4.0 out of 5 stars Great food for tricky tummies!
When my son was born in July, I had every intention of breastfeeding for a full year. I wanted to be "that mom". You know the one: She breastfeeds, makes homemade baby food from veggies from the CSA, bakes the best gluten free chocolate chip cookies, and is wearing her pre-pregnancy clothes before leaving the hospital.

My experience with baby #2 can be...
Published 10 months ago by miss kris new york

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible
Published 2 months ago by x

4.0 out of 5 stars Great food for tricky tummies!, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Similac Total Comfort Baby Formula Powder, 12.6 Ounce (Packaging May Vary) (Health and Beauty)

My experience with baby #2 can be summed up in 4 letters. FAIL. By week #6, the little man was screaming 12 hours a day. I visited the pediatrician and received a diagnosis of allergic colitis. He recommended an elimination diet along with some medication to clear things up. After speaking with a dietician four weeks after eliminating dairy from my diet, I quickly realized I could not eliminate all the foods necessary to do a true elimination diet and stay sane. With my tail between my legs, I gave Similac Total Comfort a try.

While making my first bottle, I felt like the worst mother in the world... until he drank it. It was immediate. No more high pitched screams over a 1 hour feeding. He took 4 oz., burped, and fell asleep - for 3 hours! I wasn't convinced. But day after day after day he continued to eat, poop, sleep and eat again. I'm no longer scared when he wakes up from his naps. We have not experienced any constipation, however we are using a probiotic as recommended by the pediatrician.

This is a partially hydrolyzed protein formula with a corn maltodextrin base. I don't want this review to be a forum for a corn fight, so make this decision on your own. Gerber's base is whey, not corn, so if this is your bag, Similac is not the product for you.

Not all formula works for all babies, so this might not be the one that addresses your child's issues - but it's worth a shot. Breastfeeding is best, but if you can't live on a diet of rice and carrots, this product might work for you. My cookies are still lousy, the weight is not all gone and I couldn't breastfeed the way I wanted to, but my baby is happy and growing strong. In the end, that's the only thing that matters!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rough Start but Better..., May 25, 2013
My daughter is 5 weeks and was already switched 3 times. My pediatrician said to try Total Comfort and I also switched from Dr. Browns to Similac Bottles. She was on Advance and Sensitive before. It took a few days for her to adjust. She seemed to get worse before getting better but now, she is like a new baby! I can finally relax a little.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for fussy baby, July 10, 2014
My son was a preemie born at 27 weeks. Once he came home he was on breastmilk with Similac Neosure added. Once we switched him over to some full formula feeds, he became extremely fussy. We tried Similac Advance, and Similac Sensitive, but neither seemed to help too much, and he screamed and cried and strained and was very gassy. We tried Similac Total Comfort, and he was like a new baby. Very happy, no gas or discomfort at all. We still use this formula to supplement for his 2 bottles a day. It is worth the extra cost for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for crying babies, August 9, 2013
Had a baby boy early, brought him home using similac advanced all he did was cry after a month of hardly any sleep, I switched to soy senitive along with gripe water to help with fussiness and gas, he still cried after eating and his body was stiff from gas pain so after a week of that, I swiched to comfort. He is a different baby and totally relaxed after eating. I no longer add gripe water to formula.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, May 24, 2014
After my daughter's experience we were calling this Total Discomfort. My child is 11 months now and I got three free samples from the doctors office. She is a good eater and doesn't mind which formula was on hand (Similac Sensitive or Advanced), so I decided to give this a try. However, she had severe constipation after a few days of using this formula and would push the bottle away frequently. I even disliked the smell, it smelled yeasty to me. I just purchased the Sensitive formula this morning, she is drinking and sleeping like a baby again. I read the reviews where other moms are happy with it, so I just wanted to add a note of caution before ordering too many.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on May 30, 2014 12:07:17 PM PDT
We're sorry to hear about this and would like to chat with you for more details! Please give us a call at 800-850-7677 Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm, EST & reference case# 01627904.

~Tiffany @Similac

4.0 out of 5 stars great for infants, February 28, 2014
This is a great item that can be used for infants that have problems with the standard milk products will recommend to my friends and family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for babies who are sensitive to milk protein, November 7, 2013
We started with Similac Alimentum and used that for the first 6 mths of her life, after 6 mths, her pediatrician suggested we try reintroducing dairy/eggs to my diet, and give her solid foods. We also switch from Alimentum to this formula Simila Total Comfort and my daughter likes it a lot. She doesn't spit up with it and it mixes well. I don't think the smell is terrible and it seems to satisfy her, she is also gaining weight well and is almost all formula fed now. I give it a 4 out of 5 stars b/c I think it's expensive yet.

Rate and Discover Movies