on May 16, 2011
I dont recomend these simmons scopes. they are part of bushnell, tasco ,millet and who knows what else. the problem is they will fix your scope but you have to pay to ship it back and send them $10.00 to ship it back to you.If they dont get the repair done properly you have to ship it back at your cost with another $10.00 check for return shipping. this is nonsense and is done as warranty service.heaven only knows what they demand if the warranty has lapsed.I am a working gunsmith in the trade for 26 years. save your self some headaches and buy a leupold ,nikon, or redfield. burris and weaver used to be part of simmons so they probably do business the same as bushnell/simmons. i would check their repair policy before buying their products as well..
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on September 8, 2011
Verified Purchase
I am familiar with the Simmons "Master Series" line of scopes. I own a few and have had real good luck with them. I decided to try to save a few bucks and try out one of Scope Stop's "Refurbished" Simmons. The scope arrived sealed and in perfect working condition. It has exceptional eye relief of 4+ inches and the picture is clear from edge to edge at any power.
Eye relief remains constant at any power as well. Worth noting on this optic is an item not encountered on most "budget" scopes. The erector end assembly (that holds the reticle/crosshair) when observed carefully with a light, reveal small BOLTS actually holding it secure in addition to the epoxy/sealant found on all scopes. This little addition insures that the scope will take a pounding and keep true without breaking the reticle under heavy recoil."Screwed and Glued" reticles were commonplace 30 years ago but now it is usually only seen on "Top Shelf" scopes.
The only physical flaws I found were a couple of tiny compression marks from previous mounting. Well worth the the 20.00 (plus shipping) I saved as opposed to buying it from my regular supplier or paying retail (I have seen many online sellers getting 99.00 and up). It seems identical to the "Aetec" model but lacks the aspherical grind on the lenses. Objective and ocular lenses are multi-coated and appear to be camera quality. It should live up to the reputation of the ".44 Mag" model. Although made in China it was designed here in the USA and is so stated on scope. The plant was supposedly built as a dedicated facility for the Simmons line. I like Simmons since Meade took them over and am quite pleased with the 3-10x44 ProHunter SCOPE STOP sent. At the very worst, if something ever fails I send the scope and 10 bucks and they have usually sent me a new scope. If this one performs like my 4-12x40 "8 Point" or my 3-9x50 "ProSport" or the little 3-9x32 "22 Mag" It will be no worries mate !
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again