Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, 5 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Item Package Quantity: 2Change
Price:$14.45 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 4, 2012
Item Package Quantity: 2
I have had pimples since the 5th grade, as soon as the hormones kicked in. Then, in my early thirties & 2 kids of my own, I was still breaking out PLUS these new large, painful, deep cysts. They started on my neck, then my jaw line & spread to my cheeks. I've used many over the counter products without improvement. My Dermatologist prescribed a number of topical treatments, all making it worse. Bactrim was the miracle pill for it, but the pill made me sick with flu like symptoms.

Here we are, 2 years later and I am sitting here with almost clear skin thanks to a combination of products that are actually working! Here is what I am doing that I am finally getting results from:

Products I use:
Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, 5 oz
Simple Soothing Facial Toner, 6.7 oz
Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser
Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
C. Booth Facial Scrub, Vitamin C Micro Delivery 2.5 oz (71 g)
C. Booth Thermal Clay Mask, 10-Minute Oil Control 2.5 oz (71 g)

I use Dan's Regimen as a guide on how to treat my skin and use most of his recommendations.
I wash my face twice a day.

1. Start with a gentle oil free eye make up remover for sensitive skin.
2. Wash using Dan's technique with the Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, avoiding my eye area.
3. Apply the Simple Soothing Facial Toner with a cotton ball. I recently ran out of this toner for a week and broke out in cysts again, 10 of them! In addition to white heads in my usual break out places.
4. Generously Apply the Benzoyl Peroxide, large pea size amount, thin layer over my entire face & neck area.
5. Let last step dry about 5 minutes, or immediately apply Simple Hydrating Moisturizer if I'm in a hurry. I use a nickle size amount and apply it by gently smoothing it over my entire face. At first it feels wet and heavy, but after a couple minutes it absorbs into my skin and dries.
Afterward, my skin feels soft, smooth and well hydrated.
6. When I have a pimple I will cover it with foundation and use it under my eyes. Before my face was clear I still used my foundation over my entire face. I'm now not needing it!

Every other day I use the Derma 24 Vitamin C Micro Delivery Facial Scrub. It is not cheap at a little under $15 at my local store. I love this scrub and found in when I tried the Derma trial size skin care set. Their line didn't work for me, but the scub has. I use it only before bed. Dan recommends not using harsh scrubs, but I get a lot of sebum and dead skin cells that build up on my pores and cause acne. The scrub works great for me.
I do steps 1 & 2 then use the scrub & proceed with steps 4 & 5.

2 times a week, on a night when I'm not using the Vitamin C scrub, I use the Derma 17, 10 Min Clay Mask.
I do steps 1 & 2, apply the mask in a thin layer over entire face & neck leaving on for much longer than 10 minutes, & then proceed with steps 4 & 5 after rinsing off the mask.

Since recently running out of my facial toner & breaking out, I have begun my full treatment regimen again. It took 2 days for my white heads to disappear, and now, on my 4th day, I only have 3 of my original cysts. For those of you who get them you know how long they can take to go away. The up side though is they are no longer painful. The pain was gone on the 2nd day. They are now just flesh colored lumps under my skin.

Suggestions: Check out Dan's Regimen at [...] He has his own skin care line now, which I've never tried. His steps and techniques have worked for me though.
Also remember, Benzoyl Peroxide will bleach anything it comes in contact with. Get dressed and undressed before you apply it and use a white pillow case and white towel for your face. It truly works and I will not go without it. Buying white is worth the clear skin I'm getting.
Neutrogena is the only brand with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide that I've found. The others are typically 5% & 10% and are too strong.
Shop online to find the best prices. Amazon and drugstore.com are my favorites!
Item Package Quantity: 2Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am obsessed with having a clean face before bed and again in the morning before I apply fresh makeup so I am always happy to try new facial cleansers. I had never before heard of the Simple SkinCare line but dealing with the skin condition Rosacea for years it is imperative that I use products geared toward sensitive skin. This 5 oz bottle is the standard "upside down" storing squeeze bottle most facial cleansing manufacturers have adopted.

The front of the bottle states there are 2 vitamins, 1 skin loving nutrient, and 0 perfumes or dyes. Reading the ingredient list, I am not sure which is which. Here are the ingredients in the order they are listed:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Polyquaternium-39, Laureth-10, Cocomide MEA, Sodium Chloride, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Disodium EDTA, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylparaben.

Wow. So much for being "simple". Sounds like an entire science lab is in this product. I had never heard of Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil so I looked it up. It is a common ingredient in "natural" products as it is derived from the Anthemis Nobilis flower (in the Chamomile family so take heed if you are allergic to Chamomile). The Pelargonium Graveolens Oil is what is used to make geranium oil and has a rose scent. That might be all nice and natural sounding but I can't get past the second ingredient being Sodium Laureth Sulfate. This and its cousin Sodium Lauryl Sulfate are BAD for your skin. Over the past year I have stopped using any products that contain them. Please do a Google search for them and you will see what I am talking about. Now, stepping down from my soapbox I will simply tell you how the product worked.

It is a pearly white color and has a nice smooth texture that comes out of the bottle easily. I applied it directly to my face with my hands as directed. It cleaned well (removing all traces of makeup) and had a nice pleasant subtle Rose scent. It rinsed off fairly easy but not as well as I would have liked. I noticed the next morning after washing my face again with Simple that my face was a bit itchy. I am not sure if there is something in the product's many ingredients that I am allergic to or if the cleanser combined with my moisturizer was the problem. So, I am going to experiment again with only putting my moisturizer on one side of my face after cleansing.

I guess if you are not concerned about ingredients like SLES (Sodium Laureth) and SLS (Sodium Lauryl) then it is a product worth trying. I won't recommend it however unless they reformulate and remove the Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

EDIT 12/24/11: I tested the cleanser regarding the itching issue and it seems that there is something in it that is not combining well with the ingredients in my moisturizer (Olay brand). I haven't encountered that problem with other facial cleansers and my moisturizer.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Item Package Quantity: 2Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've got real mixed feelings about this product. Maybe its just my skin type, but in an overall experience, this one just didn't work out for me in most ways, although it did help in a few other ways.

I guess the best way to start is with the ingredients. I'm normally a fan of natural or organic products, but I'm not above using regular products if they work well or have some kind of benefit to them or if a friend gives it to me to try out. I don't like to waste anything after all. This product has some not so nice ingredients in it that I'm not really a big fan of, but at the same token the list of ingredients isn't as long as it could be, so that's something. It does contain sodium laureth sulfate, for those of you who were wondering. For a regular product, I would rate this about average in terms of ingredients.

The use of this product entails that it be applied to wet skin and worked into a lather. It doesn't take much to do this and a nickel sized drop is plenty to work up a good amount for your face. It has a light flowery kind of scent (at least to me) and creates a thinner white foam when lathered. I'd say a bottle of this, used at that amount, could probably last a couple months at one use a day.

Its supposed to be a moisturizing product and I do have to say that that part of it actually works. I could feel a difference after the first time I used it in how soft and hydrated my skin felt. And I liked that about it. So I started using it about every other day for the past month or so and in this dry winter weather, it has helped my skin. So that's the good part. The bad part is, this product causes me to break out in rather large painful pimples (and I'm sure you really wanted to know that about me) and its happened every time I've used it. I thought maybe it was just my skin trying to get used to the product, so I kept trying, but now a month or so later, I still have the same problem every time. And the effects are next day immediate. So I suppose if I want to use this product more, I'll have to decide if I'd rather have dry skin and no acne, or hydrated skin and acne. I'm sure as you've guessed I'd rather it be the former.

Maybe this will work better for people with other types of skin. Mines on the drier side to begin with which is why I was so attracted to this product but perhaps its just not for me. I won't use it again because of the unfortunate side effects, but if you have resistant to blemish dry skin, this may just work for you.

Review by M. Reynard 2012
Item Package Quantity: 2Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Nice gel that turns into a creamy lather with a refreshing "scent" of just pure clean. Felt great on my skin, and didn't dry it out like some other products would. The tube stays closed very well, even in a gym bag or suitcase. The only thing I don't like is the list of chemicals in this "natural" product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 9, 2015
Item Package Quantity: 1Verified Purchase
I rally like the results, but my bottle when stored upright leaked EVERYWHERE. I open the cap and it is full of product. So don't put it on its cap. Lay it on the side or cap up if you can wedge it between something. I even hit the cap in the counter to make sure it is shut tight, but sure enough in the morning soap was everywhere.
on December 4, 2013
Item Package Quantity: 2Verified Purchase
I have Rosacea and extremely sensitive skin. It gets dry and flaky (in addition to the redness and bumps of rosacea). I've used Dermalogica for years but since getting pregnant, my skin changed and seems to reject the very expensive Dermalogica line! A pharmacist recommended this Simple product - it's the only cleanser I can use now. It moisturizes AND cleans...although I use another product to remove makeup (a Neutrogena product that I will review shortly). The product sits in the shower and I use it every time. Although it's not marketed to exfoliate, it seems to take care of the flakiness too...very gentle. You just need to get past the gel-like consistency...it will foam if you use the right amount of water (which is why it might make sense to use it in the shower).
Item Package Quantity: 2Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I guess it's probably the result of my gene pool but I'm cursed with frustratingly sensitive, reactive skin. Even the one cleanser I've found that is alright for my skin isn't great. I recently decided to start looking for a better alternative in hopes of finally having happy skin. Simple's claims sounded good so I thought I'd give it a try.

The first two days that I used it my skin was so painfully parched and flaky I almost gave up. But I figured since it was new to my skin I would give it a month before I tossed it. Maybe I just needed to get used to it. I spent the next three weeks suffering from the worst acne breakout I have had in months! Break-through breakouts are not uncommon when switching cleansers but it just got worse and worse. To make it more awful my skin was so flaky and dried out. But since my husband was also using it and had initially said he liked it I left it for him to keep using. A week later he was having the same miserable breakout symptoms I had been having.

Needless to say we've gone back to our old product and will not be using Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash. I believe that one of the main reasons we both had this much trouble is that the second ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Having recently read an article about this chemical--and industrial degreaser used in many soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, laundry detergent, and other products for cleaning because it's cheap--I think it's probably part of the problem. I think it might be time to remove it completely from our home but first of all not using it on our sensitive skin!

While I hated this product, I did also try Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes, 25 Count (Pack of 2) which I have had no adverse reaction to. They're soft, big enough for the whole face and neck, and nice for those times you need to clean up in a hurry. I definitely liked them better than the face wash.
VINE VOICEon January 16, 2012
Item Package Quantity: 2Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have to face it: the older I get, the more sensitive my skin becomes. Old tried and true products suddenly make my face red and itchy and dry out my skin, and others are giving me break outs (which I do NOT need at my age). I have been looking for several years for a facial cleanser to leave my skin soft and smooth, not irritated and inflamed. I have tried many, many different products, but to no avail. So when SIMPLE KIND TO SKIN MOISTURIZING FACIAL WASH became available, I figured I had nothing to lose, and I gave it a try.

And I am so glad that I did. SIMPLE KIND TO SKIN MOISTURIZING FACIAL WASH leaves my face thoroughly clean, well hydrated, silky smooth, and delightfully soft to the touch. It is not red, irritated, inflamed, bumpy, dry or itchy. My skin feels good, and it looks great! Even my husband commented that I had a healthy glow! Woo Hoo!

I know that not all skin products are for all skin types, so KIND TO SKIN MOISTURIZING FACIAL WASH might not work for you. But it sure did the trick for me. If you are experiencing any of the issues that I was, then give KIND TO SKIN MOISTURIZING FACIAL WASH a try. You might be pleasantly surprised.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Item Package Quantity: 2Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a standard facial wash with a nice rich lather and mild, pleasant scent. Here are the directions: "Wet face with warm water. Squeeze a small amount into hands and work into a lather. Massage gently in a circular motion onto wet skin. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Avoid delicate eye area."

Wait, what was that? "Avoid delicate eye area"? Isn't this a product for sensitive skin? If you can't use it in the eye area, it isn't as mild as they're leading us to think. And while it's touted as "moisturizing," my skin feels drier than usual.

Maybe they just didn't do the extensive testing that would be needed to assure government regulators that it was sufficiently mild, but my "eyes" are a big part of my "face," and I'm not going to buy a separate eye cleanser for everyday use. I'd say they have a ways to go to live up to the marketing promises.
VINE VOICEon January 26, 2012
Item Package Quantity: 2Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I like Simple Kind To Skin Moisturizing Facial Wash. I use it after using an apricot scrub. For the scrub I use Walmart or Target versions which are similar to St. Ives apricot scrub, but, I think, more aggrerssive. I then use Simple kind Facial Wash and it soothes my face and makes my skin feel soft.