5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Worship
I happened to pick this up the other day and was just so pleased with the sweet tone to this worship compilation. My commute to and from work can be so stressful, but this cd soothes my soul. I love it...I do not have children, but if I did, it would be their bedtime listening! There is so much to say, so let me just tackle each song.

1. How Great is Our God...
Published on August 13, 2006 by A. Cortez

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
It's ok. Only listened to it once then put it away; haven't listened to it any more. You may like it more.
Published 10 months ago by Greta

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Worship, August 13, 2006
This review is from: Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies (Audio CD)

1. How Great is Our God. -- Bethany Dillon really hits one out of the park here. I love Chris Tomlin's version, but I love that Bethany brought this song out of the rafters for the female worshippers. It's absolutely gorgeous! She really kicks off the album with a mellow, yet magnificent track.

2. Light of the World -- Erin O'Donnell's voice is perfect for this track. She just sings it, no trills, runs, over indulgent vocal stuff, just sings from her heart. I can almost see her holding her own child and rocking them to sleep.

3. You are Good -- Nichole Nordeman (wrong listing above) really has an outstanding new song here. The words of this song are so amazing. She just reminds us that no matter what, God is Good, good and bad times, He is good. Musically, it is a gem. Mooderate tempo, but definately a truly excellent track!

4. May The Words of My Mouth -- Christy Nockels is the real reason I bought this cd. And does she ever pour her heart out vocally here. This song is so simple, and just sweet. Only Christy Nockels can take a song in this range and not over-sing the high notes, but just alight on them like a butterfly on a flower. This is one of my absolute favorite tracks, and one that takes me into a special worship moment with the Lord. I love Christy's light vocal, and it seems to be a little overtaken when Janna Long steps up the backing vocal, however, it is still a wonderful song!

5. How Deep the Father's Love for Us - Nichole Nordeman takes an old Hymn and redoes it with her own style. I love Nichole's ability to sing like she were whispering in the ear of Christ. And with this song, her vocal is so transparent and real as if she is discovering the truths of the song herself. Masterfully done.

6. Sing Over Me -- Jennifer Knapp (again, wrong listing above)sings a new song that is beautiful. Nichole N's backing Vocals are the perfect addition! This song has a really catchy hook that keeps me singing all day long. And what a neat idea to sing a song of God singing over us! I love love love this track!

7. Whole World In His Hands -- Christy Nockels takes this eeriely magnificent song and crafts a confident track. It remains gentle and soothing. Beginning in a minor key really sets this song apart from the rest on the album, and really takes you to a different place musically than the other tracks

8. Hold On To Jesus -- Erin O'Donnell takes an earlier single of her own and strips it down vocally, and allows a new element of piano accomp. to be added. It is a beautiful lullaby, just perfect for a good night reminder of little ones. I'm sure someone is going to use this one for baby dedications or videos.

9. We Fall Down - Nichole Nordeman doesn't do anything new or spectacular with this song, but just sings it. Sometimes, It is just so important to sing a song from your heart, and Nichole does it. Again, like Bethany, she brings down the key to a singable one for females, so that is a bonus for singing along.

10. Lord, You Have My Heart -- Janna Long (again, wrong listing, what is up with that Amazon?) sings this little song. Generally I really like Janna's work, but this is easily my least favorite track. Not b/c of the talent of Mrs. Long, but because her voice on this song doesn't really match the rest of the cd. The other ladies performing have very gentle, soothing interpretations of their songs, even the more upbeat tracks. This song, however slow it is, allows Janna to let her big voice go a little too much. I wish the producer had pushed Janna to a softer tone...it would have fit much better. It is still a good track, and one of my fav worship songs, but for this cd, it's a little out of place.

11. Unwavering -- Bethany Dillon....Of the "new" songs...this is absolutely my favorite. I'm suggesting it for use in my women's & single's worship ministries. Outstanding, Incredible, Biblical Lyrics....and the music is sweet and easy on the ears. Loved it. My second fav on the cd.

12.Jesus Loves Me -- Christy Nockels takes on a classic and makes it her own. Pitched in only a key Christy can sing so sweetly, it is a perfect lullaby, and soothing worship song.

I highly reccomend this cd for nursery's, schools, homes, women's ministry, etc. It's fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for going to sleep by, September 7, 2006
This review is from: Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies (Audio CD)
I play this for me (and I DO have kids, Dash being one). I have to agree with both reviewers. It is relaxing, comforting,soothing, and peaceful...so much so I am usually asleep by the fourth song and wake up to realize the whole CD played and I missed it! Definitely not for drowsy drivers! But if you want to be cozy, comforted, and peaceful at home, then this CD is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars DON'T LISTEN WHILE DRIVING!, August 9, 2006
Doctor Jay (Jackson, MS USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies (Audio CD)
This CD is soothing. Soooo soothing. TOO soothing! The highlight song is a wonderful rendition of "How Great Is Our God" by Bethany Dillon. What a voice that young lady has! The other songs are really good, but the tone is so consistently mellow that it will lull you into a catatonic state if you're not careful. Still worth the buy, though. Just keep it at home! Listening while operating heavy equipment or driving could lead to an accident.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is good, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies (Audio CD)
This is one of the best CD's I have purchased. The music is current contemporary christian music done is such a way so that it offers messages of hope and reassurance and is calming and relaxing. I love to listen to it after a hectic day, it offers a very peaceful calm that assures a restful sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful, February 16, 2011
This review is from: Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies (Audio CD)
The music on this album is absolutely wonderful! Very soothing and great for babies and adults alike. I love listening and singing along with these tracks while I'm relaxing or knitting or just feeling the need to engage in some praise/worship. We are expecting our baby in a couple of months and I fully intend on making this album part of bedtime routine. Even though baby is not here yet, I do sing these songs to him and find that it quiets down his kicking. I love that it's one of those albums you can listen to again and again and not get tired. Also, I am one who usually avoids buying entire albums bc I find that I usually dislike one or two tracks (sometimes more)...not so with this album. Every single song on here touches my heart and I highly recommend adding this to your collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, May 23, 2012
This review is from: Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies (Audio CD)
"Sing Over Me" is a beautiful worship cd even if not used for a baby. The music and voices are soothing and not as annoying as some baby cd's when it gets played over and over. I cannot help but sing along and I know that I will use this during delivery as well to help keep me calm. The song choices are ones that are perfect for mommy or daddy to sing to their baby to calm them down. It's just so beautiful! What wonderful blessings to "Sing Over" your baby. This will definitely be on the top of my ipod playlist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep like a baby, April 21, 2012
This review is from: Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies (Audio CD)
Bought this for my 4 year old grandson who was having bad dreams. He absolutely loves it and sleeps so much better. So peaceful and relaxing and his bad dreams have gone away. He is usually asleep by the end of the second song. When he begins to wake up in the morning he wants me to play it again. It is a great cd and I received it quickly after ordering. I am very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the cd we cannot live without!, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies (Audio CD)
My (now 5 year old) daughter has been listening to this every night at bedtime for almost 3 years. I'm not joking. 3 years. We may have missed a few weeks in there, but she seriously loves this cd. We tried lots of music at bedtime, some secular some worship or lullaby oriented but she eventually stopped asking for anything but this one. This is our fave HANDS DOWN. My kids are exposed to all sorts of music and these worship songs are already familiar to them, but sung in such a cozy way that they easily fall to sleep to the familiar songs. What wonderful words to fill their little minds with as they sleep! Some lullaby cds have songs that are incongruous to sleep or don't transition smoothly from song to song- this is not one of them. Smooth, beautiful, lyrically lovely and the quality of the musicianship is apparent from beginning to end. Good job, folks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful compilation, November 15, 2011
Y. Warrick (Flemington, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies (Audio CD)
LOVE this compilation, not just for babies. The lyrics are realistic for the modern world but absolutely hopeful, just like the Word of God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect balance for parents and kids!, March 26, 2011
Absolutely love this CD! It's just enough "grown up" for adults to love, but is beautiful and "childlike" enough for the kids. My boys listen to it at bedtime, and we give it away to all the new moms at church. LOVE it!

Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies
Sing Over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies by Sing Over Me (Audio CD - 2006)