4.0 out of 5 stars Sing along to all your favorite Abba songs...
You probably already know all you want to about PS3 karaoke, but just wanted to mention one thing that seems to be "unique" to this PS3 karaoke game...

Published on December 19, 2009 by Robert

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Didn't like it
Published on June 29, 2011 by 09010107

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Sing along to all your favorite Abba songs..., December 19, 2009
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)

Although my other PS3 Karaoke singstar game (the one with the guy wearing big Rayban-type aviator sunglasses, white t-shirt, and holding a mic) allowed me to eject the ps3 karaoke disk, and insert ps2 karaoke disks ... this ps3 Abba one does not seem to allow that ... the ps3 Abba game seems to only allow me to insert/play other ps3 singstar disks (not ps2 ones).

Of course, as long as you've got at least 1 ps3 singstar game that allows you to insert ps2 singstar disks, you're good-to-go, but just make sure Abba isn't your only ps3 singstar game if you're wanting/expecting to be able to use your old ps2 singstar songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars My voice is hoarse, but what a lot of fun, August 22, 2009
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
This is my very first 'singstar' product and I am very impressed with the game. yes, this is a game element to it other than just having a sing along. I love singing and sometimes off key too: game option 1 entails you sing along with prompter to match both crescendo and length -even as an ABBA fan, I realized I really did not know some songs as well as thought - it was challenging! then the game will rate you. Now if you want a playback there you can (if you dare!).
Option 2 allows you to battle with another singer to see who hit the notes the best! Great game for parties.

I also checked out the on lone option: on writing this review there were ~750 songs and there is a British centric collection (this game was made in the UK), but plenty of songs mainly in the 80's, but also quite a lot of 2006-2009 songs too. Choices also included some duet songs too (which is another option that is offered on the game). the songs are saved on your harddrive and a little like the kindle - you can retrieved it as long as you have a log on account (for when you have to replace your playstation console.

I thought this game was really well designed. You only need to buy one disc to access the online option. I am pleased that they are adding new songs to the collectioin (currently priced at $1.49 - good value given that includes the prompter too). I also purchased the singstar microphones for PS2, which works perfectly with the game (if you want to save a little money, which is you choice and it is not wireless).

4.0 out of 5 stars PS3 Song List, July 25, 2013
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
There might be a song list for this disc in a prior review, but I couldn't find it. Here it is:
* Chiquitita
* Waterloo
* When All Is Said And Done

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game for ABBA and Singstar fans, December 4, 2008
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
This is ABBA Gold as Singstar. I love singstar and I cant sing, but this singstar is fun. If you grew up listening to the songs of ABBA or just became a fan after watching the movie Mamma Mia, you will enjoy this game. Yes, you only get ABBA on this disk, but oh what fun you will have. It is also interesting to think that they made all of those videos in the pre MTV era. This is a fun romp through musical history.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABBA The Video Game, December 7, 2008
S. Hughes (New Jersey, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I would give this a 4.5 but I'm going for 5. I happen to be a gamer and big fan of ABBA so this only makes sense that I got this game. The game was well made for the most part. They added 25 ABBA songs from offical videos they made. So there is no Lay All Your Love On Me or I have a dream. Each video is there full with single cover of each song which was a nice touch. There a few different modes, like single, battle, duet and pass the mic. I thought they could have made a Annifrid or Agnetha role playing mic, but it's really like that. A few songs like "Name of the Game" "Super Trouber", and "Take a Chance" use a duet feature or backvocal in stead of just switching off which no real thought of how the song goes. Besides that The best part of this game is online!! You can search other ABBA media and rate how well they sung the songs or the video content from PS3 eye, you can rate how well it was song and add some comments. Was pretty good game but I was hoping they could of have a role playing with mics but very good which I never would have though a game say if I was about five years ago and said "ABBA the video game" I would have said yeah right. Funny how ABBA is finaly getting some respect:) Stevie_Mark on PS3 will be singing Thank you for bringing this game to me:)

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a simple, really., February 1, 2009
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Do you like Karaoke? Do you like ABBA? Do you own a Playstation 3? Do you already have SingStar? The formula is pretty simple. Get this game. You'll have fun with it, and it's actually a lot of fun to watch the videos. I was disappointed with the overall extras on this game. While there are a lot of ABBA songs, so it's really more like a song pack. It's kind of disappointing that you can't just install the songs to your PS3, since there is no hi def content, but I'm sure it was to prevent piracy.

I was also disappointed that this pack didn't come with microphones. I didn't have the original singstar before this, and you can't buy this game along with the microphones unless you buy microphones from somewhere else, but there's no telling what you're going to get with some people.

Overall, a great buy if you already have the others.

4.0 out of 5 stars SingStar ABBA (PS2 and PS3), February 21, 2009
Ronald Mendoza (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
(REVIEW UPDATED due to SingStar 3.01 update)

I'm going to assume you are familiar with the SingStar games and just want to know if this is worth getting and if so, which version.

If you have a PS2 and like ABBA, think of this game as DLC at $1.49/song. (At the $29.99 price point)

If you have a PS3, on the other hand, and like ABBA, here goes:

1. If you don't already have a SingStar PS3 game, SingStar ABBA PS3 gives you all 25 songs, access to the SingStar Store where you can get DLC, and the disc-swapping feature to play songs from other SingStar discs.
2. If you do have a SingStar PS3 game, the PS2 version offers 20 songs (again, $1.49/song) compared to the PS3 version's 25 songs (at $1.59/song). The music videos seem to be the same regardless of version, and the PS3 version doesn't seem to have any new features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Abba/Mamma Mia fans....no one else, January 22, 2010
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
This is a hard game to review in general. Like any music game thats based around one group (aerosmith, beatles, queen, etc) it really depends on do you like Abba. Obviously if you don't, your probably not going to know many songs, let alone know the lyrics to sing along to them. The gameplay is your typical Singstar PS3 style. Nothing fancy. The videos are Standard Definition. The only PS3 perks are 5 exclusive songs and access to DLC from the SingStore. I like ABBA, a late fan of them after seeing the Mama Mia! play. So I enjoyed this quite a bit. Karaoke and ABBA fans should have alot of fun here.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say :), March 31, 2014
S. King (San Diego, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Being a child of the 70s I am very familiar with ABBA. This is a great compilation of popular and not so popular - but you'd know them if you followed ABBA in the 70s and 80s.

We have had many the night ending with a good old sing off. Kids and adults alike. Very very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy!, March 10, 2014
This review is from: SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
It's nice to watch old video clips for Abba. Not easy to sing like Abba but good for to spend nice time with friends or family members.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3
SingStar ABBA (Stand Alone) - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$39.99 $12.98