Since DMC is being ported to the 360, could we see kingdom hearts?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2012 2:52:52 PM PST
I believe kingdom hearts is getting a HD remake also so I was wondering do you think its possible that it could go multi-platform?

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 2:18:44 PM PST
EpicLoots says:
for a HD remake, I highly doubt it will go multi-platform to say the xbox360. But seeing future KH on 360 could be possible considering FF is now on 360.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 3:53:56 AM PDT
ShadowFalls says:
I don't think anything from Square Enix has received a HD remake as of yet. Though there are some titles that could benefit from being redone entirely.

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 3:26:15 AM PDT
I really doubt it. The only reason this seemed possible was due to DMC4 being multi-platform. KHs isn't, and Sony would likely fight it to the death.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 1:41:22 AM PDT
ShadowFalls says:
Maybe so, but DMC4 was only a late entry, it was strictly PS2 up to that point. Sony has no real say anyways, since it is Square-Enix's property. They wouldn't want to anger them and miss the opportunity for it to be released on their system as that would be quite a lot of profit to lose.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 9:22:01 PM PDT
Bryan Willis says:
If they did it in this generation? Of course they'll do it on 360 too. At least in the U.S. I mean... Honestly, its easier to port a ps2 game onto the xbox 360, than it is on the ps3. Just for the fact that, the cell and graphics chip is nothing like the ps2 had. Whereas the 360 has essentially, normal pc parts inside of it.

There wasn't any reason to do it on the original xbox, for the install base it already had.
But...Considering how long its taking to release final fantasy 10 hd? I doubt they would do the same with kingdom hearts anytime soon.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 3:43:11 AM PDT
There's also Disney where S-E would have to re-license the use of their characters and imagery.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 10:08:00 AM PDT
M. Danner says:
It's taking them so long to come out with the HD of 10 because they're too busy releasing pop garbage like FF13-2 and now working on 13-3. Versus anyone?

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 12:44:35 AM PDT
Kagejmorgan says:
MGS HD got ported to 360, maybe only being that MGS2 was on xbox and MGR is going on 360 (they get raiden's story?) you got KH 1 2 3, RE Chain of memories and birth by sleep,could be in the HD (since peace walker was in the HD with online and KH BBS HAS MULTIPLAYER like peace walker.) its possible but i doubt it, to much licensing and if I recall birth by sleep never even got its digital release due to licensing. but it would be sweet.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 9:45:54 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
There's only one reason I can see that can keep a Kingdom Hearts remaster off the 360, and it has to do with who owns the characters from Final Fantasy VII. Unlike most Final Fantasies on Sony consoles, Sony Computer Entertainment actually published VII and VIII. If they own the rights to the characters then you can bet that Kingdom Hearts won't go multiplatform. But, if Square-Enix is the sole owner, there's no reason why KH can't go multiplatform.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Devil May Cry Collection - Playstation 3
Devil May Cry Collection - Playstation 3 by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (214)