Top positive review
32 people found this helpful
on August 13, 2006
I happened to pick this up the other day and was just so pleased with the sweet tone to this worship compilation. My commute to and from work can be so stressful, but this cd soothes my soul. I love it...I do not have children, but if I did, it would be their bedtime listening! There is so much to say, so let me just tackle each song.
1. How Great is Our God. -- Bethany Dillon really hits one out of the park here. I love Chris Tomlin's version, but I love that Bethany brought this song out of the rafters for the female worshippers. It's absolutely gorgeous! She really kicks off the album with a mellow, yet magnificent track.
2. Light of the World -- Erin O'Donnell's voice is perfect for this track. She just sings it, no trills, runs, over indulgent vocal stuff, just sings from her heart. I can almost see her holding her own child and rocking them to sleep.
3. You are Good -- Nichole Nordeman (wrong listing above) really has an outstanding new song here. The words of this song are so amazing. She just reminds us that no matter what, God is Good, good and bad times, He is good. Musically, it is a gem. Mooderate tempo, but definately a truly excellent track!
4. May The Words of My Mouth -- Christy Nockels is the real reason I bought this cd. And does she ever pour her heart out vocally here. This song is so simple, and just sweet. Only Christy Nockels can take a song in this range and not over-sing the high notes, but just alight on them like a butterfly on a flower. This is one of my absolute favorite tracks, and one that takes me into a special worship moment with the Lord. I love Christy's light vocal, and it seems to be a little overtaken when Janna Long steps up the backing vocal, however, it is still a wonderful song!
5. How Deep the Father's Love for Us - Nichole Nordeman takes an old Hymn and redoes it with her own style. I love Nichole's ability to sing like she were whispering in the ear of Christ. And with this song, her vocal is so transparent and real as if she is discovering the truths of the song herself. Masterfully done.
6. Sing Over Me -- Jennifer Knapp (again, wrong listing above)sings a new song that is beautiful. Nichole N's backing Vocals are the perfect addition! This song has a really catchy hook that keeps me singing all day long. And what a neat idea to sing a song of God singing over us! I love love love this track!
7. Whole World In His Hands -- Christy Nockels takes this eeriely magnificent song and crafts a confident track. It remains gentle and soothing. Beginning in a minor key really sets this song apart from the rest on the album, and really takes you to a different place musically than the other tracks
8. Hold On To Jesus -- Erin O'Donnell takes an earlier single of her own and strips it down vocally, and allows a new element of piano accomp. to be added. It is a beautiful lullaby, just perfect for a good night reminder of little ones. I'm sure someone is going to use this one for baby dedications or videos.
9. We Fall Down - Nichole Nordeman doesn't do anything new or spectacular with this song, but just sings it. Sometimes, It is just so important to sing a song from your heart, and Nichole does it. Again, like Bethany, she brings down the key to a singable one for females, so that is a bonus for singing along.
10. Lord, You Have My Heart -- Janna Long (again, wrong listing, what is up with that Amazon?) sings this little song. Generally I really like Janna's work, but this is easily my least favorite track. Not b/c of the talent of Mrs. Long, but because her voice on this song doesn't really match the rest of the cd. The other ladies performing have very gentle, soothing interpretations of their songs, even the more upbeat tracks. This song, however slow it is, allows Janna to let her big voice go a little too much. I wish the producer had pushed Janna to a softer tone...it would have fit much better. It is still a good track, and one of my fav worship songs, but for this cd, it's a little out of place.
11. Unwavering -- Bethany Dillon....Of the "new" songs...this is absolutely my favorite. I'm suggesting it for use in my women's & single's worship ministries. Outstanding, Incredible, Biblical Lyrics....and the music is sweet and easy on the ears. Loved it. My second fav on the cd.
12.Jesus Loves Me -- Christy Nockels takes on a classic and makes it her own. Pitched in only a key Christy can sing so sweetly, it is a perfect lullaby, and soothing worship song.
I highly reccomend this cd for nursery's, schools, homes, women's ministry, etc. It's fantastic!