Sings With Strings
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$14.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star)show all reviews
on August 30, 2011
I have bought every single Rick Braun disc since Beat Street, and in the days before MP3s I actually bought several of his discs to give out as gifts. He is my absolute favorite jazz performer regardless of genre. I even liked his vocal on the song Love Will Find A Way from his Notorious disc, it was tailored to his voice. But this......

I am listening to it on Spotify right now and just do not understand it. Rick is a wonderful artist and I guess he gets do to a pet project considering his long line of success, but please, leave this to Connick and Buble'. Go ahead and do an instrumental Chet Baker-style disc and throw in one vocal song (well chosen), but an entire disc of strings and vocals???

This is the first disc I am not buying. So sorry, but I cannot do this. I vote with my dollars, and I cannot vote for this.

Two stars because his horn playing is good, but avoid this if you are looking for a good jazz disc. Check out Notorious or Shake It Up instead, those are true classics. Or just go buy a Chet Baker disc if you want jazz vocals.

Rick, I hope this product gives you a feeling of satisfaction and completeness. And I hope this is a phase that passes quickly. Play real jazz if you want, just do it with your horn, please.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again