Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 1-BUD Single-Ear Stereo Earphone w/ 3.5mm Plug and 3 sizes of rubber eartips - for MP3 Players, Tablets, and all Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad Models -Black
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 15, 2012
I bought this for use at work. The fact that both channels are played through the same earbud was the reason I chose it. The 90 degree turn on the jack was a nice addition, since my iPod's leather case tends to destroy the straight kind.

Unfortunately, the quality of workmanship leaves quite a bit to be desired. The sound quality, for one, is atrocious. Think Skullcandy. The bass is too strong, while the trebble is muffled and indistinct. I ended up switching to the 'trebble boost' equalizer preset to compensate, but I still haven't gotten it to sound quite as good as my old Sony earbuds (model#MDR-EX10LP/DBL, MSRP $14.99).

It's also uncomfortable. The 'speaker' is about double the thickness of other earbuds I've owned, which makes it tend to scratch the inside of my ear canal unless I put it in completely straight.

Finally, a litte about the construction. The insulation around the wire is pretty thin, about the same thickness as regular earbuds. The problem is, since there's only the one wire, it's easier to do damage to it when it's inevitably snagged on something. If only it were braided nylon....

If you need a stereo-to-mono earbud, spend a couple extra bucks and get a Brite Bud from Far End Gear instead of this piece of crap.
on January 5, 2014
My daughter only has hearing in one ear. Standard earbuds are in stereo, so she only hears half the music. These allow her to hear the whole song in her good ear. She says it's soft and comfortable to wear.
on February 6, 2013
Without a second headphone dangling to get caught in the chair or just generally look sloppy, this really is the best compromise I've found between working in an office environment and being able to listen to music or other media. Great quality sound, very comfortable in the ear even for long periods, but quiet enough that when held away from the ear you can't hear anything at all. Great product.
on October 27, 2012
I'm on my second of these and I am still quite happy with it. (The first one died due to the Acoustigrip clip I had attached to the cable cutting through it.) Great sound, more than adequate cable length... However, my ONE gripe is the thickness of the cable. If the outer covering could be made thicker I think it would help reduce the possibility of fraying or breaking, particularly due to attaching a cable clip. The inclusion of a cable clip for attaching to the collar would also be nice.
on September 30, 2014
It may not for everyone but work for me perfectly for my working environment. I like to listen the audio/video when I work, but cannot afford to cover both ears. Standard ear bud is too heavy if I only wear one ear bud for long time. The audio is clear and sound quality is good.
on April 2, 2015
This is great! Wonderful sound yet I can hear and communicate with those around me. I've recommended to friends. I wouldn't use earphones when walking prior to getting this because I felt it was not safe to hear cars and steps behind me. This stereo one is much better than another brands mono single earphone.
on June 18, 2012
I like to listen to music while I ride my bike but I don't want to be totally unaware of what's going on around me. Over the years, I've worn regular in-ear style phones with just one in. I also bought various cheap sets and trimmed off one phone, but that always left me with only one channel. Many times, that's no big deal but with some music, it makes it very hard to listen to.

I found this on here, ordered it and my first impression is very positive. Super comfortable, light weight, a surprising amount of bass and plenty of volume(I'm not sure what happened to the other reviewer's ear bud). Just got it, but so far, a big thumbs up.
on February 16, 2013
I've been using a 1-BUD for years at work. My desk is in an open, shared work area where speakers would be annoying to to my colleagues, and a conventional headset would make me seem unapproachable. This little single bud is perfect for when I need to hear something, as well as for occasionally listening to music without tuning out my surroundings. The sound quality is decent for an inexpensive single bud. I just bought a replacement, but only so I'd have one "waiting in the wings." My current bud is five years old and still going strong!
on May 24, 2013
I bought this so that I could listen to my iPod while bicycling, and so far I love it. I never felt safe wearing two earphones while riding, so I'd tie the left one down and only listen with the right ear, thereby losing a full channel. But this does the trick: left and right channels both in the same ear. I'm sure of it, because when I was riding yesterday and Judas Priest's Solar Angels came on - (you know you love it, too) - I could hear the full sound of the angels whooshing back and forth, side to side, which is normally audible only in stereo. Is the sound quality good? Heck, I don't know. It's certainly good enough for zooming along at 20 mph with the wind whistling thru one's ears. ...which brings me to the other feature I like: it's shaped with a flattened outer surface that makes it easy to push the bud deep into one's ear canal for a good seal - (think Mr. Smith in the Matrix) - and that greatly reduces the swirling headwind in that ear, which has plagued me with some other earphones that I've tried. The only remaining question is how well it will stand up to the mileage. If poorly, I'll come back and edit my review. But 5 stars for now.
on December 12, 2013
The sound is great, not tinny or scratchy like my old cheap earphones. It really does feel like stereo sound, even though it's only in one ear. The ergonomics are excellent, too; it feels comfortable and does not slip out. I've only had it about a month so am not sure yet about reliability.

See 1 answered question