Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$5.10+ Free shipping (Addon item)

VINE VOICEon March 4, 2013
Package Quantity: 2|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have fairly dry skin on my face (especially in the winter months) so when selecting a scrub I tend to go for the products that have some type of abrasive in them. This one contains rice granules. They're not overly large - the scrub has a gritty texture to it but I wouldn't call it "chunky" like some other scrubs I've tried (see customer images for a close-up of the product). Once I began working this scrub into my skin, however, I found the fine granules to be plenty sufficient at sloughing off the dry skin.

After rinsing the product off my face I found my skin to feel smooth and refreshed. I followed up with some Simple Soothing Facial Toner, 6.7 Ounce (Pack of 2) and am very pleased with how soft and smooth my face feels.

I would say I've found my skin to be sensitive to certain products over the years but I think the same can be said for just about everyone. As for this product, it did not irritate my skin in the least.

Because this product is free of perfumes it doesn't have the most enticing scent in the world, but it's not horrible either. I'm not really sure how to describe the scent... I wouldn't exactly call it a chemical scent but it's reminiscent of some natural cleaners I've used. Like I said it's not horrible but since it is present I thought it was worth mentioning.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with this product and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a scrub with a bit of grit to it that contains no perfumes/dyes/harsh irritants.
review image
Package Quantity: 2|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I usually use Clean & Clear with the microparticles as a daily face wash, so this product is pretty similar for comparison's sake. That product as well as this one both have particles to help scrub your face without having to use a washcloth. I've noticed that Clean & Clear is the gentlest on your face in terms of the particle smoothness and size. The store brand version of C&C has larger, less even particles. The Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub is the roughest of the three. When it says it contains rice granules, believe it. They are rough and feel large. Short of scrubbing your face with a loofah, I don't know any other product that would be better at scrubbing. I take this as a preference thing - if you want something that's aggressive, this is your product.

I do think it does a very good job of making your skin look and feel clean, so I do give it some positive points for that. No perfumes does not mean it has no smell. The lack of perfumes does leave it and your face smelling a bit chemical-ly, since it's just the smell of the raw ingredients (mineral oil, etc) with nothing to counter-balance them. So while it does its job, be aware, it's pretty rough and doesn't have a very good smell.
on July 19, 2012
I have extremely picky skin. The way I figure, my skin type could be classified as dry, acne-prone sensitive skin. So a lot of products are way too harsh for my skin, even if they keep it from breaking/drying out. When I saw the commercial for the Simple products, I was pretty excited.

I bought this product, the moisturized facial wash, the night cream, and the light moisture day cream. I use the scrub and night cream at night (since the cream's much heavier than what I would need during the day), and the moisture wash and cream during the day, and so far I've loved the results. The products are nice and easy on my skin, the moisturizers work very well, and there's no break-outs or rashes that I've been prone to in the past.

It's safe to say that I love this stuff.

I've seen other reviews where they complain about the scent? To be honest, I haven't even noticed the smell, though it could just be because I wash the scrub right off. So I don't think you have to worry about being overwhelmed by a chemically scent, 'cause I'm very picky about scents and I haven't noticed anything about this stuff.
on June 3, 2016
I really liked all the simple products I bought the facial wipes are gentle and leaves my skin feeling clean. The facial scrub has just enough grainy substance to get rid of the dead skin cells. The simple roll on is cooling and feels wonderful on a hot day. The simple cleanser liquid is just perfect it gets my skin clean.
on May 2, 2016
I love this product it's one of the very few that I've been using for years and I have not been disappointed with, does not dry my skin too much but removes just enough also will continue to use it as long as it's available
on April 14, 2012
I have mixed feelings about this facial scrub. It contains rice granules which is what scrubs your face but the granules are bigger than I expected, though I guess they do what they're supposed to do. What really surprised me about this product was the strong scent. The scent is almost like a lemony cleanser - I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but it is MUCH stronger than I expected for a product that claims to have no artificial perfumes. The scrub does wash off nicely and doesn't leave a film or anything on your face, and afterwards your face does feel very smooth. I didn't experience any breakouts or anything when I switched which was a bonus. Overall I like the product but if scented products bother you, this one will likely be too strong and I would suggest finding an alternative.
Package Quantity: 2|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not a regular exfoliater--my wife is the one with the medicine cabinet full of exotic facial products--but when my skin started to break out she recommended I try this "Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub" to give my face a good clean. So I gave it a shot.

It's nice. It feels nice scrubbing in. There are grainy bits in here that take the old skin off and leave your skin fresh and shiny. (If you believe the packaging, the grainy bits are made of rice!) I don't have very sensitive skin, so I wasn't bothered in any way, and I definitely felt cleaner after using this.

The packaging claims that this scrub is dye and perfume free, but there is a definite scent and it isn't a nice one. I've seen a few reviews describe it as "windex-like" and that is about it. It's a strange, clinical smell. Not something I would associate with natural ingredients. But again, if you look at the packaging, you see that this facial scrub is far from all-natural. Lots of chemical products in the list.

My wife loves this scrub and uses it every night before she goes to bed. I'm not that regimented, but it is nice to have to use every once in awhile when I need it.
on March 21, 2015
I don't really like the smell of this product but its nice and gentle. Its the first face scrub I've ever used that didn't suck all the moisture out of my face. It rinses off your skin fairly easily also. Simple is a beauty product line that I am beginning to enjoy very much. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't agitate it.
on December 16, 2014
After Origins changed their formulas or discontinued the products I used, I needed to find a replacement that was suitable for sensitive skin. The “Simple” product line was the answer. The Simple Foaming Cleanser, Simple Soothing Facial Toner, Simple Soothing Eye Balm, Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer, Simple Soothing Facial Scrub are gentle, effective, and do not cause breakouts.
VINE VOICEon April 22, 2013
Package Quantity: 2|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub. This is an awesome product. It is good for scrubbing the face. I love washing my face, and I love that tingling, clean feel. There is nothing better than at the end of they day, makeup is removed, and face is clean, fresh, and tingly. Sounds cozy to me! Awesome product.

I highly recommend this product. Especially if you like to pamper yourself!