Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

Color: SterlingSize: LargeChange
Price:$837.43 - $891.03

on June 24, 2012
As they say, no one ever regrets paying for quality. This is definitely true of the G3 Guidefoots from Simms. After a rather unsuccessful interlude a few years ago with a pair of breathable waders I switched back to my neoprenes. Sure, they are hot in the summer, but when you fish mainly in the winter, no problems right?, wrong. A number of long days spent walking up rivers and sweating profusely even in the middle of a New Zealand winter had me rethinking this logic. I bit the bullet and bought a pair of these bad boys. First thing you notice when putting them on is how well they fit, "tailored" even. There is no excess material to rub up against itself while you are walking, and they feel like you are wearing just a pair of trousers. A pair of merino legings underneath is enough for all but the coldest of nights, and the breathable nature of the fabric means you stay comfortable during warmer weather, of long walks. There are enough pockets both on the outside and the inside of the chest section to allow you to "go-lite" and leave the vest in the car for those short sessions, and the extra thickness up the legs provides good protection against sharp sticks, rocks, blackberry etc. Yes, they are more expensive than most brands, but I believe that is because they are of exceptional quality.
on November 20, 2012
I have found nothing but whats expected from Simms Waders with comfort and reliability. The G3's have performed very well with the protection of GORE-TEX, following a day on the river I am dry as a bone. And the waders do not have issues cracking allowing for water to creep in. In addition these things are durable! I have seen my buddy hop boulders and the abrasion has not affected the integrity of the waders.

I am a GORE-TEX Mountain Tech
on February 15, 2014
As a tester now for Gore gear they never stop amazing me in the new and innovative way to make the best just that much better. Does Simms cost more then almost every other brand absolutly. But that being said it will most likely last the average angler several years if you take care of your gear. Now i fish 60+ days a year on water most people would consider insane but the worst I have had a Simms service tech tell me is stop sitting on ice, 40 dollars and my waders were like new out the box minus my fish stains. If you want the best waders for comfort, breathability, and guarenteed waterproof look no further.
on February 7, 2013
Throughout my daily wading thru the quagmire of operational inefficiency, blatant displays of human stupidity, and garden varieties of ignorance of varying degrees... I now know one thing is for certain, when I put life on hold and pursue what really matters I shall not fear the frigid waters of the Madison, icy temperatures of the yellowstone, nor a possible satanic baptism in the waters of the firehole. I have Simms to protect me. With their well proven and deserved reputation for rugged endurance, and a warranty that would convert a catholic to a practicing jehovas witness their is only one choice. Simms
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2011
Very satisfied with my Simms G3 waders. the entire transaction was extremeley easy. initially I ordered the wrong size but exchanging to the correct one was fast and easy. overall very satisfied with the product as well as the transaction.