5.0 out of 5 stars Great Holiday Find!
Published on October 29, 2009 by Renee Fisher

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good of quality as I was hoping for.
The binder rings were unglued from the spine of the binder. The pages were smaller than a regular sized binder paper and it did not seem to be as good of quality as I would like. The information is good though.
Published 13 months ago by Linda Iverson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Holiday Find!, October 29, 2009
This review is from: Simplify Your Holidays: A Christmas Planner to Use Year after Year (Ring-bound)
For a young, independent professional I look forward to the holidays as a chance to reconnect with my family and get into the holiday spirit. It's hard because I don't have a lot of time or resources, and Marcia does a great job of connecting me with what really matters. Her Six Sections (Plan, Gifts, Cards & Decoration, Events, December 1-25, and Food) help simplify my life in the midst of the typical chaos we all feel around the holiday season. I encourage everyone to pick up a copy today!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Christmas planner that let's you customize it, December 28, 2010
I bought this holiday planner because I was hosting my very first Christmas for my family. I'm someone who often bites off more than I can chew and then doesn't accomplish much.

As for the looks, it's bigger than I expected. Not a paperback or small book size, but actually a large 3-ring notebook. It has space for you to add in all your gift lists, recipes, address lists, etc. It's visually appealing, well-constructed, and the 3-ring binder system should allow me to keep important Christmas documents, like card address lists from previous years.

Will this planner make you more organized? Yes.

But you'll need to follow it's instructions. You'll get more done at the holidays with somewhat less stress. However, it's basic advice is to start early. It has a phenomenal section that lays out all you need to do for the holidays on a week-by-week plan. This is really the highlight and adjusts based on when you start your Christmas chores, 8 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 weeks, or 10 days before the holiday.

I was on the four week plan and certainly got lots of tasks done with less stress at Christmas than ever before. However, I still felt rushed on gift shopping and the final baking of the holiday meal because I didn't plan that one out at all. I'll try the 8 week plan next year and get my Christmas shopping done much earlier.

It does offer tips to make the season easier, although these were limited or not very useful. Decorating and party tips don't make the job easier but might spur creativity.

Beware there's a large section that retells the Christmas story with an effort to keep your mind on the true meaning of the season while you fuss over whether you mailed your holiday packages by Dec. 5th or not. If you're religious, you'll likely enjoy this section. Although unnecessary/unrelated to the main purpose of organization, it is tasteful and well done. If you're non-religious it's easy enough to ignore.

Considering that this book's topic is a holiday with religious origins, I can't fault the author for including it and I feel like it enhances the books usefulness for some, while not detracting from it for others.

However, it's a good holiday planner that I will use next year too.

5.0 out of 5 stars CBN.com Review, January 8, 2009
"Simplify your Holidays" is a big, red, loose-leaf book filled with an impressive amount of helpful information and organizational tools to help women cross over from stressed to blessed this holiday season. It's well-structured, and put together in such a way that it can be used year after year. I would especially recommend "Simplify your Holidays" to busy moms, or for those women who do quite a bit of entertaining over the holiday season.

5.0 out of 5 stars running late, January 10, 2011
The holidays usually are here before I know it. I am not a good time manager. This planner is great. The schedules are completely do-able. It gives you plenty of time to get everything done. A little here and a little there and before you know it you're ready to enjoy the holiday. It also has great master lists that you can copy and use every year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplify Your Holidays ~ Enjoy Them Once Again!, October 30, 2009
Jan Hoover (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
Once again Marcia Ramsland delivers a great plan for meeting the goal ~ to enjoy the holidays with less stress and more peace. Her insights provide clear focus with a choice of roadmaps for navigating the extra activities and busy social calendar of the season. I applaud her ability to capture the details of the big picture and present them in simple steps to be accomplished in manageable time frames. Surprisingly, pages don't read like a "to do" list, rather as though Marcia is a good friend sitting nearby giving gently guidance. Also, love the related TIPS from numerous contributing authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars De-Stress the Holidayas!, October 30, 2009
With all of the commercialism of Christmas, it's easy to lose sight of what is important - Christ's birth and relationships! This book provides the tools to "Simplify your Holidays" to focus on the TRUE reason for the season!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can Do This!!!, October 30, 2009
Everyone desires a peaceful Christmas and Simplify Your Holidays enables us to have a well-planned, meaningful holiday season. Marcia Ramsland, the Organizing Pro, helps us realize that "the holidays are as much a matter of organization as they are a matter of the heart"-- and succeed at both. I love the colorful notebook that I can pull off my bookshelf yearly with my gift list, address list, holiday recipes, pictures, journal, and notes all in one place. It is a treasure for a heart warming Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Packed, October 30, 2009
For years, Marcia has been encouraging and equipping women to simplify their lives. In seminars, in magazine articles, for over 30 years she has diligently shared her wisdom, honed from her own life experience as a busy mom, leader and organizer. This new book is powerpacked with proven tools so helpful to the busy woman. Thanks Marcia for taking all those years of hard work and wisdom and putting together in one place a way to maximize the holidays for true enjoyment of family and faith. applause.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter bought this for me because I always stressed about getting everything done., March 9, 2014
This was given as a gift and I have to say if used as instructed you will have a stress free holiday season. It certainly relieves the stress of getting everything done and having the time to enjoy "The reason for the season".

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good of quality as I was hoping for., June 5, 2013

Simplify Your Holidays: A Christmas Planner to Use Year after Year
Simplify Your Holidays: A Christmas Planner to Use Year after Year by Marcia Ramsland (Ring-bound - September 16, 2008)
Used & New from: $0.01