5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME!!!!
Published on July 7, 2012 by Chronos

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, EA?
Published on November 7, 2012 by betweenthepages

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, EA?, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Sims 3 Showtime plus Sims 3 [Mac Download] (Software Download)
I am one of the biggest Sims 3 fans out there. But as a Mac owner I must say, EA, you are being ridiculous. Expecting twice as much money for the same game just for a different platform is verging on criminal. And having all but one of the Sims 3 download games for PC ONLY just sends a message that you don't care about your most loyal, dedicated customers. I've bought every expansion/stuff pack in hard copy up until this point, but right now I'm doubting the company itself. You need to rethink your market strategy. You're losing customers.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME!!!!, July 7, 2012
It was my first time downloading a game from amazon but I was very pleased. the problem I had was that it took 6 hours for my order to be processed which is a bit to much for my taste but other than that everything was all good. Except for the Showtime expansion that wouldn't appear on the actual game although I downloaded it but I fixed the problem by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I recommend this product to anyone who loves sims and who dont feel like going to the store to buy a hard copy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous price for the Mac Download, July 16, 2012
I am a fan of Sims, but seriously who would pay $ 49.99 for this?!!! I mean, what is the reason behind such a great price difference in PC and MAC based games!!! More than double!!! I am tempted to try the game, but def. not going to buy it for this price! Sorry EA, sort this out!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't do it., December 28, 2012
I decided to go ahead and purchase this out of pure laziness to be honest... I just didn't want to go out in the snow to get a video game when I figured I could just get it online. Worst mistake.

It doesn't work. at all.

I spent three days downloading it over and over again hoping and praying that maybe this time it would work, only to find the same error message. The game takes a couple hours to download (depending on your internet speed), another couple minutes to extract and do its thing, and another ten or so minutes to actually install. But once you go through all of that waiting, it just won't start because of an "unknown error". Five hours later all you get is an "unknown error". At one point I almost wished it just wouldn't download so that I wouldn't have to keep waiting for it to work.

I tried it at least six different times. I googled and googled till I had gone through everything. I used all of my html and computer skills, as well as my friends'. I took it to the apple store to make sure my Macbook Pro wasn't the problem. I called EA only be hung up on and then was told to call Amazon. So I called amazon and finally, I got a refund for this ridiculous product and now I'm so happy to be done with this entire debacle.

So seriously, don't buy it. It just won't work.

Also, a huge thank you to the amazing customer service reps at Amazon. They were amazing and super helpful and handled my freak outs really well. (:

1.0 out of 5 stars robbery, April 23, 2013
When I tried to download this game after I bought it, It never worked, the download link was down and even after a hundred of e mails the only answer I received was that this was a EA problem. Tha't's a robbery!

4.0 out of 5 stars Downloads and just runs fine, if not perfectly, April 11, 2013
Mark L. Dyson "Spinny" (Deerfield, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This is about the Mac download for the Sims3/Showtime bundle.

Download and install went very smoothly, no issues at all. I ran Sims 3 and went through the software updates before installing Showtime. Because of that Showtime warned me at install time the version of Sims wasn't the expected one, but there were no issues.

Game play is just fine on a 2010 model 17" MacBook Pro with GT330M video card--with a couple of caveats which prevent five stars:

- There are time when the graphics just can't keep up, resulting in a few seconds of blocky grey objects before the smoothing and textures kick in; most notably when first entering the home, and when getting into a car. Give it a couple of seconds and everything looks fine. It's infrequent but happens at least a couple of times during a game session.

- Every now and then I lose all the icons on the map view; save/quit and restarting the game restores them. It's rare, but happens.

- Once the game locked up completely, to the point where I had to use the keyboard shortcut to force quit it. Mouse movements worked, but nothing could be clicked, and I was unable to switch desktops or app focus. It's only happened the one time in about 20 hours of playing, but to be safe I make sure I save at least every night when my sims are sleeping.

In spite of these minor annoyances I'm quite pleased with the purchase and am enjoying the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars So fun, February 26, 2013
I've had the other 2 sims and this one is just as fun. Takes awhile to get the hang of it if you're used to the previous sims but after that, its easy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reliving the Sims, February 18, 2013
It's not as user friendly as the old Sims games, but I haven't had a lot of time to play it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, February 18, 2013
There are many great things about SIMS 3. I love this game, I love many of the new features. Was disappointed that they got rid of some of the great features in SIMS 2. You would think they could have added the new stuff while keeping the old. This game greatly limited the options with children and infant interactions which is frustrating. The Showtimes expansion was great. Enjoy the ability to perform and be famous. Also added some festivals which is cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised, January 28, 2013
The game was exactly what I expected, and I've enjoyed it for countless hours.
It took a while to download, but that was expected as well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›