5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality at a reasonable price
Published on April 17, 2010 by Vtec26

2.0 out of 5 stars 8 months and falling apart
I selected this mattress after much research. My daughter is 8 months old. Already, the corners are compressed and the side has two large tears on the side. I would not (and will not) purchase this again... especially since I now have to replace it after less than a year of use by a newborn/infant.
Published on January 8, 2012 by O. Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality at a reasonable price, April 17, 2010
Vtec26 (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simmons Kids Beautyrest Beginnings Nighttime Whimsy Luxury Firm Baby Crib and Toddler Mattress (Baby Product)
We wanted a good matterss and the sub $100 ones we found at the typical big box retailers didn't cut it for us. We knew it was good to get one that was firm and fit a crib right. After much research, we also found out that more than just coil count, the guage of the wire coils were important. Alas, many mattress product information do not specify the coil thickness or other important information. I found out that one rule of thumb to determine what's a better mattress is by weight. heavier can only mean more coils, thicker wire, more dense padding, etc. i searched mattresses on amazon and compared shipping weight. after a combination of comparing weight, price, and subjective factors, we chose this one. we liked out king size simmons with pockets coils and reasoned our baby might like it too. we also like the idea that there is a baby and toddler side. one added benefit is that now our baby has arrived, sometimes we find a leaky daiper. so far we've been able to wipe up any fluid on the mattress without it seeping in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice mattress, glad I purchased, January 25, 2011
I wanted to get an organic mattress but I simply couldn't afford one. I did a lot of research on mattress and this is the one I landed on. I went to the store and looked at a few Sealy mattresses but they felt "cheap". This one is sturdy and seems well built. I have a large baby and this mattress seems to be firm enough for him but not too soft. I didn't notice a ton of difference between the "toddler" side and the baby side but I am still happy with my purchase.

This mattress did have a smell to it when I took it out of the bag but I let it air out for a few days. I didn't let my son sleep on it until I couldn't really smell anything coming from the mattress. I also bought the Sealy Natural Cotton Crib Mattress Pad which is a great compliment to this mattress.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, January 17, 2011
S. Smith (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This is working out well. The only small down side was that I had to air it out, due to it's "new" smell before putting in crib.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son sleeps well on this mattress, January 25, 2011
My son likes to move around when he sleeps. He never wakes up in the same spot as where he went to sleep at. We usually put him smack dab in the center of the mattress, and when the sun shines in the morning, he's sideways at the corner of the mattress. Which makes this mattress a good one, as it's firm throughout, not just certain spots. My son sleeps through the night, so that's another good sign of a good mattress. He hasn't tested how well this mattress is against liquids, but I'm sure he'll do that someday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great!, March 2, 2011
I'm super impressed with the quality of this mattress for the price. The shipping was super quick, I ordered on Sunday and got it on Wednesday. The only thing I noticed was a small tear on the "toddler" side of the mattress, but once I put a mattress pad on, it won't even be noticeable. I will air it out a little, but I noticed most of the plasticky smell stayed with the wrapping that you throw away.

2.0 out of 5 stars 8 months and falling apart, January 8, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH the money..... had to return my other mattress, August 8, 2011
I had another mattress I purchased for my son while I was pregnant at Costco (online) by LA Baby. It was organic, 2 sided (for future toddler use) and seemed like a good mattress. I had done a ton of research and the price was mid-level for the mattresses on the market. I didn't mind spending twice the price of this one but also didn't want to overspend for the heck of it. The LA Baby mattress started sagging a few months in and my son is only in the 25 percentile for weight. Needless to say I wasn't satisfied so back online I went to do more research, this time in the highest end mattresses since I wasn't messing around for a 3rd mattress. This mattress is awesome and I've had it for about 4 months now and still love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and well made, May 19, 2011
Chad Carroll (MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MISSOURI, US) - See all my reviews
Love this mattress! We've only had it a short time but so far it's great. Its firm but not uncomfortable and stiff. My daughter sleeps great on it. It's a little heavy but I feel that's normal for a well made spring mattress. It fits the crib great and seems like it will hold up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mattress!, March 17, 2011
Hi, I really love this mattress and recommend it. And just in case anyone was wondering about the smell everyone's talking about it comes from the memory foam that is on it. I had a queen sized memory foam topper once too and the manual for it told me to air it out for 2 days before use. I'm assuming all memory type foam beds will smell this way from my experience. It has a production smell to it (not too bad, just kinda strong) but it goes away. So the couple day or so wait to air it out is well worth the comfort of your little one if your considering this matress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bed for great price!, March 2, 2011
It's firm on one side for infants and soft on the other for toddlers. It's definitely one of the best beds next to buying an organic one. There is a slight smell coming from the bed, but should go away eventually. I suggest buying this bed early on to let all that smell out.