Published on July 26, 2011 by Hollee Saville

1.0 out of 5 stars Not satisfied
My 3 year old daughter had all of the symptoms listed on the box and this medicine did appear to help any of them. In fact it seemed to make her worse. I would not recommend this product to anyone who is trying to get their children relief from their cold.
Published 11 months ago by C. Jahnke

4.0 out of 5 stars MUCH better than regular cough syrup, but not the best of the natural ones., July 26, 2011
This review is from: Similasan Kids Cough and Fever Relief Syrup, 4 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I have 2 young boys and a childcare, so coughs happen several times a year in our home. However, this is a wonderful cough syrup that gives immediate relief and normally lasts 4 hours or so before needing another dose (during nights when their coughs are especially bad). We've used 4 bottles over the past 3 years and it works. Honey has always been touted as a wonderful soother for sore throats and coughs, and that's probably its most effective ingredient. Our kids ask for this (actually, any of our natural cough syrups) when they're sick and they seem to recover completely in a few days after we give them this. On the 2 occasions when I gave our son cough syrup during his bronchitis bout (almost 4 years ago), it never seemed to work and I felt guilty giving it to him.

Just an FYI that Hyland's Cold & Cough Syrup is MUCH MUCH better than this one, Chestal is a close second. We have tried 4 kinds (Similasan Cough Syrup, Hyland's Cold & Cough Syrup, Hyland's Cough Syrup, and Chestal) and the nights I give our boys the Cold & Cough one, they sleep through the night without coughing. When I give them any of the others, they go about 3-4 hours without coughing (Chestal will last through most of the night). That's still better than regular toxic cough syrup, but just thought I'd point out the difference and save you and your kids some sick time. Plus, you get the cold relief on top of the cough syrup, without ANY side effects except healthy kids! Even my childcare families allow me to give it to their children when they have coughs; their children recover quickly, too.

So, this is a good buy, better than toxic cough syrup, but it's definitely not the best natural one out there (from our experience, but maybe another one will work better for your child). We LOVE Similisan's Pink Eye Relief drops, Sleep globules, and Earache Relief drops...they are all INCREDIBLE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product even for adults,, October 22, 2012
I bought it for the first time for my little daughter when she was turning 3 years old. She was coughing for about a week and cough was getting worse every day. I went to Walgreens looking for some product and chose it. My daughter started getting better since the first day. A couple of weeks later i visited my uncle (he is 58 yo). I saw him coughing and he told me that nothing helped him. I told him about this product and gave him about half bottle. He tried it and got better. Finally, a friend who lives in other country told me that no one in his house could sleep well, because his little daughter coughs a lot during nights. He said that they have tried anything. I gave him about half bottle that i had. Some days later, he ordered two bottles: one for his daughter and other to give it back to me. They love it too. I recommend it to everyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not satisfied, January 17, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars First time Homeopathic user- hooked., October 23, 2014
This fall has been pretty bad for colds with all the weather changes in our area. I tried all the over the counter brands for childrens cough and colds for my three year old- Which if you are a seasoned parent you know that your kids have to be 4 to even take. But my doctor told me to cut the dose to use for my 3 year old. Anyway even with that they didn't do a thing for his symptoms. With in a few MINUTES this started working for my boy. His cough was gone instantly and his nose dried up. I think it's all going to depend on what is causing they symptoms for this to work. Very happy with the medicine and will be keeping it in the medicine cabinet :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this at CVS for $7. 99. ..., November 2, 2014
I bought this at CVS for $7.99. My son has Croup and has not been able to sleep for days. It has really helped treat the symptoms. 3 hours ago he had a barking coughing to the point of causing vomitting. I haven't heard one cough since 30 minutes after i gave him the cough syrup. I am very impressed. I thought $8 was a little extreme at first but considering the results I see now I would have been willing to pay more.

5.0 out of 5 stars long live homeopathy, September 19, 2014
i don't understand why more people don't use homeopathy in america. this works so well and i can give it to my son before he goes to school more for the cough relief than fever of course. love similasan wish it were easier to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars we call this "elephant medicine" because of the picture on ..., November 18, 2014
we call this "elephant medicine" because of the picture on the box. purple elephant medicine for coughing, and green elephant medicine for runny noses.
nothing else works nearly as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's her favorite., September 29, 2014
My daughter (age 6) gets a dry cough at night and in the mornings. This works almost immediately and she always asks for "the purple cough medicine". It's her favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars This medicine is wonderful for children, December 4, 2014
This medicine is wonderful for children. You only need to worry about them getting into it and taking it like candy. My 5 year old loves this and takes it without any fuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, August 22, 2014