Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 8, 2012
Another reviewer has stated that this game does not work with Lion. These games have a tendency to be temperamental and sometimes choose to mess up on individual people, but I have Lion installed on my machine and it works just fine, so it's not an across-the-board operating system problem. Those with custom content installed should remember to remove the Mods folder and clear caches before installing, however, and to update their mods if possible afterwards.

Chances are good, if you're looking at customer reviews, you're more concerned about if the download will work properly than if the game is any good. There are plenty of in-depth reviews out there for figuring out whether or not this game is your cup of tea. So just be aware that there are no inherent conflicts between this EP and Lion; if you experience problems there, I am more likely to wonder if the problem is having a too-old computer or incompatible CC or mods. There's lots of troubleshooting help available in TS3 communities also.
on September 24, 2012
The download itself for this product was not a problem. I have a Lion operating system on my Mac, and it took the files around an hour or so to download. The installation went smoothly along with the download, but when I pulled up the menu to begin the game and clicked 'Play', a window repeatedly pops up saying that the game has run into an error and cannot be processed. I will have to uninstall all the Sims 3 entirely including all my expansion packs as I cannot play the game at all. I'm very irritated and disappointed that I've practically been robbed 40 dollars.
on February 5, 2013
It is what I thought it would be. Vampires, fairies, werewolves, gypsies, ghosts and not to mention the great stuff that comes along with it. The only thing that I was even slightly disappointed with is becoming a zombie. That was one of my top choices of supernatural and it was strange to get to that state. Properly, your witch or wizard had to create a zombification (spelling?) potion and have a sim drink it. Then you did not really have a lot of say in your zombie. I wanted my zombie to roam where i wanted it too and say "brraaaaaiiiiinnnnnssss" all the time but nooo... Becoming a fairy was slightly difficult without the help of create a sims. Fairies pretty tricky to find and took my sim longer than necessary to find them.
I thought the producers could have done more with this expansion. With the seasons now out, it is cool to see the other creatures out on Halloween, just not any other day. game play is fun, for a little while. . .
Otherwise this game was awesome with great spells and mischievous ways, your sims can enjoy the supernatural side of things.
on March 27, 2013
Made the mistake of thinking the problems people were having wouldn't happen to me. Was completely wrong-- first had issues downloading through Amazon, and now am having problems literally even opening the game once I finally got it installed.

100% waste of money, DO NOT BUY. Disastrous with Macs, have been jumping through tech hoops all afternoon and I've finally given up trying to play.
on July 30, 2013
Downloaded the game and it wont load. Amazon says this in non-refundable, so I spent money I can't get back for a product that doesn't even work.
on January 5, 2013
FYI: I am using a MAC OS X Version 10.8.2. I should've listened to the other reviewers that used a MAC because after spending nearly 15 hours to download Sims Supernatural I was pretty upset to find that it simply would not work. It kept telling me that Sims 3 needed an update in order to play the expansion... The update went well but Supernatural still does not work at all. The supernatural Icon is there but whenever I click it it goes to Sims 3 and not the Supernatural I spent 15 hours downloading. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall... and everything and I still cannot get it to work for nothing. This was my first time downloading a game off of the internet and I will never do this again.. What a waste of time and money.
on August 3, 2015
Considering how popular the Sims games are, I went a little crazy purchasing them before spending a lot of time on them...

It's a cute game with wings and all the supernatural fun stuff I and my daughter love. But it is rather buggy, as other reviewers have mentioned. And not enchanting enough for me to tolerate a slow computer. I wound up deleting the game from my laptop..
on January 3, 2014
I love this game. But i have a mac and there were many issues with installation. All was good until it wouldn't let me install without the base game-which i have and was installed-so that was annoying, eventually it let me but gave me a message saying it wasn't compatible because my sims game was too recent! I ignored that hoping it would be fine but it didn't show up under my sims game and wouldn't play. So i uninstalled and tried to reinstall but my original game wouldn't even reinstall, something was wrong I guess. So I went back to Dec. 7th and restored the sims game I had then, all of my data from the game was erased but I had it back, it asked me the update the game then, but instead I waited until after I reinstalled Supernatural to update. The expansion updated with the original and it worked fine. So really all I needed to do was figure out a way to update the expansion. Either way, I spent 4 hours getting it to work and I'm happy it did, but next time I'm getting the disc.
on May 7, 2013
The game itself is wonderful!!!! I've only played with fairy so far but there are soooo many new things. When it comes to actual game content I rate 5 stars...
HOWEVER, the actual download was horrible!! I originally downloaded on 10.5, but have since run The Sims 3 on 10.6. The actual game works on both fine. The first time two times I download Supernatural the Sims 3 game launcher did not recognize it. After searching and reading multiple articles online I did a last ditch effort of uninstalling and reinstalling all EPs and the original Sims 3 game. After reinstalling Sims 3 and Supernatural the game launcher finally recognized it.... it took about 4 hours between uninstalling/reinstalling and finding a solution though. Thanks a lot EA... great content but your game writers are HORRIBLE!

If you do not mind uninstalling everything I would definitely buy, but the game will probably not work if you don't.
on October 4, 2013
I like the Sims, don't get me wrong, but there are so many problems with SIms 3 for mac I don't think it's worth the money, unless EA fixes the problem (don't hold your breath).

Pros:
Nice graphics

Cons:
Freezing (every 20min)
Crashing (every 20min)
Glitches --- your Sim will get stuck in one place and won't move.
Takes FOREVER to Load/ Save.

Keep in mind I have a 2011 iMac with mountain lion on it.
I also downloaded a patch that was supposed to correct the crashing/ freezing. That was a bunch of bologna.

I do not recommend this for mac users, it's a fun game but you can't enjoy it with all the crashing/ freezing.

See 1 answered question