Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Sims 3 Starter Pack [Online Game Code]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: PC Download|Edition: Starter Pack - Origin|Change
Price:$19.99

on September 7, 2013
So lot's of people are complaining about how this is impossible but besides the fact it took me 6 hours to download completely (just Sims 3) it was completely worth the wait. I had no trouble completing this and am downloading the others now. which luckily are going much faster. When the first finished downloading I was sooo excited but it was 2 in the morning so I said I would only try it for 30 minutes, when I checked the clock after what seemed like a half hour I came to realize it was 5 in the morning! It was so fun and addicting I would never tell someone not to waste their money, for I have nothing to complain about this game... As there are more benefits to having an account for Sims it's not necessary and I play it just fine without an account.
For those finding it hard to download, this is what I did that worked fine.
1) Download Origin (no brainer)
2) Make an account for Origin (Which is yet again a no brainer)
3) After making the purchase go to your account information and under the tab "digital connect" press the link for 'Your Games and Software Library'
4) Find and write/copy down the different claiming codes you find next to each name
5) Click onto your Origin account and click the tab at the left corner next to their symbol labled "Origin"
6) Chose the first tab 'Redeem Product Code'
7) Something will pop up and you simply copy and paste or type in the code you received from your games and software library.

after that the games you purchased will be added to your new origin account and you simply click the game you wish to download first, then sit back and watch the bar rise. In my case I watched 4 movies as I checked in on the progress periodically. I wish you luck, and trust me... you will never forget taking this steel and enjoying the game. Or at least I wont :)
99 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2014
It is super fun. The download and installation time for me only took a bit over an hour. This all depends on your internet speed.
Here are the steps in order to successfully download and install the game.

1. Click on the download link provided by Amazon. It will provide two text documents. One will be the Origin Activation Instructions and the other will be the actual game codes.

2. Create an account on thesims3.com .Download Origin and make an account.

3. Log in to thesims3.com and hover over My Page. Go down to My Account and Redeem a Code. Here you Redeem the Code labelled "DateNight DLC Code"

4. Next Log Into Origin and Follow the Steps provided on the second text document. I will provide them here as well:

Log into your Origin account on the Origin client
. In the upper right, click “Customize and Control Origin...” button (orange button)
3. Select “Redeem Product Code”
4. Enter the product code delivered in your Amazon ‘Your Games & Software Library’; click Next
5. Click “Next…” on the product confirmation screen
6. Click “View in Library” to be taken to the Origin library page
7. The game is now ready to download directly from Origin by clicking the "Ready to Download" button

Finally, download and install all the pieces and then click on the shortcuts that appear on the desktop. This will update the game to include all the new content. The DLC content form TheSims3.com must be downloaded and installed separately.
on August 30, 2013
For you people who keep saying there is something wrong with the codes being sold..you're wrong. You must have Origin installed which is a no brainer, then make a sims 3 account on their website. After that you must REGISTER your games on the sims 3 site and they will be added to your origin account and you can download from there.

Before you people review you really should make sure you're doing everything correct. No problems at all on my end with installing etc.
on August 29, 2013
I purchased this after my disc stopped working. It downloaded fine, but installation through Origin doesn't work. Help is just a list of trouble-shooting bullet points. I went through EA.com to try to register the product codes there and realized that they are all bogus (4 characters too long for what is required). Origin also requires only 16 characters and the ones I received are 20. When I asked for a refund, I got an email back saying "sorry but it's against the terms you agreed to." No one reads those things, so my loss, but I thought I would warn others about the fake product codes.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2013
I've been playing this game for a couple hours now and I see so much I want to do. It seems as though there is countless hours of entertainment with just the base game. Installation was a breeze: got my codes from my amazon digital library, opened up my origin launcher and redeemed 3 codes, the 4th "Date Night" required a sims community account. Besides having to create a Sims community account (which is basically your origin account), installation was a breeze. I don't know what happened to the rest of the reviewers but don't be swayed into not buying this great game. If you end up really enjoying the game, you may end up spending a lot more money buying overpriced expansion packs (which are currently on sale for 50% here on Amazon).
on July 4, 2013
I see that a few people have given this super low ratings based on their download speed which has nothing to do with the product at hand. Great sale price, good game, and i personally averaged 3mb/s and finished my download in 38 minutes. I wouldn't dock this purchase based on my own connection speed which is what people seem to be doing. Even if it did download slow, you're still getting this game 50% off.
I was so exited about this game, I've been a Sims fan for quite a time now, the download and installation was perfect, but it would crash everytime I try to play. So dissapointing. I asked for a refund and Amazon answer very quickly and did refund me the money. Amazon Custom Service is the best.
on September 5, 2013
read all the other reviews that spoke of the key code problems..and got it anyway.well,the problem was the origin client and the Sims EA site don't seem to be synched up..because when I would put in the base game key..it would bring up an error saying I needed to register so I did that at least twice..and the origin launcher gave that very same error over and over again amazon said call EA and EA customer service is beyond a joke..amazon issued a refund but they acted like they didn't want to..this thing was just not good from the beginning! don't buy this unless you wanna be fooling with your computer for sometime..EA does not answer their customer line..you will be on hold a loooong time..with this maddening music blasting in your brain..extremely disappointed..negative zero stars!
on August 9, 2013
Have been trying to download this game for almost a week now......gets to a certain percentage downloaded and error occurs. Uninstalling/reinstalling Origin and running as administrator does not help. Horrible!
on September 10, 2014
The game itself is fun, but the online game code was a royal pain; I thought this was an online download similar to other online apps I've bought on Amazon, where you buy and app and get a link to download. This is not that, instead you get a series of codes and have to register and download an installer from another site. The whole process to me seemed overly complex, unless you are desperate to get the game right away, which by the way won't happen as the download once you register still takes a few hours, I'd recommend buying the physical copy. Last note is you cannot return the online game code, once you get it you are committed to the long process even if you decide you want out and just want the physical copy it is too late.