5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine
Published on March 28, 2012 by L. Pintoro

2.0 out of 5 stars Thread Eater!
Published on December 7, 2009 by S. Brandt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, March 28, 2012
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
Ok....this machine seems to have mixed reviews. I hate seeing that since mine is so awesome. I got this machine in February of last year. So a little over a year ago. It was my very first sewing machine. The bobbin...never had an issue. Thread catching...only when my machine was threaded wrong or needed to be cleaned. I really feel that finding the "right"'machine for you is like picking a husband. You have to date it a little, get the feel of it, and ask yourself "can I put up with all of your crap for the rest of my life?" All machines will have some issues, but if you know your machine, you will know how you need to touch it to make it work for you. Lol. Anyway. That is just my two cents on this. As for the "S" on your stitch length.../it is absolutely there. You just have to push it a little harder than normal to get to it. I think that is to avoid you randomly changing your stitches when just trying to change the length.

So yeah. Great machine. I would recommend to a friend..

2.0 out of 5 stars Thread Eater!, December 7, 2009
S. Brandt (Lee's Summit, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I haven't been overly impressed with this machine. Unless you have a death grip on the starting threads, they will be pulled into the machine and lock it up. I found the foot patel very difficult to get use to. When I press down and it either sounds like the machine is having trouble starting up or goes 90mph and is hard to control. I've given it almost a month and just can't take it anymore. I'm taking this machine back tonight.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thread and fabric jams, February 22, 2010
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I bought this machine from Joann Fabrics and returned it in less than a week. I sewed two fleece sweaters and had the thread jam in the first one. Not too bad, I was able to get the thread yanked out of the mechanism. But on the second sweater it actually pulled the fabric into the mechanism! I had to yank and tore a hole in the back of my garment. When I returned it to the store, the manager said she has the same machine and when it jams she just turns the bobbin around!

My old machine is a 29 year old Kenmore with limited stitches and it has served me well for that time. Since this newer mechanical model had more trouble than my old machine, I decided to take the leap and purchase a computerized Brother model (PC-420). It's much more expensive, but I guess it's time to take the leap. Will let you know how it goes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Singer 2932 Sewing Machine, December 12, 2010
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
After reading all the instructions It's sewing great. I had a little trouble with the bobbin, but once I got it in right and tread right, it working great.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love It Now, June 24, 2012
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I got this sewing machine as a wedding gift and have had it for over a year and half. I had trouble with it when I first started using it with the same issues other people have had, with the thread jamming and the machine pulling the fabric into where the bobbin is. The problem stems from lack of proper threading of the top thread and the bobbin thread as well as using the wrong kind of thread for the fabric. The only problem with the machine I found was the attached needle threader was very stiff and hard to use in the beginning, but loosened up over time and works great now.

I use my machine every day. In the last year I have become an avid quilter and this machine is great for piecing (I have yet to try quilting something on it, but with the dropable feed dogs I'm not the slightest bit worried). The foot pedal is sensitive enough that you can control the speed of your stitches with ease, but it does take some getting use to (like everything else).

Now, I really love this sewing machine. Once I got used to it I haven't had any problems. I might upgrade down the line to something more professional for my quilting, but this is a fantastic machine and I will gladly use it for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sewing machine that could, July 1, 2010
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I Have had this sewing machine for a little while now and i really love it. it is the best sewing machine i have ever owned and i dont know what i would do without it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, June 19, 2012
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I've had this machine for about two years. I sew kids clothes to sell online, so I use it quite frequently. I'm surprised at the low rating, so I wanted to throw my two cents in here.

What I love:
Lots of useful stitch options. I used the stretch stitch just last week for the first time and it worked really well.
Inexpensive
Easy to maintain
Super easy button hole

I'm giving it four stars instead of five, because the bobbin thread occasionally creates bird nests and it also can't handle lots of layers (5+) very well. If you are looking for a good beginner machine, this one would be a great choice. I really recommend reading the manual as well. It gives very explicit instructions and will save you time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine for the price, April 6, 2013
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I have used my machine for 3 years. I was a brand new quilter and bought it for piecing quilt tops. It has been quite dependable for me. I have sewn 9 large quilt tops and many smaller quilts and projects with it. If I start to get thread snarls I have learned to rethread the machine and re-place the bobbin, and that fixes it. The hand crank has gotten stiff since I first bought it, but it works. I regularly clean the lint out of the bobbin area, every time I change the bobbin. And I put a drop or two of oil in it every 4-5 months. My sister swears by this for all of her sewing machines. I am considering buying up to a better Singer model and have been reading the reviews. They are quite mixed. Some have loved their machine, some have had timing problems and other problems consistently. I think there is little quality control in the manufacturing of these machines anymore, causing this total thumbs up/thumbs down difference. I guess you just have to hope that you haven't bought a lemon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with the buttonholer, February 13, 2012
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I bought this machine yesterday at JoAnn and returned it today. I thought that all new machines now come with top drop-in bobbins. My mistake. If it had just been that, I would have kept it. However, one of the features that is important to me in a new machine is an automatic buttonholer. I made about a dozen buttonholes with the automatic one-step buttonholer and tried all different settings. They all come out very thin and don't appear to be substantial enough to hold up under multiple uses. Not a good machine for garment sewing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Is it worth it?, January 14, 2012
Le Monde "Le Monde" (Belly Dance around the globe.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I bought this machine once and had major problems with thread and fabric jams. I took it back to joann fabrics where I purchased it and they gave me a new one. Thinking I was doing something wrong I had the sales rep show me how to thread the machine and work the tension.Not only did the machine still jam The reverse button broke on the machine, the store I had purchased it from closed down I only spent around $130.00 for it. The shipping and handling alone would be too much to even send it back to get fixed, it was almost half the amount I paid to get the machine. Unfortunately I will not be purchasing another singer machine. This is the second product that I have bought from them that has not worked right.It is a hassel to keep taking machines back.

SINGER 2932 Sewing Machine