5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the EFFORT!
I purchased this book a few years ago and browsed through it thinking, "Wow, great stuff!" But I never bothered to do the exercises at the end of each chapter (too much effort) and never finished more than a few chapters. Unpacking boxes after a recent move, I rediscovered the book and decided to give it another 'go'.

Having just completed the first several...
Published on September 19, 2006 by Amber Gin

3.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring examples to lift you to success
I really loved the examples in this book they are very powerful and down to earth. The best example was about how "your brain is more valuable than any computer could be and they earn millions of dollars for companies and it is impossible not to make that kind of money when you are already worth more than that"!!! This books help you understand that its success is truly...
Published on November 10, 2007 by El Coyote

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the EFFORT!, September 19, 2006
Amber Gin (Oceanside, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simple Steps to Impossible Dreams: The 15 Power Secrets of the World's Most Successful People (Paperback)

Having just completed the first several chapters' worth of "Power Secret" exercises, I can feel decades worth of bad programming draining away leaving me more receptive to - and excited about - actually achieving my dreams. Each chapter has taken me about 45 minutes worth of thinking and writing per day. Too much, you say? No! It's not too much if it sets you on the right path. How much are your dreams worth to you?

Exercises include:

1.)Reprogramming Your On-Board Computer (getting rid of damaging self-concepts)

2.)Overcoming Fear of Failure

12.)Acquiring the Discipline of Winning Most of the Time

13.)Taking Control of Your Life, One Minute at a Time

14.)Acquiring the Fuel of Passion

15.)Flipping the Switch

Your dreams can be anything from 'having the most consistently intimate and rewarding relationship with my spouse', to 'writing a bestseller', to 'breaking away from a bad habit', to 'taking a trip around the world'. This book will help you gather the confidence and vision you need to make your dreams come true.

5.0 out of 5 stars "If You Found Aladdin's Lamp...What Would You Wish For?", April 21, 2002
A. Wolverton (Crofton, MD United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
That's Scott's first question. His second: What are your dreams? Have they come true, or are they stagnant? Scott shows us that most of us are kept from living out our dreams by six chains:
Mediocrity
Fear of failure
Avoiding criticism
Lack of vision
Lack of knowledge
Lack of resources
All of these chains can be broken and replaced by seven booster engines that will ignite your dreams into reality.
What makes this book better than other motivational books? First, Scott gives you assignments at the end of each chapter. Second, they take time. You can't rush through the book. Third, you may have to face some tough facts about yourself. But looking at yourself honestly is vital to making your dreams live.
Most people don't act on their dreams. That's too bad. But just reading this book will take you part of the way to achieving your dreams. The exercises will take you even farther. But first, you've got to buy the book. So buy it. Now. Take the first step.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Shoot for the Moon" Book!, March 5, 2001
Billy Glenn Taylor (Ft Worth, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
There are those books you read and put on the shelf, and there are those books that you re-read, highlight, recommend to friends, quote, and keep on top of your desk to remind you of what the author said. This is one such book. As a business owner Steve has given me great insight as to how to go beyond what I would count as success to the dream level. This book gives step-by-step guidelines to "shoot for the moon" and achieve far more than you expect. Hands down, the best book I have read in the last 12 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars best thing I have done for myself in years, November 5, 1998
By A Customer
I met Steven K. Scott on a plane trip from Salt Lake City to Phila. About mid-way through the flight, Steven spoke to myself and my wife after he returned to his seat. He had been entertaining his 2 sons since there was no movie on the flight, and we were enjoying his conversation. He asked for my business card and said that he would send me a book he had written. Well, he did send me the book and I will be forever grateful for it. We enjoyed his company on the plane but now wish we had more time with him. His book has been a great inspiration to me even though I haven't even finished reading it . My wife is pestering me to read it as soon as I am finished. Thank you Steve, you have made a difference in my life. I have had many dreams over the years and like others have been restricted by criticism etc. and haven't bothered persuing them. Now I know I was right and will go after my dreams with vigor. I think I have restricted my dreams to things that were within my reach but now I know I am capable of fulfilling any dream. Also my wife wants Steveto know that although we had a great trip- Steven was the highlight of the trip and I am sure the book will do wonders for her also. Thank you sincerely Steven. Chief of Police Joseph J. Kaiser and Cookie

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has and will change lives, February 12, 1999
By A Customer
Before I tell you how empowering this book is, I need to make it very clear to you, that it ONLY will make your impossible dreams come true, IF YOU DO the WORK.
Steven Scotts' approach to making dreams come true, small step after small step, is the one that finally did it for me. Often just setting goals is a frightning thing for many of us who are malcontent but do not know what they really want. Here we find the road-map not just to improve all aspects of our life, this is the map to have us dream big and then make the dreams reality. Scott showes us how to do all that and so much more. This book will be a classic. IT IS A CLASSIC. I have been recommending this book to everybody complaining about bad relationships, lack of money, unhappy job situations, trouble with children as well as to those who want more for themselves and their children. Make this a gift to yourself and every body whom you care about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Accurate, and very well thought out!, August 3, 1999
This book is the "Gentle kick in the seat of the pants" we all need to turn our dreams into reality. The book simply lays out an easy to follow step by step process that will get real results for you! It makes turning your dreams into a playful game!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, February 1, 1999
I tend to read so many self help books but never do the exercises. I read this incredible book once through, tried the exercises and then put the book down when I realized it was going to be tough. I recently picked it up again because I felt that it contained so many important things in it that would provide me with the tools I needed to succeed. I think you may very likely find that just beginning the process of reading and doing the exercises in the book will empower you.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the "success" books that actually delivers specific strategies that you can use, January 19, 2007
Jeffrey Neil (internetbusinessreport.com) - See all my reviews
This is the earlier version of another book that had more fluff plus 2 more recent projects, one which he sells for well over 100 dollars.

Learn the basics here.

I have realized that he writes his books to wet your appetite for the higher priced courses, the best value being a cd series you can buy (do a search for his name if you want it)

Having said that I think he does a better job of revealing his strategies in this version than he does in the next, more recent book, where he basically says much of the same over again.

Here you will find ways to improve your business or personal life. What I did find most profound was the fact that I actually use some of these strategies before I knew of this material, and they really do work.

You will learn such things has how to properly utilize and handle criticism (hard for many entreprenuers), as well as improve professional and personal relationships by understanding others points of view, and how to get others to listen and understand you as well. I can tell you that these strategies to translate well into the professional life of an entrepreneur.

It touches on 15 different strategies to help you change your life:

1.)Reprogramming Your On-Board Computer (getting rid of damaging self-concepts)

2.)Overcoming Fear of Failure

12.)Acquiring the Discipline of Winning Most of the Time

13.)Taking Control of Your Life, One Minute at a Time

14.)Acquiring the Fuel of Passion

15.)Flipping the Switch

While I do feel that there is a bit of a over self flattering in all his materials there are some valueable lessons here for those that don't want to spend 80 to hundreds of dollars for his higher priced courses

Especially at this low price point on amazon, having said all this, it really is a deal, with some great tips with actual *real* strategies (that work) to help you rather than some rah rah book designed to just pump you up.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star book Must Read, May 18, 2005
To achieve great financial success, you must dream big. Big dream bring big money. Small dream bring small money. As simple as that. Are you dreaming big everyday?

This 5 star book give you enough solid reasons why every human can achieve greatness. Of so many books i read, ONLY THIS BOOK can give me a confirmation that big dream is achieveable!
NOT ONLY THAT, it shows you easy steps which anyone can follow!

Two more unique BONUS in this book:
1. Build a great relationship by understanding a person's point of view/references.
2. Turning critisms into friendship.

Definitely worth your money!

Others Books recommended: The Law of Success, Think and grow Rich by Napoleon Hill!

5.0 out of 5 stars "If you are Criticsed and don't know how to cope with it", July 23, 2001
Gunasekar Rajendran (Chennai, Tamil Nadu India) - See all my reviews
For long time now I had been hunting for some book which would help me in overcoming criticsm at work and home. I found none for sometime and finally bought this one. The topics on Critiscm and how to cope with it are alone worth the money and to my astonishing knowledge I did find that particular paragraph of how to cope with critiscm seems to passing around as mails within my friends circle. That's really great.
-Guna