4.0 out of 5 stars It's nice stuff....BUT!!!!!!
We purchased this set from another venue.

When you first open the box and see the new set you are thrilled. Especially if your old set that you just replaced was horrible.

BUT after you have had it a while you start to realize that owning this set of cookware requires a LOT of effort on your part to keep it looking nice.

The bottoms...
Published on December 26, 2009 by Karen E.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with terrible customer service from Calpalon
Published on July 18, 2010 by Pamela Schafer

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with terrible customer service from Calpalon, July 18, 2010
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
I invested in this set almost 4 years ago. I had this set for less then 2 years when I noticed that some pans were showing signs of peeling. I never washed the pans in the dish washer and I only own bamboo and plastic utensils so I knew the peeling was not from my neglect. I called the Calphalon customer service number and was told I would need to ship the entire set back (at my own expense). I was told it would take 6-8 weeks before I would be notified whether or not the cookware was going to be covered under the warranty. If the cookware was not going to be covered I would be responsible for return shipping on the cookware set. NOT the kind of customer service I would expect from a company as well known as Calphaon. I have purchased cheaper cookware at a big box store and had it last longer then 2-4 years. I will have to replace this cookware and will not be doing it with any products in the Calphalon line.

2.0 out of 5 stars Either save your money and buy a cheaper set or spend more and get something better, December 23, 2008
I was given this set a year and a half ago and so far have had to send back three pieces because of the nonstick finish. I will say I like cooking with the anodized - it heats faster and retains heat well so it is easier to cook with. But the nonstick finish they put on this cookware is terrible. It flakes off and scratches easily. I baby them, follow all directions, etc. only use silicone or wood utensils. In my opinion the surface should not scratch if you are using an approved utensil. Calphalon has been good about honoring their warranty and have replaced everything I sent back so far but I am getting tired of having to keep sending things back. As money permits I am gradually replacing mine with Le Creuset. I don't know if the higher end Calphalon is better, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on it with the experience I've had with this set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Well at least the price has gone down., November 4, 2010
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
When I bought this set 3 years ago, it cost me about $300. I thought I was making a long term "investment". I was super careful with them, as was my husband. We never stacked the pots, we cleaned then with cloth, we used wooden spoons and plastic utensils in them. The small sauce pot is still doing ok, and the stock pot is still working out great (I must admit, we use these two pots infrequently). But the other pots and pans are all just about shot. The non-stick coating on the large skillet just started popping off in tiny shreds one day, all in the food. And once that breach was made, it was all over for that pot. Large chunks started chipping. My guess is that it got "too hot" when cooking... i hear a rumor that you are not supposed to cook on Hi with these pans, though I didn't read that anywhere when i bought them. The large sauce pot's non-stick coating didn't pop off like that, it just started to kind of dissolve away. Who knows how much of it we ended up eating. And now I read on the net that even the fumes of this non-stick stuff are toxic. Anyhow, we are tossing them after 3 years and switching to cast iron. Pretty short lived, if you ask me, but at least the price has gone down.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's nice stuff....BUT!!!!!!, December 26, 2009
Karen E. (Northglenn, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
We purchased this set from another venue.

The bottoms darken easily and need constant attention to make them look good.

On our particular set, the largest saucepan interior was "bubbled". Well....we are NOT everyday cooks in this house and it only took a few months for the interior finish to begin chipping off the pan.

We had to go out and buy all new utensils and special scrubbers etc. to clean these pans. Most things we had in our drawer just didn't work well with this set. Stick a metal fork in it once and IT'S DONE!

Remember....NO dishwashers, NO metal utensils, NO harsh chemicals, NO abrasive scrubbers, NO cooking spray, NO stacking of pans, NO contact with other surfaces or the exterior WILL scratch!

In short....these pans take your full attention but when you buy anything worth having, you are willing to expend the extra energy and time to take good care of it.

If it weren't for the interior surface chips, I would have to give this set an "ALMOST PERFECT" score!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly fantastic, June 27, 2010
Seems to scratch a bit easily, even when using non-metal utensils. None of the scratches appear to be actual damage to the pots or pans - there's no peeling or ruined coating as would happen with a cheaper pan. I've had these for a few months and they're holding up great, just marked slightly. Other than that, they're great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money!!, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
This set doesn't even deserve one star. My husband purchased this set from Amazon about 6 months ago and we recently threw out the last pan. We used all the proper utensils and washing methods and the coating still peeled off almost immediately. We've never had to treat a set of pans this gingerly and it still was impossible to keep the flecks of coating from showing up in our food. This is a serious safety issue.

After being told by Caphalon that it needed to be sent back at our expense, we opted to discard it and never buy Caphalon again. You should think about your family's health before buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Choice in Non-Stick, November 23, 2010
I've had nothing but excellent results and experiences with this cookware. For the money, I think it's the best you can get. I may use silicone & wood utensils to cook with, and the blue scotchbrite pads to clean them, but I sure as heck don't baby them, and I don't put anything between them when storing. I honestly don't know what some of these other reviewers are talking about. I've had no difficulty cleaning around the rivets, either, and I don't make any superhuman efforts to do so. I've had this set (plus additional pieces in the Simply Calphalon line) for almost a year, use them everyday, and I love 'em to pieces.

*Update - January 1, 2012: Still in use, still doing a great job. So much so, that I've added additional open-stock pieces. Love this stuff!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Quality Control!!, December 9, 2010
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
I wanted to take the whole thing back before I even started to cook with it. The 3-Quart saute pan did not have a flat surface. The inside of the pan was covered with very small raised points, as if fine metal droplets had splattered on the pan before being coated with the non-stick coating. I figured I'd just take the pan back and keep the rest of the set, until I cooked something with it.

I made a pot of mixed wild rice, using only a plastic rice spoon to fluff the rice when it was done. Once the rice was out, I noticed that the non-stick coating had begun to bubble off of the pan, and when I touched it, the non-stick coating came right off!! That was the last straw. These pans are horrible!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, great lids, affordable, November 6, 2012
My husband received a Visa gift card for Christmas last year and decided to splurge on cookware. Otherwise, we might never have known how wonderful "real" cookware could be!

The set we bought consisted of a 10" skillet along with an omelet pan. Because we simmer many of our dishes, we added a large skillet complete with a glass lid. Not only are these lids substantial and high quality, they are glass so we can watch our food as it cooks without having to remove the lid and lose the heat.

Of course the saucepans with lids are amazing.... So nice to have pans WITH LIDS! Stock pot and lid cooks chicken and dumplings like a dream.

Do know that Calphalon cookware comes in a variety of qualities and prices. Williams-Sonoma is a good place to compare these products. Once I felt of each line, I understood the difference. Nice thing is, regardless of the price, they all have a really high quality finish that you will be proud to own!

MY FAVORITE PROS:

These skillets go from stovetop to oven when you need to finish a dish off in the oven.

The insides, as long as you don't use metal utensils, last for years.

It is also great to be able to add pieces as you can afford them. No one will be the wiser.

CONS:

The handles are a bit heavy so the skillets (not the pans) sometimes tilt when they are empty.

Overall, these are attractive, high quality cookware pieces that are well worth the money. In addition, many times there are promotional pieces that run about $30 / skillet so you can try before you buy an entire set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product!!!, April 15, 2009
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
I was looking for quality when I purchased this set, and I got it! I read the instructions that followed it. I hand wash, use only plastic and wood utensils, and no non-stick cook spray. I couldn't be happier with them. Nothing sticks, the handles don't get hot, it's a pleasure cooking with them! (I have not tried them in the oven yet, but they are oven safe to a degree!)

Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set