Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Singing Machine SML-383P CDG Karaoke Player
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 21, 2012
As usual my husband waited until the last minute to buy out daughter her Christmas gift! So 4 days before Christmas I told him that he should get a karaoke machine because out daughter loves to sing. When we started looking their were not a lot of options and most had bad reviews. This product was the only one he could find that had decent reviews. So he purchased it. So far we are delighted with this karaoke player.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2012
The product features say it has an Audio Aux In/Output and it does not. If anyone is buying this thinking they can hook an iPod or MP3 player up to it don't buy this one.
on January 4, 2012
Amazon, A+ as always. Singing Machine, improve your quality. CD door very flimsy and I could see breaking in the first week. Loading and operating would not be very kid friendly. Very disappointed in karaoke machines in general and especially Singing Machine brands. We have bought three before and since Christmas for our daughter. This one was returned the morning after we received it. This is the exact same machine as the 383 (Black) model. The Pink cost $30.00 more but my daughter wanted Pink, it is a Christmas present after all. The Black model had pretty good reviews so I thought this would just as good. Maybe it received the great reviews because it was only $40.00. Even at that price I would be hard pressed to give it a good review. I am not an angry parent ranting on this company. I have spent several hours researching kids machines and the Singing Machine brand falls way short in the quality department. In general I say good luck finding a decent machine geared towards kids. Like I said before, we are on are third one since Christmas and we have finally found a Memorex brand that seems pretty good, although twice as much and not Pink.
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2013
I didn't want to buy I really expensive karaoke system for my 6 year old. This one has surpassed my expectations. My daughter loves that it's bright pink and she loves the disco lights. Everything on it works great and we haven't had any problems. The microphone is very clear and you can control the mic volume and the music volume seperately. The echo control is lots of fun too. And I love that it also works as a CD player and she can sing along to her non karaoke CD's too. Great purchase!
on July 27, 2014
Great product except for the microphone. It is just not loud enough to hear the child singing or even hear herself sing. I need to write to the manufacturer to find out what else can be done to make the mike work better. Perhaps it is not the mike but the product itself. She loved receiving it but has lost interest fast because she can barely hear herself.
on March 8, 2015
If I had to purchase this item again I probably wouldn't waste the money. The microphone broke after one use. The shell itself is very cheap. It's disappointing that you can't connect a phone or other device unless you go purchase a special cord. There should already be an adapter on the machine for it.
on December 27, 2012
Great machine, easy and fun to use. My daughter LOVES it! I would definetly recommend this to friends and family.
on January 28, 2014
i think there is hope for this yet. i bought it for my 2 yo, prob too young. i have some cute vid but it not just sits in a chest. Noe that she is 3, perhaps we will have more luck with her desire to use it. For her age, its' a bit confusing (controls) and intimidating.
on May 4, 2013
My next door neighbor has this and we played with it. We had fun but the only bad thing is that it does not tell you the words on the machine but in the CD case that you buy separate otherwise it is great.
on August 12, 2013
My daughter absolutely loves this karaoke machine. The microphone to this machine is the best, because it still works after all the punishment she may put it through. She had the Barbie Boom Box, and the microphone was the first thing to stop working. After that, it stopped playing CDs. Likewise, this karaoke machine is holding up to her quite well.