Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 5, 2012
I recently ordered one of these for my mother after seeing the same item on the Singer website for twice the price. We were a bit skeptical because the one on Amazon says it's by "Goldstar", but we decided to try it first and send it back if she wasn't happy. She loves it. It even came in packaging that said "Singer" and no mention of "goldstar". She was so happy with it that she wanted me to order her sister one (only a day or two after she recieved her first one). Easy enough on Amazon with a few clicks and it was done. When she recieved the second one it was in different packaging and the unit itself wasn't the same quality as the first one. Much of the metal was thinner, the foot plate was more narrow and it had more plastic parts...even though it actually had "singer" on the plastic housing (the first one we recieved didn't have any thing on the housing). SO, I began checking my order history and found that the first unit (the better one) shipped from "World Weidner" and the second one (the lesser one) shipped from "Metropalitans Warehouse". I also found that when placing the item in my shopping cart, I could have selected either vendor, I just simply didn't pay it any attention and went with the default vendor at the time. In all fairness, both units fit and work fine. But they are obviously different and one looks like it will last longer and hold up to heavier use. The part numbers on both units are exactly the same, so it could just be that the two vendors have units from different production runs. Just something to consider.
BTW this unit also fits a Singer model 5511, that isn't listed in the models on the amazon site.
33 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2012
After reading scads of books on quilting and machine quilting, I broke down and bought a walking foot for my very inexpensive Singer Simple machine. This food is not made by Singer, but is high quality none the less. It made machine quilting so much easier than I ever thought possible. The material, including the batting, cruised under the foot like a dream. I have left it on the machine for small sewing projects as well and have found it makes thicker material easier to sew. I highly recommend this item for every machine!
on October 30, 2011
I bought this for my older Singer sewing machine, model 1120, which is about 10 years old and one of the entry-level machines that were available at my local discount store, i.e. not a fancy or complicated machine. I originally bought this foot to practice straight-line quilting, but I have yet to have time to use it for that. However, I have used it to hem fleece pants and it worked so much better than the basic presser foot--it prevented the frustrating gathering and puckering that I had experienced in the past. My walking foot did come with a little sheet of instructions that showed how to install it, which was still a little tricky, but once you figure it out, you'll be able to install and remove it easily. The only problem I had, although this has more to do with my machine than the walking foot, was that my pressure foot lever only has one position--it does not raise up very high off the feeder dogs. The walking foot seems to sit a bit lower--leaving less clearance between the foot and the feeder dogs--than the presser foot, so I really had to flatten and sort of angle-in/wedge the fleece to get it under the walking foot, however, once the fabric was in place, the walking foot worked really, really well. I was hemming fleece pajama bottoms that were pretty thick (probably close to the thickness of 2 layers of cotton and quilting batting) and the hems came out straight without any puckering. If your machine has a multi-level presser foot, you should have plenty of clearance for your fabric with this foot. Very happy with the added capabilities this gives my old machine.
on August 16, 2014
This design relies on a spring inside to return the arm pictured to the down position when the presser foot lowers on each stitch. Once the spring gets stretched via normal use, the item is shot. I wore one out after 1 twin sized quilt!

Better to get the kind that has a U shaped arm - I am now using this one and am much happier:
on January 14, 2012
I ordered this from Metropolitans Warehouse. The foot arrived in a timely manner and works great on My Singer® Confidence 7463. I feel I should point out that it is not a genuine Singer® part, which I don't think is clear from the description.
on April 2, 2012
This walking foot was exactly what I was looking for to fit my Singer Stylist 7258. As mentioned in previous reviews, the foot does not come with instructions on how to attach. I was quickly able to figure it out on my own. I've only been using the foot for 3 weeks, but has held up well, so far.
on January 28, 2015
I was worried based on other reviews, but am SO glad I purchased this! This exact one sells for $19.99 at JoAnns Fabric so this is a great deal for about $12! It took less than 1 minute to put on and start sewing. It does NOT come with directions, but there's lots of YouTube videos that can show you how to install it if you're unsure. You must remove your presser foot entirely and screw this on. The forked arm goes around the arm that holds the needle. I am a beginner and this was simple to use! I tested it out immediately with 4 layers of cotton that I routinely have trouble sewing with my standard presser foot. I always get puckering and slipping and it never comes out flat. This fed the top and bottom layers at the same rate so it came out even and flat! I was also SHOCKED to discover that this inexpensive walking foot does more than most similar walking feet in the higher price points! Most similar products do not back stitch or allow for zig zag stitches or stretch stitches. This does!!! It feeds all layers of the fabric evenly during a backstitch and zig zag! Of course, test out the zigzag stitch width slowly with your hand wheel first to make sure you won't break your needle. I have a Brother XR9500PRW (computerized project runway machine) and it works like a dream!!!

So to summarize:
*Easy to install
*Genuine singer product
*Backstitch and zigzag work!
*Feeds multiple layers of fabric evenly
*Still allows the use of my automatic needle threader.
review image
on October 7, 2013
Don't let the brand fool you. This worked with my brother SE400. It is cheap and wonderful. Why pay $40 for the brother version?
on July 2, 2011
This was so great! The feed teeth were better with this model then the original one that came with my machine. Than you
on July 24, 2011
This little device works very well and has saved my Mom from having to buy a new sewing machine. A little confused at first on how to put it on, because there were no instructions, but we soon figured it out and fortunately it works great!