5.0 out of 5 stars It is really great
The wire could be a little stronger.. But the sound is fantastic. I would recommend this item for everyone who needs a mono ear phone.
Published 19 months ago by richard t pavia

2.0 out of 5 stars Unique features, but disappointing quality
I bought this for use at work. The fact that both channels are played through the same earbud was the reason I chose it. The 90 degree turn on the jack was a nice addition, since my iPod's leather case tends to destroy the straight kind.

Published on August 15, 2012 by Aric England

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Unique features, but disappointing quality, August 15, 2012
Aric England (WESTERVILLE, OHIO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1-BUD Single-Ear Stereo Earphone w/ 3.5mm Plug and 3 sizes of rubber eartips - for MP3 Players, Tablets, and all Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad Models -Black (Electronics)

Unfortunately, the quality of workmanship leaves quite a bit to be desired. The sound quality, for one, is atrocious. Think Skullcandy. The bass is too strong, while the trebble is muffled and indistinct. I ended up switching to the 'trebble boost' equalizer preset to compensate, but I still haven't gotten it to sound quite as good as my old Sony earbuds (model#MDR-EX10LP/DBL, MSRP $14.99).

It's also uncomfortable. The 'speaker' is about double the thickness of other earbuds I've owned, which makes it tend to scratch the inside of my ear canal unless I put it in completely straight.

Finally, a litte about the construction. The insulation around the wire is pretty thin, about the same thickness as regular earbuds. The problem is, since there's only the one wire, it's easier to do damage to it when it's inevitably snagged on something. If only it were braided nylon....

If you need a stereo-to-mono earbud, spend a couple extra bucks and get a Brite Bud from Far End Gear instead of this piece of crap.

4.0 out of 5 stars unilateral hearing loss, January 5, 2014
My daughter only has hearing in one ear. Standard earbuds are in stereo, so she only hears half the music. These allow her to hear the whole song in her good ear. She says it's soft and comfortable to wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is really great, May 22, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great earphone, February 6, 2013
John Hynds (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
Without a second headphone dangling to get caught in the chair or just generally look sloppy, this really is the best compromise I've found between working in an office environment and being able to listen to music or other media. Great quality sound, very comfortable in the ear even for long periods, but quiet enough that when held away from the ear you can't hear anything at all. Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did what I wanted, January 14, 2013
But would love a version with a shorter cord (about 15"). I'm using this with a clip-on bluetooth headset and now I have to wind up the excess cord.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1-Bud single ear stereo earphone, October 31, 2012
Works as promised. Fits comfortably in the ear. You get to hear all of the song in one ear, not just the chanel. Well worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for safe biking, May 24, 2013
I bought this so that I could listen to my iPod while bicycling, and so far I love it. I never felt safe wearing two earphones while riding, so I'd tie the left one down and only listen with the right ear, thereby losing a full channel. But this does the trick: left and right channels both in the same ear. I'm sure of it, because when I was riding yesterday and Judas Priest's Solar Angels came on - (you know you love it, too) - I could hear the full sound of the angels whooshing back and forth, side to side, which is normally audible only in stereo. Is the sound quality good? Heck, I don't know. It's certainly good enough for zooming along at 20 mph with the wind whistling thru one's ears. ...which brings me to the other feature I like: it's shaped with a flattened outer surface that makes it easy to push the bud deep into one's ear canal for a good seal - (think Mr. Smith in the Matrix) - and that greatly reduces the swirling headwind in that ear, which has plagued me with some other earphones that I've tried. The only remaining question is how well it will stand up to the mileage. If poorly, I'll come back and edit my review. But 5 stars for now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, just what I needed...one suggestion, October 27, 2012
I'm on my second of these and I am still quite happy with it. (The first one died due to the Acoustigrip clip I had attached to the cable cutting through it.) Great sound, more than adequate cable length... However, my ONE gripe is the thickness of the cable. If the outer covering could be made thicker I think it would help reduce the possibility of fraying or breaking, particularly due to attaching a cable clip. The inclusion of a cable clip for attaching to the collar would also be nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for work, February 16, 2013
Kelly Cannon Hess (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I've been using a 1-BUD for years at work. My desk is in an open, shared work area where speakers would be annoying to to my colleagues, and a conventional headset would make me seem unapproachable. This little single bud is perfect for when I need to hear something, as well as for occasionally listening to music without tuning out my surroundings. The sound quality is decent for an inexpensive single bud. I just bought a replacement, but only so I'd have one "waiting in the wings." My current bud is five years old and still going strong!

4.0 out of 5 stars 1-BUD review, September 6, 2012
WILLIAM MOORE (BROOMALL, PA, US) - See all my reviews
Works well, however, since I am hard of hearing with different hearing levels in each ear a volume control would be usefull for me. I use it in bed at night to listen to cd's to help me go to sleep and the cd player volume control is awkward to operate in the dark. I am on my third 1-BUD since they only last about 6 months before breaking. They always break where the wire attaches to the ear bud because the insulation on the wire dosen't get enclosed by the ear bud attachment opening. This point of design could be improved for my type of use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›