Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 2, 2008
For those who have played any of Sony's SingStar franchise, you won't really be surprised by what is on this disc. While it is a little different than the PS2 SingStar titles which are all organized around a theme like Pop, Rock, or Country it is just like the first PS3 SingStar that gives you a mix of songs from a number of different genres. In some ways this is a good thing for those who like a number of different genres, but you always run the risk of having songs or genres you don't like being added into the mix. I know personally I found songs I didn't like or just didn't know on the game, but nothing that would cause me to not recommend it.

Also the disc supports disc swap with the other PS3 SingStar and any of the songs that you downloaded from the SingStore with the first PS3 title. The SingStore has hundreds of various songs that you can download whenever. The song mix could be better for the North American audiences, but there is a wide range of genres that you should be able to find something that suits your taste. The major flaw of a release like this, and why I rate it a four, is that with a system like the SingStore it seems unnecessary to release a new disc based game every so often when you could just upload the content to have users download as they pleased, instead of being forced songs you may not really want. Still though, if you love singing and have friends that do as well, this makes for a great party game to have fun with and with something like karaoke more songs are always welcome.
on February 12, 2009
I was never really into karaoke, but I love this game. It is very easy to use and a ton of fun. My family plays it almost every Friday night. There is a wide variety of music, so there is something for everybody.
on February 16, 2013
I got this for my husband for his birthday as he loves the Singstar "games" but the songs on the disc are not all that great. There were only I believe 4 songs either of us recognize on the whole disc. Not worth the price if I had bought the complete set with mics but since I only opted for the game itself, its ok
on May 14, 2013
this is a blast. i know you can buy the music through their online store. but it is worth it to buy all the games and switch the games. you save money on the songs when you buy the different games, as well as saving storage on your gaming platform.
on December 24, 2013
I like popular music so I've generally heard a lot of songs before but there were a lot of random songs on this track that no one would know or want to karaoke to--Like funky cold medina, run(I'm a natural disaster), and goldfrapp happiness. Some of the songs are very boring and old. So old that I feel like people who were alive when it was popular are too old to want to play playstation. Plus, some of the songs are "oldies" that I only know because they play over and over again at my work so I hate those songs. Overall, I've heard of less then half of these songs and I would only WANT to sing from about half of that half.

Also, I thought I was buying a completely new game but under comments from the company I bought this from it says...
Condition:NEW
Comments: BRAND*NEW*SEALED-WE-SHIP NEXT DAY-WITH TRACKING CONFIRMATION
So I guess that means it's just newly sealed? On the back where the barcode is there are three hole punches punched out in a vertical line down the left side of the barcode. I should have paid more attention when I purchased it from this company but I didn't really know what that meant at the time. So...the "brand*new*sealed" thing that it says next to the seller when your going to purchase it doesn't mean that it's brand new and going to be sealed when it's sent to you but that it's been re-sealed with a *new* (less nice) plastic wrap.

Anyway, this was not worth the $16 dollars I paid for it since the song choices are kind of lame and it's not actually untouched and new. I'm not the type of person to buy songs from the song store since I don't have my playstation linked to any type of payment card and I don't plan to so I guess I'll just try buying a different song game.
on April 1, 2011
This is a fun game if you like karaoke type games!! It has a decent song selection and more you can opt to buy. You can playonline with friends too which is fun. I hope they keep adding songs to their repertoire!
on February 11, 2009
I have thoroughly enjoyed SingStar Volumes 1 and 2 for the PS3. I love the feature to download more songs and the ability to switch discs without restarting the game. I wish the next volume would come out and that there were continual updates to the online store (granted I have already bought probably 90 songs).

I like the mix of genres and time periods of the songs. I wish there were more country artists and 1950-6-'s music, maybe some show tunes or old standards too! I suppose they don't all have videos...but I bet Sony could solve that.

My friends have enjoyed coming over to play the game, and even the most shy guests will sing because you can control the volume of the video and the mic volume well. We like the challenges that are available to play in groups plus the head to head singing challenge.
on December 30, 2012
Bought this for my newlywed daughter and son-in-law for Christmas. They have a game night and someone brought these one night and they had a blast!! We all can't stop laughing (and trying to out-do each other)!! Only downside is you really need to purchase more songs(you do this through your PS3 account) and they are only good on the PS3 you purchase through so you have to take your game box with you if you want your songs :-) But this is still an awesome time with friends and family! 5 year old granddaughter loves it.
on March 27, 2010
* Please note my comments are applicable to the Singstar series overall and not just vol. 2.

Singstar vol. 2 is as of this writing the latest game in my PS3 library. The song content here is arguably better than in vol. 1, and as all the generic releases the song selection may not please everyone.

The song selection is varied, with the intention for the game to be a karaoke for anyone to step up and sing rather than a genre or age-specific affair; this is both its strength and weakness. This being a game for home use it is better suited for people that like to sing anything, and families with teenage kids where parents like to sing as well. This is not a bad thing for those that enjoy music as some of these songs grow on you.

All Singstar releases are virtually the same when it comes to look and feel, features, and navigation with a notable exception being voice-enabled navigation of the song selection menu in the Latino version. In addition, the band-specific versions having a custom intro and theme.

The main menu of the game may be customized with a wallpaper or theme. The different volumes do not add to the limited selection. I find this disappointing as this would be an enticement to buy more discs.

The game video resolution may go up to Full HD 1080p, but the song videos are not in hi-definition and look a bit fuzzy. The videos of older songs do not appear to have been put through any video processing to clean them up and the colors sometimes are washed out.

The song volume song-to-song is not always leveled and is very apparent when switching from new to old songs.

Be aware the lyrics of some songs in this and the other Singstar games are full of sex reference and profanity, and the videos don't fall too far behind.

Overall this is a great game. I do however advice getting any of the Singstar games while on clearance rather than full price.
on February 16, 2013
this is a good game to have, we are able to buy more music that we like from this game. it's the only singstar that allows you to buy more games from the store. The songs are very up to date and still able to get great oldies too. for just $1.25 each song well worth it. when we tend to buy games that only have a few songs we like and have to buy more games just to have the songs we want. this truly is a all in one game :)