5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff in here!
Published on December 17, 2005 by Lainy

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely for Beginners Only
Published on August 1, 2008 by Carey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff in here!, December 17, 2005
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
After someone gave me a bracelet recently, it was my first introduction to beading. I borrowed several beginner-beading books in an attempt to understand how to make beaded jewelry for gifts. Simply Beautiful Beading is the only book that covered everything I was looking for. It explains and illustrates different types of beads, wires, clasps, etc. and how to use them and has everything explained so well for the beginner. But don't let the subtitle of the book, "53 Quick and Easy Projects" let you think you won't find imagination and beauty in the patterns in this book. Many of the projects are ones I will actually use. Too many authors go to extremes to get something different in their books by creating things out of beads that are either just plain ridiculous, or far too expensive to make even if you wanted to do it. Heidi Boyde instead uses her imagination on designing simple projects in jewelry, accessories, and home accents that are different enough to be unique and yet be easy enough for beginners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, September 1, 2005
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
I love this book because the instructions are easy to follow and the projects are fun. If you are a beginner, this is the book for you. It gives you all of the basics of beading and explains what all of the little gadgets and tools are for.

I have several beading books, but this is the one that I pull out and use every time. The pictures inspire my creativity.

Don't feel like making jewelry? Try the bumble bee project. Perfect gift for a teenage girl? The charm bracelet is beautiful and easy....it took me less than an hour and a half to make it.

Great book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy yet beautiful projects for beginners, March 20, 2005
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
I love this book. I am a beginner in beading and followed the instructions in this books, I've made two beautiful bracelets easily. The beading projects in this book are easy but produce very beautiful results. I think it is a great book for beginners. I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely for Beginners Only, August 1, 2008
Carey (Sedona. AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
I have not been beading for very long, but the projects in this book seem more for kids than adults. On the plus side, there is good information on tools and materials and instuctions are easy to follow with good photos. On the down side, of the 53 projects there are only 3 or 4 that I would actually make and a whole lot (30%+) that would appeal only to pre-teens. Factor in another 25-30% for "home accents" and "accessories" (candle decorations, napkin holders, etc.) and there isn't much left if you are interested, as I am, in jewelry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, April 28, 2006
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
This book is great for the beginning beader. My daughter and I have great fun pulling ideas from this book and creating projects. The instructions are very clear and easy. The jewelery and other projects turn out beautifully.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for beginners, April 24, 2007
Tassu (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
If this is your first beading book you might find useful information here. If you've been beading for some time this book offers nothing, the projects are way too simple, more for kids than adults. It feels that the author is only starting with beading herself, she has not learned enough to teach others. There are so much better beading books out there, don't waste your money on this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, July 10, 2006
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
Great illustrations and pictures. It's taken away a lot of the mystery - no I feel much more confident.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply beautiful beading, January 6, 2008
ddk165 (cincinnati, oh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
This is a great book! Easy-to-follow instructions for great jewelry. Every design is great for beginners and experience alike. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun bead projects, April 6, 2009
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
I love the projects in this beading book. The book has over 50 beading projects. Each has very detailed steps with descriptive pictures to show how to make each project. There are projects ranging from bracelets, earrings, ponytail holders, barrettes, to napkin rings. Each project has a detailed list of materials and 4-5 photos to explain how to make the item.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously for beginners only, August 15, 2011
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Beading (Paperback)
I was very disappointed with this book. I am a novice beader yet this book was below my expectations. It is my second book I purchased and I am selling it at a flea market. I must say I learned about the difference in tiger tail and flex wire and also how to crimp a bead properly - that's why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. That being said this book appears to have been written by an advanced novice. Unfortunately I want to learn from an expert. The book is full of projects but if you don't like to copy other people's work it is almost useless.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Simply Beautiful Beading
Simply Beautiful Beading by Heidi Boyd (Paperback - August 19, 2004)
$19.99 $14.25