Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: Glossy Exclusive Paper|Change

on August 2, 2012
I decided to rig up a karaoke system using some karaoke software and an old pc, but of course i needed microphones. Most importantly, these look right- this is what you want to be holding when you are singing. They sound good enough for karaoke use, but only when i ran them through a USB mic adapter. When i was running them through a mic/line in port, the volume was very low and it was very hard to balance it with the music. That's why I'm docking them one star. On the other hand, most computers would only have 1 mic port anyway, so if you want to sing with a partner you're better off getting a pair of cheap, identical, usb to mic adapters. The build quality was pretty decent and very important, they come with a 3.5mm adapter so you can connect them to most computer equipment as it uses that TRS size (its native 1/4 inch or 6.5mm). So if you want to sing karaoke at home, buy a pair of these and if you're looking to hook them up to a PC don't forget 2 cheap usb sound adapters. They're definitely worth the investment.
1515 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2012
This karaoke microphone works great with our Insignia karaoke machine. It also comes with a 3.5mm adaptor which comes in handy to plug the microphone into your stereo.
on May 2, 2014
We were looking for a low-cost microphone to add to our karaoke machine and, based on the good reviews on here, went ahead and purchased one. It was well-packaged and came with convenient adapters. Physically, it felt well-built and sturdy. This mic worked fine at first, and sounded decent for the price. Over a few weeks, it started working intermittently and also introduced lots of hum into the machine. Then the switch started malfunctioning to the point where you had to hold pressure on it to keep the mic on. It was too late to return the item, so we bought another one thinking it was just a fluke. The new one worked out of the package, but after 1/2 hour of singing, it started doing the same thing, and eventually stopped working altogether. Two chances is all this manufacturer gets. I would not recommend this mic to anyone.
on March 23, 2011
I had looked for a while before I found the correct microphones for my kids Karaoke machine. These work great and a very reasonable price.
on October 29, 2015
Cheap dollar store microphone. What I received was not singing machine brand, made of plastic, and came in an open package. Did not recieve product as pictures.
review image
on November 21, 2015
Excellent for the price of just $30 bucks. You can't go wrong. I'm still figuring it out completely using the karaoke apps and recording the video when singing etc. Some songs we seem to get a feedback from speakers and or mic, not sure exactly why. Volume of song would have to be turned down to eliminate feedback. Mic cords only go so far away so it wasn't that. I adjusted the knobs and manage to fix it. I really love it , it's a great gift for my 8 year old daughters bday party. The girls all had a blast, and it was afforable fun! By the way this comes with 2 mics!!! I bought an extra mic thinking it only had 1 because it only pictured 1 even though description said 2., so I have an extra now for the keyboard lol!
review image
on September 29, 2013
I bought this microphone in June for a Karaoke machine I bought on Amazon. It worked fine while it lasted. The sound was OK. But two months later it started acting up and voice would disappear in the middle of singing. Now it does not make any sound at all. Waste of money. When I buy products, I would expect it to be reliable.
The microphone that came with the Karaoke machine still works like new no matter what Mic outlet you plug it into, so this is not an issue with connection.
on May 26, 2012
It works, but not much better than the cheapie one that came with the karaoke player. It has slightly better volume, but when singing higher notes, it can crackle. It is nothing fancy, but it does work. The only thing that puts this mic above other cheaper mics is it comes with an adapter for computer use. Order it if you really need one that doesn't break the bank, but if you can afford a few dollars more, look for a better one.
33 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2014
Brand new out of the package and didn't work. Bought for our wedding and because it didn't work, everyone at our wedding had a hard time hearing the best man and maid of honor speeches. It's tough to get people to clear the dance floor if they can't hear the DJ announcing the bride and groom's first dance. Super disappointed.
on August 14, 2012
I bought this mic. not too sure of how it would work because its price is cheap. but it was great for my karaoke machine and I came back and order another one. I recommend it.