Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

90%
10%
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 29, 2006
I love this book! The combination of applique and simple piecing offers the quilter warm,colorful projects to follow. I made one of the wall hangings in my own colors,and intend to make more.Kim Diehl's projects are so doable.The templet patterns are full size-no enlarging! The directions are clear and easy to understand.If you like a country flavor to your quilts,you must buy this book!
on April 7, 2004
This quilt book not only offers many quilts to create but it is just fun to look at over and over. The photos are beautifully styled and opens up the imagination to decorate with the quilts. If you are an antique lover, you'll love the use of old items coupled with the new quilts, that take on an old flavor, themselves. I think there is something for everyone in this book, from the new quilter to the very experienced. Directions are clear and I like the graphic layout of the book. I appreciate the flat shots of the actual quilt so I can see the overall process. I want to make every single quilt in this book! Haven't seen a quilt book like that in a long time. This is a top notch, well put together quilt book. Visually and technically superior. Not many out there like this one!
on September 5, 2004
This is a beautiful book with beautiful projects. I can't wait to get started. Quilts have a cozy country feel, but are elegant as well. The pictures are gorgeous and really give you a feel for the whole decor that these quilts belong in. I have many quilting books but this one is number one for inspiration and I am motivated to create every one of them. EXCELENT.
on August 24, 2006
Every project in this book is to die for. If you like traditional, warm, country, reproduction style quilts this is a must buy.
on December 28, 2007
Simple Blessings: 14 Quilts to Grace Your Home
For anyone who loves pieced and appliqued quilts, in glorious fabrics, this is the book for them. There are 14 quilts to make, and I want to make all of them!

The photography is stunning and gives one all sorts of ideas on how to display quilts, colours to use. And there is an article on Fabric Selection and Preparation and another on Patchwork Principles. This article covers everything from beginning to end, even how to press seams and pressing triangle units.

Then there is Completing the Quilt Top; followed by Finishing Techniques. Of particular interest to me is Kim's method of Machine Applique.

And then it is on to the stunning quilts. I am gathering my fabric and just about to start my first project and it is called Cobblestones and Cartwheels Lap Quilt - 72 1/2" x 72 1/2". Can't wait to get started!
on August 12, 2006
Her design are straight forward and evoke a nostalgic feeling. Our Quilt Guild just purchased her books for their library.
on July 23, 2006
When I finish one of my many UFOs I am going to do one of the beautiful applique quilts in this book. I love to sit down in my big easy chair and look through the pages in this book and dream of what I am going to quilt next.
on May 9, 2007
Kim Diehl always produces wonderful patterns with colors for every desire. Her patterns are always precise.
on January 14, 2014
Book arrived in like-new condition! I will buy from this vendor whenever possible. A am a true book-a-holic and usually buy previously owned so that I can add to my collection for a reasonable price. This is a great site!
on July 26, 2015
Love the choice of colors. kim diehl has a wonderful way of arranging blocks. I have made several of her quilts but also used just parts to make smaller quilts or table runners. Can't wait for her next book.