Similar books. Other great reads?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2010 9:42:50 AM PDT
I am looking for other books that are similar or just in the supernatural genre. Any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 9:44:11 AM PDT
They don't need to be about teens at all. I am 24.

Posted on Sep 23, 2010 9:54:54 AM PDT
Kaci says:
Hi! I've read alot of paranormal teen and adult and here are some of my fav:
Darkest Powers Series by Kelley Armstrong (teen)
The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Claire (teen)
Deadly little Secret (A touch novel) by Laurie Faria Stolarz (teen)
Fallen by Lauren Kate (teen)
Evernight Series by Claudia Gray (teen)
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (teen)
Halfway to the Grave series by Jeaniene Frost (adult book and i love the humor of the charachters too!)*highly reccomend!
Demonica Series by Larrisa Ione (adult)
Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward (adult)
The Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon (adult)

Hope these help! (I loved them all and i'm older than 24!)

Posted on Sep 23, 2010 12:51:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2010 12:52:40 PM PDT
These are my favorites in the paranormal genre: Stars are next to the ones that are at the top of my list-

**Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare- teen
Infernal Devices by Cassie Clare- teen, first book was just released
Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent- teen
Shifters series by Rachel Vincent- adult, final 6th book about to be released
**Night Huntress series (awesome reads!) by Jeaniene Frost- adult
Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz- teen
**Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward- adult
**Psy/ Changeling series by Nalini Singh- adult (def. a fave of mine!)
Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh- adult
**Kate Daniels serise by Ilona Andrews- adult, highly reccomend
Iron fey series by Julia Kagawa- teen
Fever series by Karen Marie Moning- adult
Makers Song series by Adrian Phoenix- adult
Tairen Soul series by CL Wilson- adult,
Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine- teen
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick- teen
Demonica series by Larissa Ione- adult
Mercy Thompson series by Patrica Briggs- adult
Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill- adult

Sorry it's a really long list, but I read a ton and these are all great reads! Hope it helps.

Posted on Sep 26, 2010 8:11:04 PM PDT
CBrew says:
Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay. AWESOME SERIES

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2010 8:42:00 PM PDT
D. Wisler says:
Morganville Vampire series - Rachel Caine, good action & character development
Almost Human series - Melanie Nowak
If you like funny and paranormal-ish, then read the Jane Jameson books by Molly Harper White

There are also some that venture more into romance at times which are still good series
Sookie Stackhouse novels - Charlaine Harris
Black Dagger Brotherhood - JR Ward
Cassandra Palmer novels - Karen Chance

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 6:48:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2010 6:53:34 PM PDT
I'm also older than 24 and I really enjoyed this series and of course loved twilight, but a few others that I've really liked were the house of night novels, and stephanie meyers newer book "the host" and also the strange angels series by lili st. crow. I'm looking for a new series myself and think I might check out the black dagger brotherhood and morganville vampires while waiting for the new books to come out. If you or anyone has any other book suggestions let me know. I'm pretty new to all this but I'm finding it to be very helpful. Thanks

Posted on Oct 4, 2010 7:17:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2010 7:23:54 AM PDT
Mikey says:
hi, althought most people might not think about her, Nora Roberts wrote 3 amazing PNR trilogys. My mom (50's), sister (20) and myself (27 male) all LOVE them.
The Circle Trilogy: Morrigan's Cross; Dance of the Gods; Valley of Silence--thumbnail is vampire appoc is approaching and a group of 6 from a witch to a shapeshifter must stop it, Amazing.
Sign of Seven Trilogy: Blood Brothers, The Hollow, Pagan Stone--a demon comes out to play every 7 years in a small town. (Nora added just a drop or 2 of stephen king to her style for this series).
Three Sisters Island Trilogy: Dance Upon the Air; Heaven and Earth; Face the Fire--I'd say these are probably more along her style of what she usually rights (never read one of her "regular" novels) 3 Witches and a 300 year old prophecy. The sisters tril, i think, tends to lean more tward the romance and personal choice with a paranormal overtone; whereas the other 2 trilogys are more Paranormal with a romance undertone... if that makes any sense. lol.
Thats my rec's if your looking for some PNR. Thanks for reading. :-)

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 6:53:41 PM PDT
HI!! This is my favorite genre so i have read a ton paranormal books. Some of my favorites have been...

Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews
The Edge seies by Ilona Andrews
Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn
Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill
World of the Lupi series by Eileen Wilks
Aisling Grey, Guardian series by Katie MacAlister
Shifters Book series by Rachel Vincent
Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter
Women of the Otherwold series by Kelley Armstrong
Poison Study series by Maria V. Snyder
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Aurelia by Anne Osterlund
Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr

Posted on Oct 10, 2010 8:17:44 PM PDT
breeza says:
Another author nobody has mentioned is Keri Arthur, her Reiley Jenson guardien series is one of my favs and its an adult, All nine books are out

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 9:58:58 AM PDT
I agree Ilona Andrews series are great!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 8:12:23 PM PDT
B. Kneifel says:
I also really liked the Night World series by L.J. Smith...very good and recently reprinted!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2010 7:49:59 AM PDT
KaterinaNYC says:
Try any of Amanda Hocking's books - she currently has books out for three of her different series. Her writing is incredible and the characters are great. I recently discovered another terrific author - S.L. Naeole - her Grace Series is absolutely amazing. Enjoy!

Posted on Nov 2, 2010 6:27:51 PM PDT
Madi says:
the uglies series by scott westerfeld is awesome Uglies (Uglies Trilogy, Book 1)

Posted on Nov 2, 2010 9:00:53 PM PDT
We have a whole 19 page posting on this very topic here: http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Vampire-Academy-another-series/forum/Fx3JFNQDFNNFK2I/TxEPPLS1H57PQ4/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=1595142509

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 3:04:14 AM PDT
Great resources all! I also enjoyed the Hunger Games series and wanted to add the Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libbra Bray - WONDERFUL, romantic, supernatural piece set back in the lovely corset wearing time-period. It's in the teen section but I'm 28 and I loved it :)

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 4:51:18 PM PDT
Amanda Hocking for sure, anything written by her.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2010 6:03:50 AM PST
Joe Whitson says:
I am also older then 24 wish I was 24 again,but anyway try Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz it is very good black dagger was okay not my kind of book to much sex in it for me .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2010 10:38:54 AM PST
ccterry07 says:
jeaniene frost night huntress series.....awesome !!! if your like me and you like the girl to be tough like rose in va this is for you ..its most def. isn't a ya book though its got way stronger language and sexual content but they're great. 4 books out so far they'll be 9 total !!!

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 10:55:41 AM PST
whitedemon says:
If you like the Vampire Academy series I can recomend the Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill. The writing is superb and it is more adult without the fluff of a trashy love story. By far my favorite series. Wonderful writing and the characters are phenomenal, you will fall in love with this series.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 2:52:40 PM PST
True Dru says:
I like the Strange Angel series by Lili St. Crow

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 6:19:38 AM PST
I Love that its a love story!! I also like that it has action in it!! So I want some books with it all!! I'm 23 so it can be both teen and young adult !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2010 9:48:56 AM PST
I love all three of these series!! You're right though hardly anyone would ever think of Nora in this genre!

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 9:52:40 AM PST
Also if you haven't checked them out Richelle's other series are amazing!!!! The Succubus Series or as my girlfriends and I call it the Georgie Series is AWESOME!!! Not YA at all though. If you get a chance read her other books. Or you can just wait for the VA spin off series to come out too.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 5:14:08 PM PST
Check out Karen Marie Monings "Fever Series" Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever and Shadowfever(soon to come out). Its an absolutely fabulous series. Full of great story lines, characters, sexy guys, mystery and whatever other great adjectives you want to throw in there.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Sep 18, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, Book 6)
Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, Book 6) by Richelle Mead (Hardcover - December 7, 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (687)