the cans came with over 2 years left on shelf life and well packaged. Definitely a great deal, I was skeptical based on past reviews, but glad I made the leap on this phenomenal deal.
on August 30, 2015
We got 6 cans with no dents and expiration dates for next year. Our son has a milk allergy and he does not have any problems on this formula. We would order from here again but our insurance (NY Empire plan) covers it, check if your insurance does too!
on November 21, 2015
After a month of trying to breastfeed my baby and having issue after issue, I had to begin supplementing him with formula. We started off using Enfamil GentleEase and that made him very constipated, then switched to Enfamil Newborn before getting approved for WIC who had us switch to Similac Advanced. My poor baby had always been gassy but on the similac advanced it was extreme! His whole belly would balloon out and be rock hard. My poor baby was screaming for hours on end. My husband is deployed to Kuwait and it has been just me since Day 1 with our baby, so you can imagine how stressful this must have been for me! After a couple days I took him in to see the doctor, knowing something was not right. His pediatrician and I both were convinced he was just a colicky baby from gas pains but she suggested trying out this formula. In just 24 hours I saw a difference! It has now been 3 days and I have a brand new baby who sleeps, eats, poos, and repeats! No more screaming, no more extreme gas, and he is having regular bowel movements without too much straining. Although this is very expensive - it is worth it!! I have also found that he actually becomes full on less than he did before. On other formulas he isn't full until 4oz but on the Alimentum he is pretty milk drunk and sleepy by 2.5 to 3oz. He is also sleeping in longer chunks. Before he was sleeping only 2 hours before waking up and crying, now he will nap for 3-4 hour stretches and when he wakes up he is pleasant, not screaming his head off. Also, a note about WIC: They will approve this formula if you have your pediatrician send over a note! We also have Tricare and was told to have the ped send it in to them as a prescription to see if they would help offset the cost if WIC could only help for a portion. I am still waiting to hear back from Tricare & will update on their decision! Best of luck to anyone who tries this!