4.0 out of 5 stars Great Service.
Finally found Sim cards that work at Amazon.com. Better off buying prepay versions. $60 is totally unlimited everything. Service is great. Easy to activate. I bought others from Newegg.com that had bad numbers and did not work.
Published on July 9, 2011 by Gil

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!!
Where do I start? I have been a customer with Simple Mobile for 2 months. They have no customer service, because all calls are routed to the Philippines and the customer service reps will lie just to get you off the phone OR they give you a canned response, "I cant help you, sir."

Do not think for a minute that they have an unlimited plan - read all of the...
Published 17 months ago by Dina

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!!, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Simple Mobile Unlimited Prepaid Sim Card (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Do not think for a minute that they have an unlimited plan - read all of the reviews. They will turn off your data without warning. I have an iPhone 4 - it is a 3G phone, that barely gets coverage and operated on EDGE more than 3G. I NEVER used 4G since my phone doesn't have an antennae, yet they cut my data off - even though I have an "UNLIMITED" plan. They LIE. When I called customer service, they kept saying they were transferring me to a "higher department" that could help me, but it was a recording saying that I had exceeded their terms and conditions, then hangs up without the option to speak to anyone.

This company has:

TERRIBLE PHONE RECEPTION - NOT T-MOBILE COVERAGE!!!
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE
NO TECH SUPPORT

DOES NOT VALUE ITS CUSTOMERS!

I'm switching to Metro - my wife has had them for years and is running her Galaxy SIII at 4G speed for $50/month.

Simple Mobile: Buyer Beware - it sounds like a good deal, but in the end, it's all LIES!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Service., July 9, 2011
Gil (Summerville,South Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars incrediable cheat, November 3, 2012
I am a former t-mobile customer and there is 3G/4G services wherever I go in my area. hoping to run away from contract and change my phone whenever I want, I switched to simple mobile and that was a real big mistake. it's only EDGE/2G all around the place and only by the airport I was able to get 3G in my glaxy S phone or 4G in an international galaxy note. everywhere else including home and work is very slow radical Edge or 2G.
called them many times and I told them your website and 4G map says that I should have 3G/4G and I paid the highest plan to get that and above of all of that, I was a t mobile customer so I know what should I get. the answer is "none". they don't have technical customer services because it's simply t mobile's network. Also and clearly t mobile customers have a priority in accessing the 3G/4G network. so unless you move around within an area where t mobile has only 3G/4G equipment, you would never get it.

one more thing is simple mobile's customer services. clearly, they don't have any level of service or maybe such managment. you could be lucky if someone who knows how to deal with people takes your call or it could be a simple mobile rep who doesn't have any idea how to run a conversation with another human being.

so sorry to use simple mobile and to loss $50, to loss a month without internet service and above all of that, losing my time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money and Simple Mobile Is Great Value For Money., June 26, 2012
BOught the SIM card from an external seller off of Amazon.com. Very reasonably priced for the SIM card and the product was shipped super-fast. I have since changed my phone provider to Simple Mobile. Not hard to install nor set up at all. I had my number ported over from Virgin Mobile USA phone that I previously used. FYI, porting can take anything from 24-48 hrs to port ALL the data over, text included. So, don't panic if your texts are not received/sent the first 24-48 hours as I did !! Still a great company anyhow. Haven't had any problems since. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luv it, July 19, 2010
I've had my Samsung Behold 2 connected through Simple Mobile, and I can't say I've had one problem with the service. Unlimited calling is nice, and don't have to worry about any type of contract. To be honest, you get the same exact great features you would get from any other mobile service with contracts. From what I've been reading up on, Simple Mobile seems to be sisters with T-Mobile, sharing the same network and towers. Their site is [...] if anyone is not familiar with them

1.0 out of 5 stars run away, do not walk, pass go or consider this brand, May 5, 2013
I switched through best buy mobile from a t-mobile family plan. Best-Buy does not allow their reps to help people set this up because it is so complicated that it gets messed up constantly and costs them a lot of money. They do this so that you cannot return the plans or sim cards once you scratch off the back for the pin and also all new phones you have to cut the sims down from std to mini or micro. First off they make it impossible to return the cards, and if there is any sort of mistake they refuse to transfer a balance from one number to another, like say they do not switch over your phone number which you supposedly did over the phone with their customer service (, but you then activate that sim and month plan there is no getting that money back. your options are to use that new number or lose the $65(sim and plan). I then tried to get through to their customer service on three different lines, multiple times on each line, and they just kept disconnecting me saying I was breaking up and that I should call back on a different line. Emailing their customer service just gets a stock response telling you to call their customer service number. So as of right now I am out $26 for 2 sim cards, $150 for 3 monthly plans and I just lost my phone number, which keeping that while getting away from t-mobile was the whole point of this exercise.

1.0 out of 5 stars Simple Mobile Made Me Cry, July 2, 2013
I newly activated a service via phone call and the representative did not ask whether I wanted to transfer the existing phone number I used before setting up the service. Then I had to make another phone call and was first asked to purchase another SIM card and pay additional fees which I angrily declined. Then the rep said he was able to transfer the number and asked me to wait for 4 to 17 hours. After waiting forever without a phone to use, I still could not make calls. Made another series of calls to simple mobile via my roommate's phone and I was told a replacement SIM card will be mailed to my address. That is, I HAD TO WAIT 3 TO 5 DAYS TO MAKE A PHONE CALL!!! This I found ridiculous as I could neither pick the SIM up at their stores to hasten the process nor did they offer to provide me a backup SIM to use for those few but long days. To make matters worse, they still expected me to pay for those days I did not have the service.

This was a nightmare and brought me to tears.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy and misleading, December 1, 2012
First they are not the same as T-mobile in that they do not provide roaming so many places were I get good reception with a T-mobile service I get none with Simple Mobile.

Customer service horrendous.

The data is not only not unlimited even when paying for 4G they cut me off (of all data) when I went over 2Gig!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid the scam!, February 5, 2013
I spent three months (billing cycles) with them and am leaving them as soon as I'm close to the end of month. I hope I can get my phone number released by them though!
Phone: Seems to be fine in my area. I have used about 900 min per their usage counter and no complain from their part! There is no roaming though. So as soon as you get out of town, you are out of luck!
Messaging: Seems to follow the voice service. Both MMS and picture messaging works fine.
Data: This is the sucking point! They do have T-mobile version of 4g and I was able to get 7 Mbp out of them once. Average is 3-4 Mps. But depends of what plan you are on, it ends very soon and turns to 2G (around 200 kps). The data is very patchy and you need to be lucky to get that (I have traveled all over East coast). This last billing cycle I got their highest plan (promised to be unlimited 4G) and they sent me a warning text when I hit 2GB and then a few days later they totally cut my data service off. A few calls to customer service before I realized they don't care about any customers! I told them they lied about their plan and that I'm leaving and they couldn't be any more indifference! And they don't tell you why the service is discontinued or what you should do to get it back. The only thing customer service doe is like a robot repeating a written statement that "refer to our terms and conditions on our website"!
STAY AWAY FROM SHADY BUSINESSES!

UPDATE: Simple mobile kept my data service off till the end. I was able to port my number back to T mobile prepaid. I then made an inquiry to T mobile customer service about their service and they told me they throttle the data after your 4G allotment, but they don't shut it off! T mobile has since launched another cheap prepaid service called Go Smart [...]) which is now cheaper than both T mobile monthly 4G and Simple mobile. I would be interested to know people's experience with it. The lack of roaming (on AT&T towers) can still be a major issue for folks who travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, March 16, 2011
I received the SIM card very fast & It was so EASY...just put the SIM card and I was talking after purchasing the minutes but I love it. Thanks