Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Singable Songs Collection
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 21, 2000
This set includes three of Raffi's most popular records and is a great way to build a collection. These songs never seem to wear thin or become annoying like many other arrangements do. In fact, I know the recordings so well that I often catch myself singing the next song before it starts.
The song selection is quite diverse. Some of the songs have a positive message, like about brushing your teeth or sharing with others. Other songs celebrate the joyful experience of being a child, like "Shake My Sillie's Out," "I Wonder If I'm Growing," or "Bumping Up and Down." Then there are ones that are just plain fun like "Willoughby Wallaby Woo" or "Oh Me, Oh My." But Raffi also includes some classic folk songs, like "Swing Low Sweet Chariot," "I've Been Working on the Railroad," and "Goodnight Irene." There are very few "duds" on this collection; most are the type of song that will just pop into your head someday, and for no reason at all you will find yourself humming it.
My daughter loves these CD's and always breaks out in a wide smile after hearing the first few chords. Partially, I think she smiles because they always put me in a good mood too. Hey, you can't beat that!
on February 17, 2001
These wonderful singable songs are children's classics. Every parent should own this collection. Raffi's music is silly and "just right" for little children. Adults will find themselves singing along too!
With this collection, you get three of the five "must have" Raffi CD's. This collection, in my opinion, is the finest children's music ever recorded. Start listening early (age one).
The first Raffi disc, Singable Songs for the Very Young, revolutionized the way artists approached children's music. It stands as a benchmark to compare all other children's recordings against, and other children's music grades very poorly compared to Raffi. Raffi is the Mr. Rogers of children's music, but funny.
Also buy his concert video (pure magic!) or his concert CD, which older kids love too. Our family loves Raffi, and so will you!
on February 22, 2000
Our family loves Raffi, and we want to share him with you. His songs are really silly, great to sing along with, and never seem to get old - even for us adults. We have all his tapes in our car, and the children ask for him every time we are out. His songs are just right for little people; nothing else can compare. Our kids love his music so much! I am so grateful we discovered his music.
We have all three CD's in this collection and love them all. My favorite Raffi is still Singable Songs for the Very Young (with a Peanut Butter Sandwich), but all the discs in this collection are wonderful.
Our other all-time favorite Raffi's, if we had to narrow them down, are Raffi in Concert with the Rise and Shine Band (CD) and Raffi in Concert (a must-have video). But this set is definitely worth owning. There are a dozen of other great CD's from Raffi to choose from, too, and any of them will do nicely with a peanut butter sandwich.
on February 23, 2006
30 years ago Raffi set the standard, a standard nobody has been able to match since then. Sure there are choices for children's music, but nobody has made a life-long career writing and performing the worlds best family friendly music. Raffi has even written and performed for the Dalia Lama, who in turn, has written the forward to Raffi's "Child Honoring" ([...])

If you're looking to have fun with and enrich your children, Raffi never fails. He is the gold standard. And this collection contains the cornerstones to his career. A great collection starter.
on January 22, 2006
I have 4 kids ranging in age from nearly 20 yrs down to 6 weeks old. The 2 older kids loved Raffi (on cassette) when they were little and when I bought all the Raffi CDs when my now 34 month old was first born, they had fun reminiscing and listening to the music all over again with their little brother. Heck, even I enjoy listening to Raffi in the car, LOL. It's fun music for the whole family, in my opinion. The lyrics are fun and the melodies are easy to learn and remember.
on August 8, 1999
If you have young children, or know someone who does, this collection of music cannot be beat. Just ask the kids. If you want to know more about Raffi the man, read his recently authored autobiography called RAFFI: LIFE OF A CHILDREN'S TROUBADOUR. I enjoyed it from cover to cover. What a gift this man has given to the children of our world!
on October 10, 2005
This is an excellant collection for kids of all ages! My only disappointment was that "Baby Baluga" was not part of this collection, and that there was no way to know that before I purchased it.
on August 14, 2005
Hooray for The Singable Songs Collection. With 3 CDs this collection is a must for any parent whose child loves music. My daughter, 2 years, will go to the CD player and demand, "More music, Mommy!" when the CD ends. She loves to dance and sing to the simple fun tunes.
on March 31, 1999
I am writing because I think this CD is really good. Even though I am only a month old, I really like it. I stop whatever I am doing to sit and listen. Later I'll be able to sing along. My mum's friend sent it as a gift, and she likes listening to it too. I really recommend it, and so does she.
on December 28, 2015
Awesome for kids to sing along in the car! I take a 4 yr old to story time at the library every Wed and she tells me to put RAFFI on. We sing the songs on the way to library. She is now 6 and she still enjoys the songs. Of course, she has her favorites. It makes it fun when you're going on a special trip or day. Sets the 'time together' as a special time singing along with RAFFI. Better than a kid sitting in the car listening to you talk on the phone or holding a tablet watching a tv show or playing video game. Raffi brings parents and kids together!