4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, but that's not bad.
Published on December 2, 2008 by Jeremy Manuel

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game. Average song content.
* Please note my comments are applicable to the Singstar series overall and not just vol. 2.

Singstar vol. 2 is as of this writing the latest game in my PS3 library. The song content here is arguably better than in vol. 1, and as all the generic releases the song selection may not please everyone.

The song selection is varied, with the intention for...
Published on March 27, 2010 by dash-o

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, but that's not bad., December 2, 2008
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) (Video Game)
For those who have played any of Sony's SingStar franchise, you won't really be surprised by what is on this disc. While it is a little different than the PS2 SingStar titles which are all organized around a theme like Pop, Rock, or Country it is just like the first PS3 SingStar that gives you a mix of songs from a number of different genres. In some ways this is a good thing for those who like a number of different genres, but you always run the risk of having songs or genres you don't like being added into the mix. I know personally I found songs I didn't like or just didn't know on the game, but nothing that would cause me to not recommend it.

Also the disc supports disc swap with the other PS3 SingStar and any of the songs that you downloaded from the SingStore with the first PS3 title. The SingStore has hundreds of various songs that you can download whenever. The song mix could be better for the North American audiences, but there is a wide range of genres that you should be able to find something that suits your taste. The major flaw of a release like this, and why I rate it a four, is that with a system like the SingStore it seems unnecessary to release a new disc based game every so often when you could just upload the content to have users download as they pleased, instead of being forced songs you may not really want. Still though, if you love singing and have friends that do as well, this makes for a great party game to have fun with and with something like karaoke more songs are always welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Singstar 2 Review, February 12, 2009
Jillian L. Widger (Canton, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) (Video Game)
I was never really into karaoke, but I love this game. It is very easy to use and a ton of fun. My family plays it almost every Friday night. There is a wide variety of music, so there is something for everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a gamer, but a singer, music video fan and I love this game!, February 11, 2009
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) (Video Game)
I have thoroughly enjoyed SingStar Volumes 1 and 2 for the PS3. I love the feature to download more songs and the ability to switch discs without restarting the game. I wish the next volume would come out and that there were continual updates to the online store (granted I have already bought probably 90 songs).

I like the mix of genres and time periods of the songs. I wish there were more country artists and 1950-6-'s music, maybe some show tunes or old standards too! I suppose they don't all have videos...but I bet Sony could solve that.

My friends have enjoyed coming over to play the game, and even the most shy guests will sing because you can control the volume of the video and the mic volume well. We like the challenges that are available to play in groups plus the head to head singing challenge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game. Average song content., March 27, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) (Video Game)

The song selection is varied, with the intention for the game to be a karaoke for anyone to step up and sing rather than a genre or age-specific affair; this is both its strength and weakness. This being a game for home use it is better suited for people that like to sing anything, and families with teenage kids where parents like to sing as well. This is not a bad thing for those that enjoy music as some of these songs grow on you.

All Singstar releases are virtually the same when it comes to look and feel, features, and navigation with a notable exception being voice-enabled navigation of the song selection menu in the Latino version. In addition, the band-specific versions having a custom intro and theme.

The main menu of the game may be customized with a wallpaper or theme. The different volumes do not add to the limited selection. I find this disappointing as this would be an enticement to buy more discs.

The game video resolution may go up to Full HD 1080p, but the song videos are not in hi-definition and look a bit fuzzy. The videos of older songs do not appear to have been put through any video processing to clean them up and the colors sometimes are washed out.

The song volume song-to-song is not always leveled and is very apparent when switching from new to old songs.

Be aware the lyrics of some songs in this and the other Singstar games are full of sex reference and profanity, and the videos don't fall too far behind.

Overall this is a great game. I do however advice getting any of the Singstar games while on clearance rather than full price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE SINGSTAR!, April 10, 2010
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) (Video Game)
My friends and I LOVE to get together and play SingStar!!! I have the EyeToy as well so it's fun to be able to watch yourself back and laugh at each other or pretend we're total divas. The best part of the game is being able to download songs off the Sing Store, although it's kinda a joke since this game is not popular in the U.S. but VERY popular in the U.K. and rest of Europe, so all of the songs are weird British songs that no one here knows. That being said, I've downloaded over 100 songs, so if you can root through them all, you'll find some gems. The Sing Store is updated every week or two weeks, usually with disappointing selections, but once in a while you get lucky! Overall the game is super fun if you're a karaoke dork like me, and I'd recommend buying both Volumes 1 & 2. I got Volume 3 while I was over in Scotland since for some reason they refuse to release it here in the U.S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good karaoke game, November 10, 2013
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) (Video Game)
Most of the songs are old and nobody wants to sing them, it's better to download them from the singstore

5.0 out of 5 stars i love music + love games = awesome purchase!, February 22, 2011
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) (Video Game)
my husband surprised me with this game and i LOVE it!!! such a HUGE hit when we host game nights, family nights, and/or couples nights! you can sing solo or duet and even battle it out! my little brother and i get a kick out of singing the duets but we switch the gender roles lol! sooo much fun! you dont have to sing good to win either. you just have to be able to hit the right pitch and so on. the only thing i wish they would have made different was the song selection. although there are some great songs i wish the online store would have even more to choose from. but trust me, there is still a ton to choose from.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Fun, November 7, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) (Video Game)
This is one of the six PS3 SingStar titles that I own. Am I talented singer? No! But this is a great game for the whole family and if you bring this or any other SingStar title out at a party it will be a hit. (I have been asked to bring my PS3 over to friend's houses for parties it is so much fun. I recommend this highly if you are at all social.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 6, 2014
Ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Great variety in song choices., April 9, 2014
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) (Video Game)
Got exactly what I expected...a great song list and plenty of options on it. Thanks again, SingStar...I will be enjoying this with my family for quite sometime.

SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone)
SingStar Vol. 2 - Playstation 3 (Stand Alone) by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$39.99 $19.99