Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on November 24, 2013
Frontier is the producer of the fancy small glass spice containers called Simply Organic but the same organic is sold under Frontier brand in bigger quantities in silver bags. Frontier is a good brand and this is organic. Check prices due to variations in market. Oregano has a strong taste so I consume just small amount of it every night to get the benefits. Oregano gives me omega-3, 8% vitamin K and many anti-oxidants and disease preventing properties. One teaspoon contains not only six micrograms of bone-building vitamin K but also the same amount of antioxidants as three cups of spinach. Fresh has strong smell and taste anything over couple of months old will lose it sharpness and taste as well as nutrients. I never freeze and unfreeze spices since moisture will ruin its taste and form so purchasing the right quantity is as important as the brand regardless organic or conventional.

Carvacrol, a plant compound in the herb oregano, is effective against highly infectious Norovirus, a common cause of food-borne disease and a particular problem in nursing homes, hospitals, cruise ships and schools. Although unpleasant, the infection usually passes in a few days but it can pose a dangerous threat to some people with underlying medical problems. Experiments showed that carvacrol acts directly on the capsid, the tough shell of proteins surrounding the virus that encloses its genetic material. Oregano's chemical strips the virus of its `armor', a tough outer protein coat, making it more vulnerable and easier to destroy.

Oregano and Mustard seeds are one of a handful number of foods recommended by CDC during heavy flu season. Black, white and brown varieties, a cruciferous vegetable, in the same family as cabbage, brussels, sprouts and broccoli that when chewed up and eaten, the vegetables release substances called isothiocyanates, beneficial for lungs. High in selenium with anti-inflammatory properties, beneficial in treating medical conditions such as asthma and rheumatoid arthritis.

FRESHNESS: Fresh means nutritious and delicious. I consume lots of seeds, nuts, beans, grains, vegetables, etc. and freshness is a priority regardless of the brand so I always purchase my food ingredients in small quantities from reputable sellers with high turnover. When fresh, food is nutritious and that goes for any food in any form, from frozen to canned. Fresh food is nutritious as well as delicious since nutrients give food its delicious taste. When old or rancid, nutrients are gone and any food item becomes an empty calories with no taste and absolutely worthless regardless of the brand or price, organic or conventional.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2015
out of the 6 spices I purchased this and the Paprika were the only ones full. Have not tried it yet. see picture of the six with lids off(made sure they weren't used) and upside down...onion powder/garlic powder/paprika/oregano/ground cumin/chili powder
review image review image
on April 29, 2014
I love the Simply Organic herbs that I've bought. I grow my own herbs in the warmer months and dry them for use in the winter months, however, I do a lot of cooking and occasionally run out of my own. I have purchased dried oregano in the store and even the high-end "name brand" herbs have a kinda "moldy" smell to me which I hate. (dried oregano and basil seem to be the two that I really notice the "off" smell). This product is the closest I have found to my own dried herbs...fresh and smelling like the herb, not "off" in any way. I love the fact that they are organic as I grow my herbs that way without any chemical pesticides or fertilizers. Great product at a great price ($3.26)!
on July 21, 2013
I've been using simply organic products for many years and they never disappoint me. They always seems fresh with exceptionally good flavor. I like that they are packaged in glass containers, which seems to keep them fresh and viable until i've used all the oregano. good stuff.
on May 4, 2014
I have a planter in my yard with fresh oregano growing in it. Oregano is one of those spices that will actually taste better when dried. I do not know how they do it, but this tastes as good, or better than my own freshly dried oregano. I do use this product daily. I love the taste of fresh oregano and I am not always able to have my own, dried, available.
on February 13, 2014
Good spice, I usually buy the Simply Organic brand and have never had an issue with quality. Buying through the Subscribe & Save program is convenient and makes the product often cheaper than I can buy at the grocery store.
on October 27, 2013
This brand is great. It's almost like you just grew your herbs and are using them fresh!! I highly recommend the brand. I have a few others and as I have to replace my stock of herbs, I will be buying the Simply Organic brand from now on.
on April 20, 2014
I love this oregano. It has about as much flavor as you would hope to get in a dried herb. I have two jars of it -- (I use it a lot) so I won't run out. Just as a side note - I like the "square" jar - fits nicely on the shelf.
VINE VOICEon November 28, 2015
My niece lives in Hawaii where the beaches are gorgeous and the weather near perfect but the prices of spices are astronomical! She asked her favorite aunt to send her a few spices and of course, in order to stay her favorite aunt I sent her only the best, Simply Organic! Always fresh, always delicious and always fast shipping! Wouldn't send anything else to my favorite niece!
on June 25, 2014
This organic oregano is very fresh and has a very aromatic smell and taste. I have it on my subscription so that I can make sure I always have some in stock. It's a great addition to foods and salads.

See 1 answered question