Samsung 4.2-Inch Galaxy Player (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $104.95
case? Since there are no "official" cases but I've seen a few that claim to fit the SGP 4.2, does anyone have any that they like or hate?
asked by M. Junak on September 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
votes
I found a RocketFish neoprene case at Best Buy that was designed for GPS units. The stitching isn't waterproof, but as long as you don't soak it the case will protect what's inside.
Jacob Lemmons answered on November 28, 2012

A
votes
For 6 months I have been using this soft vinyl one that fits perfectly: RocketFish HTC Evo 4G Soft Shell Case (RF-WR542). I had to slice off a mm of vinyl from the port at bottom for USB plug to fit, also had to do surgery w/ razor blade to make room for earphone. The camera slot is *perfect* for the 4.2 because it just clears the camera enough to avoid obscuring it, but provides an overhang that offers a little protection. There is a small hole at top for phone antenna, which of course the 4.2 doesn't need. But this actually makes a great place to attach a hand strap making it much easier to carry around safely; I highly recommend.

When not in use I keep it (including shell case) inside CaseLogic's 5.75" x 3.5" x 1" neoprene camera case, which fits easily in pants pocket, though with little room for much else.

I find both these cases to work perfectly, although some initial surgery required for the shell case. I change batteries fairly often, and it is pretty easy to pop off the shell case before popping open (with paper clip) the back of the device.
L. Saul answered on January 2, 2013

A
votes
I have the Ringke case which comes with a screen protector and it works beautifully. [SF Matte Black] Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 Ringke Premium SLIM SF Hard Case
ChuckfromJersey answered on January 16, 2013

A
votes
I found some nice pull tab leather(mock) on ebay for a great price. Posted link on anythingbutipod. Comes in many colors.
Lois R answered on March 12, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›