5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for ALL ages! (seriously)
My 2+ year old has loved this video since he was 9 months old, and it's STILL his favorite kids' (non-movie) video!
Published on August 3, 2003 by Tom Reagan

3.0 out of 5 stars Kinda feels like a really long commercial
I bought this video for my almost 3 year old daughter. She really liked it and recognized most of the characters (except for Roger Rabbit). Some of the songs seemed cheesy to me, and I didn't recognize them from movies. I only recognized a few, which was kind of a disappointment. Also, the video must have been taken when I was a kid (aka early 1990s) which is fine, just...
Published on January 1, 2012 by S. Weissberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for ALL ages! (seriously), August 3, 2003
Tom Reagan (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
We bought a couple other Sing-A-Longs after this (Campout at Walt Disney World, and the Disneyland: Happy Haunting one), and they don't compare to this one. Those videos star cheesy kids who "act" for the camera and try to be cute. The kids in this video are really there to simply help create the environment, even though you see the same group of kids throughout the video.
Plus, this video concentrates more on the characters and the attractions, than the kids (during the Haunted Mansion song, it stars only the Villians and you practically ride the entire ride!). Which makes it fun for adults and fans of Disneyland - it plays like a Disneyland home video! Also, this was filmed around 1989-1990, just after Splash Mountain opened. Which means you get to see several attractions and restaurants that are no longer there: the Rocket Jets, People Mover, and Submarine - all in pre-1998 Tomorrowland.
My wife and I agree that the songs are also pretty good, even the original ones ("Making Memories" and "Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street, USA" come to mind).
If you're a fan of Disneyland and Disneyland videos (especially to get you in the mood before a vacation there), this is a must-own.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 yr old loves this video, so do I!, February 13, 2002
"esmommy" (Boulder City, NV United States) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves this movie. She sings and dances to all the songs. The video is the Disney characters at Disneyland with some kids (not cartoon). They go on rides and just play thru disneyland. The songs are happy songs and you cant help but feel happy when you hear them. There is one "scary song" but when you see donald ducks tail sticking out the back of the sheet, because he's pretending to be a ghost, you cant help but to laugh (my 3 yr old cracks up every time). I just bought another sing along songs because she loves this one so much. The video has: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Roger Rabbit, Pooh, Eyeore, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Chip N Dale, Alice in Wonderland and the Rabbit, and more I just cant think. This movie was well worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT intro to Disneyland for tots -- DISNEY MAKE A NEW ONE, June 22, 2006
This video/DVD is an ad for Disneyland. I used it to introduce our 2 1/2 year old daughter to the characters and the look of Disneyland. She loved it. I loved it. Daddy hated it -- 'cuz yes, it's an ad. Lots of sweet food, the Disneyland parades and rides and characters; like many reviewers he didn't like the concept of paying to watch an ad. But I honestly believe this helped our daughter enjoy the family trip to one of my favorite places ;-D Especially the teacups ride and Small World!

But now, several months after our trip, I appreciate a few additional things. This video is the only place I've heard a rare Sherman Brothers song, Makin' Memories, written for a Kodak-sponsored pre-show to a Disneyland attraction. It's simple, but the smooth bridge melody acts as a counterpoint to the rest of the song, it's really interesting. It's also the only full Rumbly in my Tumbly we've found, and Pooh Bear is now her favorite.

She's now three, and she still likes to watch the Disneyland video. She mixes up her own experiences with the movie's, for example she says she didn't like riding Thunder Mountain (which of course she didn't ride.) She does say There's the boats, on the Jungle Cruise.

This show taught her that the characters she loves are big. As big as Daddy. (Which translated later into "Goofy's like Daddy!" my favorite quote of the whole trip.)

It taught her that they like hugging kids. She still didn't want a hug, but she was happy to stand right next to them as opposed to running in the other direction screaming.

It prepared her for sitting still to watch shows and parades. It prepared her for the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Haunted Mansion. (Yes, we took her on those; I wasn't scarred by my early visits either. She held tight to our hands and knew she was going in a dark place but she'd seen it before.)

My main advice to Disney is to make a new version. This was made before Toontown, before the Disney Princesses made it big, before the complete revamping of Tomorrowland, before Bear Country became the Hundred Acre Wood, before Toy Story and the Pixar collaboration. Yes, parents will bring their kids to Disneyland anyway, but an updated video showing kids enjoying the favorite Disneyland spots will make it easier to introduce the tiny ones, which in turn is easier on the parents, which makes them want to return sooner ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Before a Trip to Disneyland, June 16, 2000
By A Customer
This sing-a-long video is a "must have" if you are planning a trip to Disneyland with small children. Disney characters join with children in a variety of songs and dances as they tour the theme park.
Small children (as young as one year old) enjoy watching the characters and kids in the video. They also enjoy the music.
My daughter watched this video several times before we visited Disneyland. When we arrived, she was excited when she saw the characters. She waved and waved as the characters were familiar to her.
The only downside is that the video is several years old. Some of the attractions are no longer in the theme park. Disney should really make an updated version of this video.

5.0 out of 5 stars great music, August 19, 2002
By A Customer
I am a mother of three and run a home day care. I Have watched a lot of videos. This Is one of my favorites. The music is very good. The live characters at disney world are busy singing and dancing while they clean and serve food and dance in a parade and play with boys and girls on the rides at disney land amusement park. The kids sit and watch with their mouths hanging wide open. The rides look like so much fun. Pooh bear, and mickey and minnie and lots of other characters are there to take us through a 30 min. singing and dancing tour of the park. Very Very cute. My 15 month loves it and it is still one of my 9yr olds favorite. STarts out with Whistle while you work and continues with many other great songs including it's a small world.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect video for your child!, September 25, 2004
I've nannied for over 14 years now and I must say, this and the rest of the 'people' Disney Sing Along Songs Video's are absolutely the best! I've bought these video's for children I've nannied for, little cousins, and now my God Daughter; and she now is just fascinated by it. When she comes to my house she starts screaming with happiness yelling for Mickey and doesn't stop dancing and clapping until it's over. Not only is it wonderful for them to watch, you too will enjoy it! I love all the songs from the videos. Plus another great thing, it's all with kids. You know how kids love to watch other kids. We sing and dance ... then pop in the next video and start the process all over again. I don't mind her watching it and never minded having the children I cared for watch it because it made everyone so happy and I hate children getting into the bad habit of watching cartoons and TV period (plus if you need to do a little house work etc, you know their ok and won't move for a good 30 minutes). I'd give all of these a 10 star rating! Very hard video's to find, I now need to order the rest so I can put them away for my future children! Also too so my God daughter can have more variety, even though Disneyland Fun is her favorite! (she just turned 17 months)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a delight 15 years later!, October 10, 2005
No one you know (Phoenix, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sing Along Songs - Disneyland Fun (DVD)
Out of all the Disney Sing Alongs released, this one is absolutely unique and special. It is one of the few live action sing alongs, and it is the only one filmed completely in a Disney theme park. The songs are performed by favorite Disney characters and a group of kids who are there to add to the show instead of ham it up for the camera, all perfomed against a backdrop of 1989 Disneyland, complete with crowds. Grown up afficianados of Disneyland will delight in revistiting attractions (and fashions) long gone. As for children, out of all the sing alongs, this was the only one my 2 year old would watch, and the only one that kept her attention begining to end. The songs are catchy, some original and some related to the park, and never boring. There is a loose storyline to keep to keep the action rolling, starting with the characters readying the park for opening and wrapped up with a very well staged "When You Wish Upon a Star"...which gives a bona fide finale!

The dvd presents the exact presentation as the orginal video, the birds singing the intro through the simple credits at the end. If I could only afford one sing a long for the rest of my life, this would hands down be the one I would pick!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Video, April 13, 2005
A Kid's Review
This is one of the Coolest Sing Along Songs video ever. Sing and play with Mickey, Minnie, Donold, Dasiy,Goffy, Pluto,Chip, Dale, Roger Rabbit at Disneyland. The songs are ,in order, Whitle While You Work, Step in Time, Follow the Leader, Great Out Doors, Rumbley in my Tummbly(don't ask), It's a Small World After All, Making Memories, Grim Grining Ghosts(see bottom), Disneyland Parade, and When You Whish Apon a Star. The reason I said see bottem is because Grim Grining Ghosts may scary small children. It's not very scary it just fetures Disney Villians. I will say which movie he or she is from. Dead Oak Tree's (unknown sorry), Evil Queen after she turned old (Snow White), Big Bad Wolf (Three Little Pigs), Captain Hook (Peter Pan), Donold Duck under a ghost sheet (unknowen sorry), and the Evil Queen (Sleeping Beauty). You also ride the ride a little . Any way this movie has a lot to see it fells like your at Disneyland.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG it's coming to dvd!!!, August 29, 2005
This review is from: Sing Along Songs - Disneyland Fun (DVD)
I remember buying the vhs format of this when I was much younger alongside many of the other Disney Sing Alongs. Now the Sing Along tapes featuring classic Disney films are truly wonderful, but the "Disneyland Fun" Sing Along Songs are the best ever! When I can't be in Disneyland or if I am planning to go soon, I pop in my tape to get ready for the big event. The film is pretty short (only 29 min.) but features all your favorite characters, rides and attractions at the Anaheim Disneyland Resort. There is a good dose of Main Street USA activity with parades, Pooh and his friends get rumbly in the tumbly at the Riverbell Terrace restaurant, the Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize in and right outside of the Haunted Mansion and so much more! My true favorite is "Zip a Dee Do Da," since Roger Rabbit is in there going on a bunch of the rides (some of which are now retired and long gone). So if you are a nostalgic Disney fan, then this great little film is for you. Regardless of your age (I am currently 25 & still love it!), you are bound to have fun with it and now that it's coming to dvd, it will be better than ever. Stay Disney! :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Favorite!, March 17, 2006
Michelle Williams "risasmom" (Ball Ground, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sing Along Songs - Disneyland Fun (DVD)
I bought this DVD for my 3 year old in 11/05. We went to Disney World in January and I had read that the characters sometimes scare preschool children so I got this so she could see the characters interacting with children and also get an idea of what Disney World was. Disney Land is featured in the video, but since the Magic Kingdon in Disney World was modeled after Disney Land, it still did the trick. It quickly became a family favorite. My husband likes to do the silly rap version of "Zipideedoodah" and my daughter's favorite is "Following the Leader". When we got to Disney, she had no fear of the characters and anticipated the rides. She seemed a little afraid of the Haunted Mansion on the DVD, but recognized it when we were there and rode it without incident. Since our trip, she still loves to watch it and points out who she saw and what she rode. I don't know that she would like it as much if we hadn't associated it so much with our trip, but I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone wanting to show a child what Disney World or Land is all about. One funny note, I had never heard the song "Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street". When we walked into the Magic Kingdom and onto Main Street, there were street performers "singing" and dancing to the song and we knew every word!

Sing Along Songs - Disneyland Fun
Sing Along Songs - Disneyland Fun by Michael Dimich (DVD - 2005)
$14.99 $10.19