5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic minimalism!
I am a 57 yr old grandmother who lived a minimalist lifestyle during the difficult years as a young, single mother. Having remarried in 1989 to the best man I have ever known, my life seemed to improve in leaps and bounds by having more financial stability, and the opportunity to finish my education allowing better career opportunities. We live in a small house that we...
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm Finished With Blogger "Quickie" Books
This..."book"...is little more than a pamphlet if it were printed out. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was sucked in by a blogger's quickie attempt at a "book." These are all the rage these days with bloggers. I've since visited his blog and the "author" is quite enamored with having a "#1 Bestseller!" Well, of course, you offer a nice cover with a nice topic at a...
Published on December 9, 2011 by Mike Donovan

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplify simplified my life!, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
It was very difficult to come to terms with the fact that I was struggling with too many possessions. Of course we pay attention to the extreme cases. If we aren't like them, then we don't really have a problem. Simplify by Joshua Becker opened my eyes to that. I did have a problem! I needed all this stuff! And why??

After I learned techniques for reducing clutter with this book, I happened across another - Un-Clutter! 66 Routes to a Freer Life! Dr. Andrew M. Goodman. It allowed to me to tap into the mental blocks and obstacles that were making me a slave to consumerism. Both of these books drew out clear paths on moving forward in a free way. My life has never been the same since. All adults from all age groups must read this book for their own sanity and before we get in too deep with these issues! Remember, Simplify by Joshua Becker and Unclutter by Dr. Andrew M. Goodman will save your home and you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read!, November 11, 2011
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
This was a good way to understand how to be minimalist without going to the extreme. I love how the book explains that minimalism is beyond getting rid of stuff. It is so much more and the explanations are very clear. The principles taught are ones that can help someone rearrange all aspects of their life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new here, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
If you have ready any other books with similar titles, you have effectively read this book. Nice but nothing new here

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids and order CAN exist together!, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
I have always loved the idea of decluttering and keeping life simple and never realised i wasnt decluttering, i was organising and reorganising...i am a mother of four boys and a husband who is naturally a keeper of things so keeping things simple seemed like an impossibility. i had really resigned myself to the fact that 6 prople in one home was just destined to be a cluttered season in life. not so! This book gave me simple instructions and advise that inspired me to get started and stay on the simple track. My kids and husband have finally seen the light and love the space we have...they have all embraced the new lifestyle (they have usually been so hesitant). Not only do we have less, but we use it all and we know where it is! My attitude toward possessions has changed from wanting to hold onto things that may bless my life at some stage in the future, to using only what I need and blessing others by giving excess away or selling it really reasonably priced. I no longer find the urge to spend at every sale, I know where everything in my house lives and best of all I find greater value in empty spaces and surfaces more than I ever did in objects! We have more money, more time and greater ruthlessness... Unlike other books of this nature,I find myself feeling more inspired as I go rather that fizzling out after one purge. When I feel unsure about how much I am getting rid of, I continue referring to its pages to stay motivated...I have not once, missed anything that has left my home. Not once.
I recommend this to anyone who is really seeking some inspiration and looking for an over night change of heart!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great., November 25, 2011
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book but it seemed to be filled with nothing more than common sense anecdotes. I guess I was looking for something more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
Easy read, lots of good information. Clutter should never rule your life. Joshua Becker puts it in simple terms for anyone to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rational Minimalism, December 5, 2012
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
I love the personalization of this concept - common sense along with minimalism is a powerful tool for living a great life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great perspective on minimalism, October 27, 2012
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
I am just beginning my journey to living a more minimalist lifestyle. This book was a welcome change to some of the more extreme perspectives on minimalism. I'm definitely not ready to strip down to nothing but a bed and a few orange crates to sit on. Joshua Becker's book, Simplify, focuses on stripping away the things that can distract us from living a life of purpose, while having time and energy for those we love. He reminds us that the things in life that are really important are not "things" at all. I don't want to stress out over trying to become a minimalist. I just want to learn to simplify my life. This is the perfect book to get me started on the right track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, clear and concise!, July 5, 2012
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book from cover to cover. Joshua has a wonderful way of "clarifying the waters" when it comes to explaining just what it means to Simplify.
" Simplify" is a book that is like a clear map for those starting the journey towards a more minimalistic lifestyle without being too intimidating and staunch, just for the sake of rebelling against consumerism.

It is a book worth reading over and over again until the principles and guidelines discussed sink in.
This book is well written, well structured and concise.

Joshua takes the fear out of tackling the first steps towards minimalism in this book and I found the book inspiring and motivating.

3.0 out of 5 stars The book is missing holistic view of the essence of simplifying, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
Google "simple living" and you would find better information in the first five links than what you would find in this book. I bought this book after seeing quiet a number of positive reviews. The book did not meet my expectation, simply because the author does not clearly articulate the essence of simple living. The book is missing a holistic view of simple living. However, it does describe benefits of simplifying and how and where one could declutter things in their life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›