5.0 out of 5 stars Finally we have Seasons!
Published on November 13, 2012 by Inspiring Insomnia

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as sims 2 seasons.
The sims 2 version of seasons was way better. I bought this expansions and didnt really notice anything different about the gameplay besides rain and my sim getting sick all the time.
Published 10 months ago by AnayaPapaya

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally we have Seasons!, November 13, 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
Seasons is the Sims 3 expansion I've been anxiously awaiting. I purchased every expansion up through Pets. Pets was a letdown for me - odd because I enjoyed it so much in Sims 2. I was let down to the point that I stopped playing Sims for months. I was ecstatic when I heard they were finally releasing Seasons, and after a 2 hour Origin dowload process very early this morning, I'm happy to say that I'm hooked again. (BTW, I'm very sorry to see so many people are having trouble with Origin. I did not get any error messages when I downloaded, but I did feel like every time I thought I'd finished the process, there was something else to do. My first step was to update Origin. Then, I followed the Amazon instructions. My final step was an update of the launcher, and then it was good to go, and I was able to play the game from my Origin library. I have not yet gotten the Ice Lounge pre-order bonus to install, but I'll worry about that later.) Now back to the game...

Seasons 3 has all the features we loved in the previous version, along with new features like seasonal festivals (in the fall they can participate in apple bobbing and pie eating contests), trick or treating, and my favorite so far: snowboarding. It seems like the developers put more focus this time on including events that emphasize community and relationship-building. So far, I'm enjoying fall and winter the most, as those seem to add the greatest enhancements, with the most fun activities, to the base game. One cool feature in winter is that you can see Sims' frosty breath outside. Oddly, vampires also have frosty breath. Developers, if you're listening, take this feature away from vampires!

On the options menu, you can set the length of each season individually - anywhere from 3 to 28 days, and you also have the ability to skip a particular season(s) altogether. One of the things I like about shortening the seasons is that there are more opportunities for festivals, which occur the last day of each season. You can also throw seasonal parties. My Sim family hosted a gift-giving party at home with around 12 guests. You can host it like a normal party by ordering pizza, buying a buffet table, hiring a mixologist, etc. The special part was the pile of gifts that were automatically set on the floor of the living room. At any time, your Sim has the option to gather everyone to open gifts. When I did this, all the Sims gathered in a pack in the living room and started complaining because they were stuck. After a couple of minutes, they sorted themselves out and sat on furniture or else upon the floor. Each Sim took a turn selecting and opening a gift from the pile. We can see from their thought bubbles what the gift was and whether they liked it. When your own Sims open a gift, it will be placed in the family inventory. One of my Sims received a very cool gift - a Sno-Cone machine!

I don't have Supernatural, but apparently there are some special fetaures that tie Seasons into that expansion. Now that I'm finally enjoying Sims 3 again, I might have to pick that one up!

Tip - buy your Sims umbrellas and parasols right away (available in the Outdoor Activities section) and store in their inventories. They don't like getting rained on, and they will use the umbrella automatically. Likewise, parasols will protect them from the hot sun.

Glitches - a few so far, but not bad. During the gift-giving party, the game started to freeze up. Perhaps because I had so many Sims on my lot? All the noise continued, but the Sims froze in place, and the clock stopped. The freeze lasted quite a long time - maybe 30 seconds. It unfroze by itself, but froze again a couple of seconds later. It repeated the process until I finally restarted the game. I have not experienced the problem again.

Occasionally outside, my cursor turns into a swirling circle that is difficult to locate. This also eventually corrects itself.

The only crash I experienced was when I installed the Ice Lounge. One restart, and I was fine. BTW, although it appears in the Launcher as though it's correctly installed, and I can see the file in the game folder, I cannot find the Lounge to place it. I've looked under the Edit Town function under Lots. Does anyone know if it's located somewhere else? I've searched online for a solution but haven't found one yet. UPDATE - Well, the Ice Lounge was there all along in Lots. I didn't recognize it because it was just called "Community Lot," and it did not even have have the Seasons icon. Now that I have it placed in the neighborhood, I can say that it's pretty underwhelming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving seasons!, November 13, 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I been a huge fan of the series since forever and currently I only own the base game and town life stuff, which I am fine with.. and NOW Seasons.. To me if feels like it completes the game..
Yes you have to download through Origin which I didn't know either, but looking back at the product page it tell you in bold letters Origin required to activate, but once I got everything situated and downloaded, it was fine, the download took me around 3 hours or so, but I was ok with it because I had some last minute stuff to do.. But once installed immediately started looking around the new stuff, there isn't a lot of clothing though, and I do believe only 2 hair style for woman without accessories and a ton of hair with accessories with hats and shells an things..
The festival lots are really neat, if your playing Sunset Valley the festival lot will replace central park.. But you have to place the lot on there, and wait a few sim days like maybe 2 and a pop up will come up and say the summer or whatever season your in is starting.. The calander for the sims in the summer time have a red circle around Monday which they are calling Leisure Day..
You can't change the seasons in any other order but you can turn off which seasons you don't want and you can turn off Hail and rain and etc.. You can also set the seasons for as long as you want, I believe 28 days or for as little as 3 days..
I haven't yet seen an alian and I hope I don't lol... But they are in the game and you can not make them in CAS.. Basically if you ignore them, they will go away..
I was [playing through the summer season and everyone was sleeping and my screen flashed and heard a loud bang, bought jumped out of my seat lol.. It felt very real the thunderstorm.. Really excited to get to fall and winter ( I think I am gonna set that one for 28 days because I love winter!) The skating rinks are a nice touch.. The rafts are cute and you can nap on them in the pool or in the ocean! You can also get the weather now on tv but that thing lies lol... It told me 90 degrees and sunny, so I decided to take my teenage girl and her high school boyfriend on a date to the beach and just as we got there, it started to pour rain! So, don't always believe the weatherman lol.. But by your sim theres a sun that you can mouse over it tells you what degree it is outside and how many days til the next season.
When I had played The sims 3 my clock, I could never get it to speed up, then I did an update and bought town life stuff and my clock, I could speed through the time like when they are sleeping, and I noticed a little lag within the game, with seasons, I no longer have a lag and runs better than it did before, I am also on a laptop with minimum specs, when I did the can you run it for the sims 3 base game, it told me I failed, but I bought it anyways and it works just fine, but when I used that to check for seasons it told me I passed with flying colors and was over the required specs, I found it some what odd, but I am not gonna complain!
I hope that the rest of you can get your game to work, it is worth it, it won't disappoint, just try and be patient, I know it's hard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, September 15, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I love this game. It's so addicting to play and the seasons makes it that much more fun. It's almost like living vicariously through the fakeness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, September 10, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I loved the different holidays and holiday parties the most. The weather gives the game a more realistic touch, as does being able to get sick, raking leaves, getting tan, etc. Definitely worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, January 21, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
This pak was everything & more than what I expected. Love the festivals for the all seasons.. Easy to download.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as sims 2 seasons., January 30, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, the seasons are here, October 10, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I love the seasons expansion pack for The Sims 3. The transitions are fluid and I enjoy the interaction your sims can have with the environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars great download, October 3, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
Daughter purchased this game ,loves it playing all the time ,download was easy and had no problems great price,will make future purchases.thanks !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if your PC can handle it, February 21, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
This expansion is BEAUTIFUL and really makes your game more interesting. It makes playing with generations of familes..etc a lot more fun too.

But a warning, if your PC is slow you will have serious problems. I had to turn all the pretty graphic effects of Seasons off because my PC did not have enough RAM or HD space. It really slows it down and crashes if you don't have a good enough PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 10, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
Downloaded quickly, got my bonus item for preorder as well. I love this Ep! Tons of new animations, items, CAS items, great graphics. I have had a blast exploring all the new gameplay. One of my fave Eps so far.

The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code]