Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 23, 2006
I truly enjoyed and relate to this book. Being a mother, although wonderful, is much more challenging than I ever imagined. Those who have left negative reviews need to respect that the author is sharing her experiences as a mother, from her perspective. Nowhere does she suggest that HER way of doing things is the "best" way, or the only way. In fact, I don't hear her advocating ANYTHING in this book other than being respectful and supportive of one another as mothers. She is making the all too important and often overlooked point that there are MANY different "good" ways of parenting, and we as mothers should respect one another's choices, discard competitive subtexts, and be supportive of one another. Refering to one another as "sissies" as a previous reviewer did and believing (or perceiving) that because you have had success with a particular parenting style or choice that you can make presumptions and judgments about another mother who is struggling or made a less "popular" choice in that area is both ignorant and overly simplistic, and is most likely indicative of one's own insecurities as a parent. I applaud Stefanie for her honesty and candor. I will be sharing this book with many friends.
on March 17, 2007
I purchased this book as a baby shower gift for a new mom who was having her second child in 14 months. It was the hit of the party and everyone there, especially Grandma and older "been there, done that" moms, had a huge laugh over the suggestions contained within.
on June 27, 2006
If you are a super-mom skip this book. If you are like the rest of us and struggling day-to-day this is a must read. I laughed out loud many times. For those of us that had an "active social life" pre-baby and hope to have one in the next 20 years-you will totally relate to this book. I too,will also include this as my new baby shower gift must haves!!
on November 13, 2013
This book was a great read, especially for me as a first time mom. It has a lot of humor (that, let's face it, most moms think a lot of the time) and is really helpful. It lets other moms out there know that they are not alone.
on December 15, 2011
I just received this book. Its for my sister, a new mommy to be. I read through it a bit and enjoy the sense of humor. I want to keep it to read first, lol. I think she's really going to enjoy it. I had to scour the internet to find a book for her that wasn't one of those typical preachy "do or die" baby books, which I'm sure she'll receive plenty off. This should be a nice reprieve in the midst of her upcoming (happy)madness.
on September 17, 2014
I loved this book! As a professional nanny working in Los Angeles, I could relate to the cross section of crazies that the author talked about. I liked her funny take on the usually serious job of parenting. I will read all of her other books for sure, though this book was written several years ago, it still stands current. Thank you Stefanie Wilder-Taylor for your literary contribution!
on July 28, 2013
I bought this as a lighthearted gift for my daughter's first baby shower. After reading it, though, I decided not to give it to her. It just seemed to have too negative a spin on it to give to an expectant mother.

Maybe now that she's got two children, she can read it and laugh. I'll take another look, if I can remember where I put it!
on January 22, 2014
I love all of Stephanie Wilder Taylor's books. This one about motherhood is just as funny as her earlier books, such as It's Not Me, It's You. If you need a light, funny read, you can't go wrong with this one--especially if you are a mother, but even if you're not.
on March 21, 2014
Pages had markings on them in some sort of blue marker so that was disappointing but it in no way detracted from this read. Otherwise product in great condition. As for the book itself, I liked it but wish I would have read it before my child was born...definitely would have been more helpful, though I still found it very entertaining and easier to relate to.
on July 28, 2012
I really wish I would've read this book before I had my baby. There are so many things to feel insecure about when you're a first time Mother and Stefanie Wilder-Taylor helps you put them in perspective with her comedy. At times I laughed with her, others at her, and even at myself at times. Had more than one snort laugh while reading this book. Caution, she can be a little crude sometimes, but I really enjoyed this book.