Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 25, 2008
Contrary to the opinion of some reviewers, this book does not teach flowers taught in Wilton classes. I was a Wilton instructor for 5 years and taught all of their classes including the new fondant and gumpaste class. These gumpaste flowers are incredibly lifelike and easy to make if you have any experience with gumpaste. The cake designs suggested are also very creative and impressive. I am happy to have this book in my collection.
on June 23, 2006
don't be afraid of this book! it is very similar to wilton in many of the techniques but it also applies a more realistic edge than the cheap and fake looking flowers that wilton teaches you to make. if you're the kind of person that finds it easy to follow pictures this MAY be the book for you. a very nice chef once showed me this book and it was the only thing that could get me to make some really nice looking flowers :) to each their own i suppose.
on April 8, 2011
Book seems nice, but there are only about 6 illustrations per flower. In my opinion not enough to go by. i am more of a see it and do it type then a read it and do it type so if you are like me I suggest finding a different book. these flowers look like silk or paper when done, so it is nice, but I have only been able to create two of the flowers so far with success.
on May 28, 2012
I bought this book to learn more about creating sugar flowers. I didn't find it to be very helpful. I think it needs a few more illustrative pictures. If you're a experienced cake decorator, this may be simple enough for you, but beginners might want to pass on this one and find a book that begins with more simple designs that work up to the more detailed flowers. I had difficulty keeping my flowers from cracking and breaking when I rolled them out as thin as they're illustrated in the book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2011
Excellent service and wonderful book. Look forward to trying out flowers which I haven't made before, and using cold porcelain instead of moulding icing.
on February 14, 2014
Just learning & I bought several sugar flower books. I liked this one the best. I especially liked her foliage instructions better than the other books.
on November 19, 2013
Wife didn't even open book. Stopped with cake decorating. Might go back to it someday....Seems to have alot of info for cake decrating
on January 7, 2015
beautiful book, plenty of learning to be had
on June 27, 2010
Wonderful beautiful and informative book.
on September 30, 2008
It has a lot of helpful techniques but I thought it would have a much larger library of flowers to choose from.