5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Cookbook for Kids' Meals
If you're a Mom struggling to find healthy food that your kids will actually eat I think this is the book for you. It's also great for grandparents who are babysitting their grandchildren and want some healthy recipes.

Published 22 months ago by Sandy Bose

3.0 out of 5 stars Lunch time, maybe not.
I loved her book of Salmon recipes, but this one fell short. Too much to do for me for lunch. Had difficulty with some of the wording. Just not used here in the US of A. Defining area specific things would have helped. I will use a few of the recipes for dinner but not for lunch.
Published 15 months ago by SILVERBEAD

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Cookbook for Kids' Meals, October 20, 2012
Sandy Bose (Chicago, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 31 Simple Lunch Recipes (Kindle Edition)

First I like the Jenny Collins cookbooks because they have an international flavor to them. She includes temperatures in celcius, fahrenheit and by gas mark. The measurements are by grams, ounces and cups. And finally she includes prep time and cooking time.

But I really like the recipes. She really has healthy substitutes for all of the unhealthy fast food meals that kids love. Simple fish kabobs, homemade meat balls, homemade chicken goujons (nuggets) homemade beef burgers. There's comfort food like macaroni and cheese, pizza, beef stew and chicken stew. There are other recipes that help kids get the veggies they usually reject: creamy cauliflower cheese, potato cakes with bacon, peas and sweet corn.

These look like real, original and deicious recipes that you won't find elsewhere. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Ideas for Hot Lunches, December 18, 2012
This review is from: 31 Simple Lunch Recipes (Kindle Edition)
I am always on the lookout for lunchtime inspiration, so I was very pleased to be able to download this booklet for free. The recipes are certainly creative and kid-friendly; I also appreciated the ethnic touches that included Indian, Chinese, Italian, and other world cuisines. However, these 31 recipes were not quite what I anticipated. Instead of ideas for lunches I could pack and send to school with my kids, the recipes are mostly for hot, home-style meals that I can easily prepare in my kitchen. This is actually not a problem for me, since my children can come home for lunch. These lunch ideas would also be great for families with preschoolers or those who home-school their children. Overall, I would recommend this helpful collection recipes for parents and children who are wanting to get out of a rut and try new flavors. Just be aware that the recipes in this booklet work best for days when children are eating at home.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lunch time, maybe not., June 5, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple Lunch Recipes, February 10, 2014
This review is from: 31 Simple Lunch Recipes (Kindle Edition)
This is a great book, fast lunch recipes.
I love this book. My kids love the fast and easy lunches to make to take to school

4.0 out of 5 stars Make for the week, January 16, 2014
Good recipes....
Will sub some of the ingredients to fit personal taste . Thanks for putting it together. Easy to follow directions

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, January 14, 2014
This review is from: 31 Simple Lunch Recipes (Kindle Edition)
Well it's nice this is free but recipes are nothing special. One recipe is literally how to make baked potatoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Variety Of Meals To Choose From, November 3, 2012
This review is from: 31 Simple Lunch Recipes (Kindle Edition)
Am I pleased I got a copy of this book? You bet I am! I must say this book contains a great variety of lovely, healthy and wholesome meals that cater for the needs of a wide range of kids - the vegetable lovers and the not-so-great vegetable lovers alike. There are a number of adaptations suggested to suit the adults in the family. In particular I am fascinated with those meals I always bought in the store such as 'Homemade Beef Burger' and 'Homemade Fish Fingers'. Frankly speaking, I never realized how easy they are to prepare. I am also eager to try the 'Chinese Vegetable Spring Onions' as this has always been a winner with my kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Kids Lunches!!, November 1, 2012
This review is from: 31 Simple Lunch Recipes (Kindle Edition)
This is a wonderful book for parents and grandparents. Food that is good for your kids and taste good too.The recipes are well written and easy to follow. As a grandparent, I can tell you I would much rather see the kiddos eat something I have prepared that go grab something at the fast food joint.

So many of the lunch ideas sound very good to me and I'm sure their grandfather will enjoy these delights with the kids.Homemade fish fingers or pizza will make the entire family happy.Meatballs, stew, or Chicken Noodle soup is also wonderful for everyone.

I recommend this book for everyone who ever has kids in their home for meals

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Kid's Recipe Book, October 31, 2012
This review is from: 31 Simple Lunch Recipes (Kindle Edition)
A great recipe book, this will help any parents or carers of children to create some healthy and nutritious meals.
Kids will love some of these alternative fast food recipes like the homemade chicken burgers. My daughter loves the homemade fish fingers and asked for more!
Highly recommended for anyone looking to give their children healthy, homemade and nutritious meals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy, delicious and wholesome!, October 27, 2012
This review is from: 31 Simple Lunch Recipes (Kindle Edition)
As a parent for 4 kids, we are always looking for new ideas to prepare healthy, delicious and wholesome food. I was happy to find that recipes in this book are just that.

The book has a variety of recipes such as soups, burgers, stews to salads etc. I was happy to see that the book did not include unhealthy ingredients which are so prevalent in other cookbooks. This books stands out in that sense.

I own other books by Jenny Collins and have always been impressed with the quality and presentation of the recipes.
This one is no exception.

31 Simple Lunch Recipes