Customer Discussions > SCRABBLE forum

Single-Player Mode Vanished

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 29, 2012 9:49:45 AM PDT
S. Potter says:
I ordered Scrabble (Kindle Fire Edition) on May 3, 2012. Ever since, I have played almost nothing but single-player mode. Today, though, single-player mode is totally absent. The music and fx, which I silenced from day 1, were turned on. I deleted and re-installed with no effect. I logged into my account, again, with no effect. I have contacted EA support. Based on what others report, though, I do not expect a response.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had this issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 11:07:51 AM PDT
Bought the game on Aug. 28, 2012. Played single player several times. Turned on Kindle and now the single option is gone. I gather that there is no fix and my money is gone.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 12:16:55 PM PDT
M. Nunn says:
I also experienced the loss of single player mode. It is simple - if it ain't broke do not fix it. Some yoyo in some development dept. decided to play with it. I suggest you fire the stupid jerk before he destroys they whole system.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 12:37:56 PM PDT
HLB says:
So glad I'm not the only one who is frustrated by the loss of the single player option. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, etc., with no success. I ONLY played this game using that option. Come on, EA...give it back!

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 1:32:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2012 1:56:43 PM PDT
S. Potter says:
Interesting. I see Amazon now lists "Scrabble (Kindle Fire Edition)" as "out of stock" and "currently unavailable".

****Edit: Now I see it's available for purchase again. Single player mode is still gone.******

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 1:46:51 PM PDT
Photos says:
I too lost single player mode today. Even worse, I uninstalled the app from my device. Or thought I did. It's in some kind of limbo-land. I can't reinstall it, there's an icon for it on my screen, but when I select 'remove from device' I get an error message that it can't be found on my Fire. Bah humbug.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 1:48:42 PM PDT
T. K. Richer says:
Not only is the single player mode gone, I lost all of my statistics and several online games I had going. I signed back in, but kept telling me my User name is already in use, so I cannot access my games. No wonder Amazon has it listed as unavailable. I don't blame Amazon, I blame the developer. I am going to give it a one star rating, as should everyone.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 2:16:48 PM PDT
Photos says:
I just found my review of this app - from back in June - and changed it from five stars to one star, with an explanation.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 2:22:56 PM PDT
Cat says:
I just this afternoon lost single player mode and that was really the only reason I purchased it. I am hoping this is just a temporary glitch because I love this game and play all the time. Please fix this!

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 2:23:05 PM PDT
Cat says:
I just this afternoon lost single player mode and that was really the only reason I purchased it. I am hoping this is just a temporary glitch because I love this game and play all the time. Please fix this!

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 2:47:52 PM PDT
pollyhannah says:
interesting that it was unavailable for download and is now available at a cost of 99 cents...i tried downloading this to my smart android phone and the single player option is not available there either (although it is available on iphones, etc)...who's the culprit here who has an ax to grind with android, get him, ax him and give us back the single player option....i am annoyed to read that all the statistics are gone as well

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 3:26:34 PM PDT
M. Nunn says:
Without single player mode it is worthless to me. I will be looking at other game players. This will undoubtedly me to not purchase the new one. Any business that can manage to screw up an app after I purchased it is not worth dealing with. You may have lost a customer unless you fix this. I belong to prime and purchase quite a few items but this really upsets me.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 3:49:13 PM PDT
M. Nunn says:
I would like to know why you chose to update a perfectly fine program. I purchased the game. I did not chose to have it updated to a version that is virtually useless to me. Why could have not just left it alone as it was. It was resting comfortably on my machine and working fine. That is about as mean as a business can get. I did not end up with what I purchased and there is nothing you will do about it.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:22:18 PM PDT
Luckily I had one Kindle Fire with Wireless turned off. The version with Single Player is 1.15.80 and the new update that removes it is 1.16.16. Now if I could replace the new version with a copy of the older one...

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:42:48 PM PDT
Strahnje says:
I only used single player mode. I liked playing the computer. Sucks now. Useless to me now.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:45:03 PM PDT
M. Nunn says:
I would like to ask Amazon why they will not let us reload the old version. I know it can be done and the only reason you will not do it is because some is either too lazy or too dumb to allow it. I will be happy to forego all future upgrades if I can get back to where I was. Come on - some one there must have either brains or a heart. Either will do.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 5:06:49 PM PDT
This is B.S. ! This is the only way I played this game!

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 5:53:54 PM PDT
beachbum says:
I am very upset over losing single player as well! I did not authorize an update and want my old version back!

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 7:05:57 PM PDT
I have the same problem......love the single version- do not care to use any of the others. This really stinks! How about an update to fix the problems.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 8:07:25 PM PDT
Come on EA can't you see that your customers want the single player mode. What gives?
That was the best feature on this game besides the only part that worked correctly.
Please fix it now!

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 8:23:04 PM PDT
What is up with this? I had the program Solely to plays alone as a time killer and they can just demo e the add-on without my consent??? That is just wrong and possibly illegal!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 8:59:05 PM PDT
Same problem. I e-mailed support but it looks like more people are coming out with the same problem. Can you imagine playing with people over the computer. One game takes days.....total boredom.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 5:03:53 AM PDT
rasnew414 says:
Not fair for Hasbro to automatically "update" our systems with a downgrade of the game. I only played this in single-player mode - but now this is useless to me and I'm super angry. I recommend for everyone that's been affected to provide feedback so that Hasbro knows how disappointed we all are.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 6:33:20 AM PDT
I contacted Amazon Kindle customer service. They are giving me a refund for the cost of the game. I went on live chat with the Amazon rep to report the problem and they emailed me the refund confirmation in just a few minutes saying it will be credited to my account in a few days. They also urged me to complain to the provider and gave me the following contact info:

"The contact Information for Electronic Arts Inc. use this link: http://www.ea.com/1/privacy-contacts

please also post complaints on their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EA

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon." I plan to email my complaint and said I would urge others to do the same.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 8:14:06 AM PDT
M. Nunn says:
I just downloaded it again and it appears that the Kindle Fire Single player mode is back. Great for now. I just hope not technician messes with it again.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  SCRABBLE forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Aug 29, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
SCRABBLE
SCRABBLE by Electronic Arts Inc.
3.6 out of 5 stars   (5,636)