Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sing-Along Songs - The Bare Necessities
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on September 8, 2008
My daughter loves the Circle of Life sing along video so I thought this one would be great as well. This video contains more of the older Disney songs and I didn't realize until now how many stereotypes there were. Some songs are great (Bare Necessities and I Wanna Be Like You), others just so-so and some just unwatchable. Old Yeller fighting a black bear for 3/4 of the song was more than my 2-year old wanted to see. She much prefers to keep watching Disney's other video: Circle of Life.

Song List: "The Bare Necessities" (The Jungle Book), "You (Are a Human Animal)" ("The Mickey Mouse Club"), "Cinderella Work Song" (Cinderella), "Old Yeller" (Old Yeller), "Figaro and Cleo" ("Figaro and Cleo"), "Winnie the Pooh" (Winnie the Pooh Featurettes), "I Wanna Be Like You" (The Jungle Book), "Look Out for Mr. Stork" (Dumbo), "Ev'rybody Wants To Be a Cat" (The Aristocats), "The Ugly Bug Ball" (Summer Magic), "The Bare Necessities" Reprise (The Jungle Book)
11 comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 1999
The Bare Necessities Disney Sing-Along video is one of my two year old daughter's favorites. She had never seen the Jungle Book, but fell in love with the characters, songs, and animations this video has to offer. She knows the songs by heart and dances all around the house singing these fun songs. A definite winner!
on July 16, 2001
We have several Disney Sing-a-Long videos and while they are all great, this one is exceptional! My 16 month old can't get enough of Ballou and his pals. This one is great for the adults too! From the classic "Bare Neccessities" (Jungle Book) to the swingin' "Everybody wants to be a Cat" (The Aristocats) every song is a winner! My son loves to pick out all the animals in the video and dance along! I would highly recommend it!!
on October 22, 2005
I've seen this twice. Here are the songs:

"The Bare Necessities"-The Jungle Book

"I Wan'na Be Like You"-The Jungle Book

"Look Out For Mr. Stork"-Dumbo

"Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat"-The Aristocats

"The Ugly Bug Ball"-Summer Magic

Just buy it. Nothing good will come out of it.
on October 20, 2005
On January 3rd an all new DVD of songs never seen together will be called The Bare Necessities. This edition will be a one disc set. The songs will be The Bare Necessities, The Work Song,

Old Yeller, Winnie the Pooh, I Wan'na Be Like You, Look Out

for Mr. Stork, Ev'rybody Wants to be a Cat and The Ugly Bug Ball. Enjoy!
on August 21, 2007
With this dvd being about 25-30 minutes, it keeps my daughter totaly engrossed whenever i need to keep her occupied long enough to get something done (important phone call, changing sheets, etc.). She literally stays fixated on the screen! Jimminy Cricket is the host (it's nice to see some old characters in the mix) and all of the songs are such a delight and so cute. Well worth the money, and this is a good price, compared to what i have seen it selling for in stores.
on April 23, 2003
This is the best video. We discovered at around 4 months that our daughter recognized the "Bare Necessities" song and she's been enthralled ever since. Her three-year old cousin loves it, too. Lots of fun songs for kids and parents, and unlike a lot of children's songs, they are not too sugary sweet. We've tried some others, but none does she like as well as this.
on December 9, 2003
My nine month old just loves this video. If I need to do anything I can just plop him down and he will stay put through the whole thing. He is mezmorized by the songs. Defitnitely the best out of all the Sing Alongs. Highly Recommended.
on October 17, 2015
Another one that my wife and I stand behind. These sing-along keep my child entertained and help with his spelling and reading. The use of the subtitles are great. Now my kid goes around reading every word he sees. And if he doesn't know it, he will ask you what it is. Great stuff!!!!!
on May 5, 2014
My kids loved the Sing-A-Long series when they were toddlers, so I bought this for my two year old granddaughter and she loves it just as much! Yes, the songs are older ones, but they have an unsophisticted charm and besides, a 2 yr old doesn't know they are old, they are all brand new to her. I had the first 4 in the original series with Heigh Ho, Zip a Dee Do Dah, this one, and You Can Fly. Unfortunately, only this one and You Can Fly are available on dvd from that era. This one is better than you can fly, but I wish I could get the other two, as they were much loved in my house.