4.0 out of 5 stars It's nice stuff....BUT!!!!!!
We purchased this set from another venue.

When you first open the box and see the new set you are thrilled. Especially if your old set that you just replaced was horrible.

BUT after you have had it a while you start to realize that owning this set of cookware requires a LOT of effort on your part to keep it looking nice.

The bottoms...
Published on December 26, 2009 by Karen E.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with terrible customer service from Calpalon
Published on July 18, 2010 by Pamela Schafer

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with terrible customer service from Calpalon, July 18, 2010
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
I invested in this set almost 4 years ago. I had this set for less then 2 years when I noticed that some pans were showing signs of peeling. I never washed the pans in the dish washer and I only own bamboo and plastic utensils so I knew the peeling was not from my neglect. I called the Calphalon customer service number and was told I would need to ship the entire set back (at my own expense). I was told it would take 6-8 weeks before I would be notified whether or not the cookware was going to be covered under the warranty. If the cookware was not going to be covered I would be responsible for return shipping on the cookware set. NOT the kind of customer service I would expect from a company as well known as Calphaon. I have purchased cheaper cookware at a big box store and had it last longer then 2-4 years. I will have to replace this cookware and will not be doing it with any products in the Calphalon line.

1.0 out of 5 stars Well at least the price has gone down., November 4, 2010
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
When I bought this set 3 years ago, it cost me about $300. I thought I was making a long term "investment". I was super careful with them, as was my husband. We never stacked the pots, we cleaned then with cloth, we used wooden spoons and plastic utensils in them. The small sauce pot is still doing ok, and the stock pot is still working out great (I must admit, we use these two pots infrequently). But the other pots and pans are all just about shot. The non-stick coating on the large skillet just started popping off in tiny shreds one day, all in the food. And once that breach was made, it was all over for that pot. Large chunks started chipping. My guess is that it got "too hot" when cooking... i hear a rumor that you are not supposed to cook on Hi with these pans, though I didn't read that anywhere when i bought them. The large sauce pot's non-stick coating didn't pop off like that, it just started to kind of dissolve away. Who knows how much of it we ended up eating. And now I read on the net that even the fumes of this non-stick stuff are toxic. Anyhow, we are tossing them after 3 years and switching to cast iron. Pretty short lived, if you ask me, but at least the price has gone down.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's nice stuff....BUT!!!!!!, December 26, 2009
Karen E. (Northglenn, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
We purchased this set from another venue.

The bottoms darken easily and need constant attention to make them look good.

On our particular set, the largest saucepan interior was "bubbled". Well....we are NOT everyday cooks in this house and it only took a few months for the interior finish to begin chipping off the pan.

We had to go out and buy all new utensils and special scrubbers etc. to clean these pans. Most things we had in our drawer just didn't work well with this set. Stick a metal fork in it once and IT'S DONE!

Remember....NO dishwashers, NO metal utensils, NO harsh chemicals, NO abrasive scrubbers, NO cooking spray, NO stacking of pans, NO contact with other surfaces or the exterior WILL scratch!

In short....these pans take your full attention but when you buy anything worth having, you are willing to expend the extra energy and time to take good care of it.

If it weren't for the interior surface chips, I would have to give this set an "ALMOST PERFECT" score!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money!!, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
This set doesn't even deserve one star. My husband purchased this set from Amazon about 6 months ago and we recently threw out the last pan. We used all the proper utensils and washing methods and the coating still peeled off almost immediately. We've never had to treat a set of pans this gingerly and it still was impossible to keep the flecks of coating from showing up in our food. This is a serious safety issue.

After being told by Caphalon that it needed to be sent back at our expense, we opted to discard it and never buy Caphalon again. You should think about your family's health before buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product!!!, April 15, 2009
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
I was looking for quality when I purchased this set, and I got it! I read the instructions that followed it. I hand wash, use only plastic and wood utensils, and no non-stick cook spray. I couldn't be happier with them. Nothing sticks, the handles don't get hot, it's a pleasure cooking with them! (I have not tried them in the oven yet, but they are oven safe to a degree!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Quality Control!!, December 9, 2010
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
I wanted to take the whole thing back before I even started to cook with it. The 3-Quart saute pan did not have a flat surface. The inside of the pan was covered with very small raised points, as if fine metal droplets had splattered on the pan before being coated with the non-stick coating. I figured I'd just take the pan back and keep the rest of the set, until I cooked something with it.

I made a pot of mixed wild rice, using only a plastic rice spoon to fluff the rice when it was done. Once the rice was out, I noticed that the non-stick coating had begun to bubble off of the pan, and when I touched it, the non-stick coating came right off!! That was the last straw. These pans are horrible!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Quaility Non-Stick Set, December 23, 2009
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
I gave this as an early Christmas gift for my wife. She absolutely had to have a set of non-stick cookware. She loves them.

*Pros
Sharp Looking Anodized Aluminum Finish, Solid Feeling, Comfortable Silicone/Steel Handles, Made of Thick Solid Aluminum, Heats much quicker then Stainless Steel. Cleanup is a Breeze, Good Weight sits firmly on the stove when empty). Great Value, Amazon/Calphalon even threw in a free 12" "bonus everyday pan" separate from the set.

*Cons
Anodized Aluminum doesn't like your silverware nor does the non-stick. Many things you have to remember not to do. No Metal Objects, Handwash only, No Stacking, No Green Scrub Pads, No Cooking Spray, - That is if you want them to last a while. Also if you have a stainless steel sink, I wouldn't allow them to touch that unless you don't care about the appearance of the black anodized aluminum. Or if you do, you could polish them with the alum polish they sell every once in a while.

Overall my wife and I are both very pleased with this set. Even though it has all the drawbacks associated with a non-stick set and then some, we've managed to find that the clean up, speed of cooking, and Looks outweigh the negatives. Gave it five stars because it works like it should.

1.0 out of 5 stars pain in the rear to clean, September 27, 2010
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
I'm very disappointed with these. They cook really well, the problem comes when you go to clean them. The handles are attached to the pans using fasteners which come through to the inside of the pans. Food cooks onto and around these and is near impossible to get off, defeating the purpose of having non-stick cookware. The $40 set of teflon cookware I had before this was easier to clean. I'll be getting rid of these when I have a chance and getting something else, maybe another cheap walmart set.

2.0 out of 5 stars Glad I didn't pay for these!, September 29, 2010
Victoria (SF North Bay) - See all my reviews
PLEASE SEE MY UPDATES TO THIS ATROCIOUS ZERO-QUALITY-CONTROL COOKWARE:

Original review: Do not waste your money. I received these as a gift last Christmas...and the interior of the pans look like they're already several yrs old. I don't even cook everyday, so they have not had heavy use. I've used only wooden or plastic utensils, and a washcloth to clean...no scrubbers of any kind. My primary complaint is that the interior surfaces become marred from even the wood/plastic utensils and the coating becomes thinner over a short time. [Have I then been ingesting minuscule bits of "teflon" coating in my food?] Also the outer gray texturing is easily scratched, and the scratches are then very visible as the aluminum underneath is a silver color. To their credit, the pans do cook evenly and the handles don't get hot, but many inexpensive sets have those features.

I always thought the name Calphalon meant quality. Perhaps it does with their Commercial cookware, but the 10-pc Simply Calphalon set is "simply" a disappointment. I say pass on these.

Dec 2013 "FINAL" Updates!!

I continue getting inquiries regarding these so please see my latest and final remarks about my nearly four years experience with this abysmal cookware [plus the excellent T-fal set which trumps these hands-down at half the price.] If you're interested, you can find the comments under the blue "answered questions" link near the top of the product page; mine are under the question, "what is the interior surface made of?"

P.S. Forgot to mention in any previous comments: the lids are interchangeable but that is likely only because they do not fit ANY of the pans or skillets precisely. There is approx 3/8" play in the fit of the lids on my set, and with no steam exhaust vents in them you will find a sticky puddle around your burners when cooking rice or other grains, where it has bubbled out ot the gaps. [This would be even worse on the newer flat glass stovetops, as the drippings would end up crusted on the bottom of the pans!]

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid like the plague!!!, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set (Kitchen)
I received this set for my wedding less than 2 years ago. Now, every pot has started flaking in the middle.
I have never washed any of these pots in the dishwasher, and have always used plastic or wooden utensils. I use at least one pot every day, but take very good care of them.
I inquired into sending these back to Calphalon, but the shipping was near $70. Luckily, I received these as a gift from Bed Bath and Beyond and was able to return them to them using my wedding registry as my receipt almost two years after getting them!!!
I do NOT recommend these at all.

Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set
$260.00 $149.99
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies