Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Amazon Elements Sensitive Baby Wipes, Exclusive to Prime Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2014 8:22:51 PM PST
Rob B. says:
Is there a single player option for this game. I love Plants vs. Zombies and can't wait to play this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!!!!!

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 12:58:58 AM PST
There are 2 different Single Player Modes and I believe 4 different MP Modes. Both Single Player Modes can be played with up to 4 people cooperatively. Honestly, I am looking forward to this. Seems different and unique enough to stand on it's own and hold us over for a bit. Also.... It's only $39.99 on Xbox ONE.

If you need someone to JAM with on Xbox LIVE, send me a FRIEND REQUEST with an attached MESSAGE letting me know the reason for the request.

Xbox LIVE GT : The Wall
PSN Gamertag : DrksideOfTheWall

Be good and keep gaming!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2014 7:57:00 PM PST
Rob B. says:
Thanks for the info. I will look you up if I decide to play online. Thanks again. Have a good one!!!!!!!!

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 12:03:31 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 25, 2014 12:05:02 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 4:30:23 AM PST
Will says:
There is no signle player. You must always connect online. Check out the games web site, there are lots of people asking about this.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2014 5:08:52 AM PST
There IS a single player mode, it is called Garden Ops. YES, you DO need to have Xbox LIVE Gold and an Origins Account (FREE) to play it, but there IS indeed a Single Player mode.

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 12:41:37 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 1, 2014 12:43:29 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 6:21:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2014 6:22:01 AM PST
Swampthing says:
The game does not have a "single player" mode. The mode you are talking about is called "cooperative play," which is not the same as single play. Once other players join you in any mode, it is no longer a "single player" mode. If this were true "single player" then you could play Garden Ops alone... but you can't.

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 1:43:10 PM PST
jj says:
I had the game on xbox one and I did play single player . It was a horde mode of sorts .

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 2:43:59 AM PDT
Swampthing says:
Nope, you didn't. Perhaps you didn't realize it, but all the plants and zombies in that mode are actual players on Xbox Live. 3 other players helped you, and 4 other players were playing against you. That's not SINGLE player. It is cooperative and team-based play.

For it to be TRUE single player, you would have the option of not logging into Xbox Live at all, and all the other characters would be played by bots. That option does not exist at the moment.

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 5:20:58 PM PDT
jj says:
I'm not bothering to link this - but I did read there's a mode to be played a l o n e , and know that I did in fact play this game alone with computer AI and yes it was " connected " online as I always am . Parted with the game a few days after just as I will with this thread .

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 5:46:34 PM PDT
R. Fong says:
I just bought the game in Xbox one - so I MUST have the Live acct before I can play? That kind of suck... :'(

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 2:37:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2014 2:38:38 PM PDT
Yes, there is a single player mode but only on Xbox One. It involves defending a garden from increasingly more challenging waves of zombies. You control a character in FPS mode and can plant assets in strategic places to assist with dispatching zombies like in tower defense. I have played this mode a few times, so I can most certainly verify it exists. As others have mentioned, you need to have the online accounts set up, but I apparently already had them and I'm not even an online gamer by any means.

That said, the single player mode is pretty boring. The game shines in online multiplayer. Again, I'm not an online gamer and also not a big fan of FPS games, but this game is a rare exception for me. It's terrific fun.

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 8:08:25 PM PDT
Rob B. says:
Thanks again for everyones info on the game!!!!

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 9:39:45 AM PDT
SpookySquid says:
Yeah, no matter what you need XBOX live. There's no actual single player mode. However, you can create a Garden Ops game and mark it private, and play by yourself. It's okay, but a lot less fun than the normal multiplayer modes. I play garden ops alone in order to complete specific character challenges that are nearly impossible in normal multiplayer (kill X amount of very specific zombie types)...if you beat it, you can get a decent amount of coins...but depending on how good you are and what plant you're playing, it can be difficult to beat. That said, I highly recommend this game. The multiplayer is fast and fun - you won't feel completely overmatched, and it has all of the interesting costume customizations you could ever want (seriously, there's a bazzillion things to put on your characters to make them different). Also, if you don't like playing as the plants or zombies...use RB to switch teams during the character select screen.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2014
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about